how bad is your negative thoughts ?

petrified eyes

Very bad. I'm always criticizing myself, always talking myself out of things, always telling myself "I'm not good enough". I always think I'm unwanted or disliked by everyone even family. I'm my own worst enemy. I'm working on trying to stop these thoughts, it's very difficult though.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
At worst, very negative. Most of the time it's very subtle, and it feels so normal I don't even notice whats going on. I think by nature whenever something happens I need someone to blame, and usually that person is me.

Silvox Black

Life threatening. It has reduced to me to a sniveling wretch and brought upon fits of rage where I attempt to harm myself. My mind never seems to learn. Each day, each moment, it unceasingly analyzes and ruminates on everything that happened as well as coupling those thoughts with whatever painful memories I have on hand. It can be very abrupt and without warning, simply appearing from nowhere and ruining my day.

Feathers

It depends on the day and the weather and if I'm hungry or not (or what I've eaten).. Also depends on who I'm with and how they make me feel (about myself or life in general)..

I was very surprised when I heard about the negative thoughts for the first time too.. I thought I was being 'realistic' before, now I know better... :D
I sometimes forget I'm hungry or don't realize about the 'thought distortions' too..

If you recognize your neg. thoughts that's a great 1st step!
Accepting and liking yourself despite them is the bigger challenge, it can be done too.. :) /I had a great insight today: you don't have to agree or approve to like yourself or someone else! ;)/

fitftw

I'm always talking down about myself. Even on the rare occasion someone says something positive about me, I deny it, blush, look at the ground, walk away.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm always talking down about myself. Even on the rare occasion someone says something positive about me, I deny it, blush, look at the ground, walk away.

Yeah, and whenever I don't I feel like a conceded jerk.

tweetebird

My negative thought process varies from hardly there to really bad (hopeless view of myself, or hopeless view of the world).

Feathers

Oh how I understand you! :) I can handle it in RL, especially if I know people and it's specific and I agree with it.. (The best way is to just say:' Thanks'.) Online I can think 'If only you knew me...' lol.