• E-book (Kindle and similar devices)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Physical Copy

Votes: 26 89.7%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Roman Legion

How do you prefer to read your books? I have noticed that I enjoy my books far more when I have the actual book im my hands.. I mean my kindle is great for so much, but to me nothing beats old fashioned paper books.

Last edited:

*Amy*

Yep, holding a books in your hands, lying on your bed or sofa, feeling the smell, and the touch of the pages... I don't think that's comparable to an e-book, practical as it may be.

Hoppy

Without interruptions.

But yes, I like real books (got about 2000), but I've found once the story pulls you in the format doesn't matter.

hidwell

There will always be a place in society for the humble paperback. Portable, lightweight and quite cheap.

Illusions

Nothing beats having a hard copy in your hands. Though recently I've taken to reading .pdf copies of novels on my phone so I can read on the go. Definitely more convenient, not to mention environmentally-friendly.

I cringe at the very touch of paper or dry paper like surface. But I do notice that when a book has a smooth page surface (which is the case with most subject books I own), I tend to prefer a bound book over any digital format.

Boby

I like physical books and I hate digital copies.I had a lot of digital books to study for school,it was horrible.

Phoenixx

I have never had a kindle, nook, or any e-reader for that matter. I can't see myself ever getting one either. Holding the book in your hand and touching and turning the pages is all in the experience!

Without interruptions.
^ This too. ::p: I can't stand being interrupted when I'm in the middle of a good book.

Srijita52

Without interruptions.

But yes, I like real books (got about 2000), but I've found once the story pulls you in the format doesn't matter.
^This. The story's definitely most important, real books are always better though.

Iluv

Physical copy of course. Don't have to worry about the battery dying, or even if you do spill something on it it's not like the whole thing is going to blow.
I just prefer actually having it, I feel like the ones on a device are impostors of the real copy. :eek:.
Plus you can't really hit a bug with a kindle unless you want it shattered in pieces....

O'Killian

I don't actually own an e-reader, but I do read a lot of PDFs. Most of these are rulebooks (for which Ctrl+F is basically a godsend) or scholarly papers and such, though. I usually prefer my fiction on a dead tree.

In an ideal world, I think I'd like to have access to both, heh.

Roman Legion

Only reason I have a Kindle is because my grandmother gave me one, otherwise I would have never owned one.. But I am going to start buying physical copies of books, I am not enjoying the experience on the kindle as much as the pysical copy..

Lonelykitsune

I'm too much of a clumsy, forgetful oaf for a kindle and my eyes get sore staring at screens for too long. Plus you can't squash bugs with a kindle.

Also I still like going to the library and wasting time, getting books for free.

Roman Legion

I dropped my kindle in my vomit earlier after I experience heavy anxiety.. ::(: It works, but smells bad, even after cleaning.. I think some may have got behind the buttons.. I need to take it apart and clean there..

psych

Never had an e-book... Got a bunch of paperbacks here I've yet to read. Also a book shelf. Guess that makes me old fashioned. :confused:
Not that I'd mind owning a kindle.