How did you meet your significant other?

Pookah

For those with social anxiety/phobia who are in relationships, how did you meet you partner? Just curious to see how the SA was overcome in order to meet somebody....get some idea of the most frequent method.

ilmatross

You surgically attach her or wut?

PeterRightHand.jpg

here's a pic of her

Pookah

Hmmm....yeah....its not all about sex you know. Do you talk to "her?" Where are her brains?! :p

Pookah

i was more alluding to the fact that im single

she loves me very much ok yes i talk to her

Sorry I talk just to talk half the time, silliness and such. :)

I was hoping I could figure out how people manage to meet compatible folk.

ilmatross

Sorry I talk just to talk half the time, silliness and such. :)

I was hoping I could figure out how people manage to meet compatible folk.

i met an ex that lasted a year on an anime website

although im not a poster child for successful relationships so ill stay out of this discussion :D

Pookah

i met an ex that lasted a year on an anime website

although im not a poster child for successful relationships so ill stay out of this discussion :D

Feel free to contribute, I'm not tryin to kick yeh out.

Almost entirely through school and work, but I met my most recent ex-gf through mutual friends.

But yeah, going to go out on a limb and guess that most people (SA or not) meet their SOs through either school or work.

Booo. I guess I should get a better job then....or go back to school. *sigh*

SMFTW07

I met mine on a teen support site about two years ago. A year later, we were still talking and ended up really enjoying each other. She eventually moved to Michigan from New Jersey to be with me and now we live together and are going to college full time. Honestly, before she came to Michigan, I was scared ****less and never thought I would be able to do it. I'm glad I did, though. It has been one big learning experience and she has deff pushed me, which was much needed.

ilmatross

The internet hookups sound great, but I don't think I could ever get over the mental hurdle of assuming just about every "female" on interWebz message boards are dudes (I mean, unless we're talking about a fashion forum or something).

I go on a site thats like 5:1 girl to guy, and they're all in their 20s

if i was less shy i could be a very happy man

sigh

emerald_star733

I met mine 8 years ago in my home town... he was on a working visa travelling around the world..., i hated going to the bars(used to love it) and my friend begged me to go.. so i went... and when i walked in , hub was there and he said when he saw me he knew i was going to be his wife someday.. and alas.. he was right... the rest as we say is history::eek::