How did you meet your significant other?

IGotSeoul

I sometimes like to wonder what my future significant other is doing right now, even though I probably haven't met her. Ponder about what future events and occurrences will bring us together when the day does come (I hope).

Tiercel

I was gonna make a joke about my left hand, because that's the one I use to fret strings on a guitar.

Then I was gonna make an eBay joke, since that's where I found my Marshall amp head years ago.

Finally I realized that I have yet to overcome my problems, so I sit here alone. Except for those problems, that left hand, and that amp head, of course.

So maybe listing yourself on eBay?

:D

Tiercel

But what if nobody bids...

People bid on all kinds of crazy stuff on eBay. If plain old you doesn't sell, maybe a crude drawing of Jesus would make you more desirable?

It's worked for lots of other things. ;)

sanitariumcalls

I was with a very close chick friend and she had a bottle of Makers Mark that was half full and I wanted to drink. Turns out she didn't pay for it, so she called her friend (who bought the bottle) and we went to hand out with him and drink. Well his friend was there, who happens to be a fellow metalhead and we clicked so I gave him my number (if he wasn't as cute as he was I wouldn't have lol but seriously we talked for hours it was great).

And here we are 3 years later ^_^

Pookah

I'm encouraged that some of you had luck online. As for meeting through friends I'd have to get some friends to do that. :/

I don't think anyone would buy me on ebay.

Last edited:

Tiercel

I don't think anyone would buy me on ebay.

I like carrot cake, so you at least are good for something. ;)

What did you have in mind for a starting bid? And don't set your reserve too high. Any guy who wins knows full well he'll end up paying for the rest of his life....

Pookah

That's because you're priceless. :)

That's sweet. *squish you*

I like carrot cake, so you at least are good for something. ;)

What did you have in mind for a starting bid? And don't set your reserve too high. Any guy who wins knows full well he'll end up paying for the rest of his life....

Lol what is that supposed to mean?!

Tiercel

Lol what is that supposed to mean?!

You mean women don't know? The asking for favors, nagging us to do chores we should have done two weeks ago, the time spent with your family, sometimes even just your voice. We always pay. One way or another, we always pay.

Or so I've heard.... :rolleyes:

Tiercel

:(

I do no such things.

Really? In that case, what's your starting bid? :D

The fact that I don't currently have an account on eBay really isn't relevant. And for all I know, you may prefer a fast-talking auctioneer to a bit of code sitting on a server. It makes the whole auction process much more impressive than a few key clicks on a keyboard.

Or so I've heard.... ;)

Tuco

I would like to know if people here who are in relationships took the first step to establishing them, overcoming their SA even if it only was temporarily, or if they were lucky enough to have been approached by someone they liked.
I have never been in a relationship, because I would never approach someone if I didn't know they liked me (at least it has been that way so far).

Sinar_Matahari

I would like to know if people here who are in relationships took the first step to establishing them, overcoming their SA even if it only was temporarily, or if they were lucky enough to have been approached by someone they liked.
I have never been in a relationship, because I would never approach someone if I didn't know they liked me (at least it has been that way so far).

Had I been certain that he liked me, I would have made the first step. He made the first step once he found out that I was interested in him. At first he thought that his friends were playing a prank on him.

Shy_Gurl2007

We met through mutual friends. I was first hanging out with his best friend, but he obviously wasn't interested. My boyfriend and I started talking because he was giving me advice on why it wasn't working out with his friend. We just started talking everyday, and I just asked him out lol. Honestly, I never thought he would be into a shy girl like me.