How do people make you feel?

Array

Hey i just added this chick at work i like to face book and anyway i had a glimpse into her life and it started making me think.

Just wondering how everyone feels when they take a look into someone's life and see that they get invited out all the time? See that they have many friends? And see that they look so happy in photo's with all their friends? Also seeing them happily talking away to everyone else at work? And feeling like you don't belong in that world for whatever reason

Qbmaster

Hey i just added this chick at work i like to face book and anyway i had a glimpse into her life and it started making me think.

Just wondering how everyone feels when they take a look into someone's life and see that they get invited out all the time? See that they have many friends? And see that they look so happy in photo's with all their friends? Also seeing them happily talking away to everyone else at work? And feeling like you don't belong in that world for whatever reason

We have to realize that the fact that someone is out all the time does not mean that that person is invited out all the time. The most social people I know tend to invite themselves. They may have thousands of Facebook friends, but this tells us nothing except that they are extremely active on Facebook. Looking happy in a photo says nothing about how happy that person really is. Use Facebook as a tool for staying in touch with people, not for comparing people.

Pink_Paula

It doesn't really bother me anymore, i used to think "lucky sods" but now i just think oh well, good for them, maybe one day i'll be able to join them lol

AimeeSP

It doesn't really bother me anymore, i used to think "lucky sods" but now i just think oh well, good for them, maybe one day i'll be able to join them lol

Same here, i used to feel so upset not being able to join them and i'd even end up in tears at some points! I still feel abit down sometimes when i see the photos and think, "man, if only i didn't have SA and had self confidence i could have been there." but yeah, someday i will. :)

Pink_Paula

Same here, i used to feel so upset not being able to join them and i'd even end up in tears at some points! I still feel abit down sometimes when i see the photos and think, "man, if only i didn't have SA and had self confidence i could have been there." but yeah, someday i will. :)

I was the same, knowing that others were out having fun and stuff used to really get me down, i've spent many a night crying as well, but you have to keep hope and believe that one day you will get there, it's not impossible :)

I was the same, knowing that others were out having fun and stuff used to really get me down, i've spent many a night crying as well, but you have to keep hope and believe that one day you will get there, it's not impossible :)

Yeah, I try as well nowadays to think like you gals.
May be someday I might be a happy one like I imagine them to be. :)

Richey

yesterday i was at a family party and everyone was joking around for the entire night and when i say that i mean everyone joking/being sarcastic whatever and reacting instantly with conversation that is equally as funny or valid and for quite a bit i'd just sit there having no idea what to say then i'd make a comment if i knew i had an opinion.
it just seems that everyone had an opinion on everything talked about,
how do people know so much? its like suddenly the conversation went from sport to chinese culture and they started to seriously talk in specifics and i'm just sitting there trying to learn but at the same in awe that they could know so much about every random thing brought up. in the end i sat there feeling dumb that i had no clue what they were on about so my input was asking questions.

206Raider

I used to be bothered like a lot of people said but now I'm not so much. I want to be there but something prevents me and when I go to social gatherings I can feel unsure of myself and if I'm not clicking in conversations with anyone I just want to get the hell out of there before (in my head) I make myself look stupid or boring somehow.