How are you feeling?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I can understand the washing machine but what did the xbox do?
Ah crap.. did they both die on you?

My washing machine is old and temperamental, sometimes it quits in the middle of a cycle and leaves my clothes sitting in soaking water. I'll come downstairs to check the load, thinking it's done, only to realize I have to reset the machine and wait all over again. It did this to me twice today.

Meanwhile, I was gonna play Dark Souls 3 while I waited, but my Xbox required a big update since I hadn't turned it on in a couple of months, and then after I downloaded that update I had to download another one for DS3. So all this while, no laundry is getting done AND no Dark Souls is getting played. I was just spinning wheels for three hours.

Not to mention I couldn't remember my Xbox Live password so that was a hassle, and then when I finally got all that sorted and finished both the updates, my Xbox wouldn't recognize my DS3 disk. So I sat there for another twenty minutes running the troubleshooter, losing my mind, only to realize I hadn't even put the stinking disc in!

Permeating all that, I thought a family member was angry with me all day today because they didn't return my texts last week, only to find-out they were just busy and forgot. It was just a crappy day, I felt like I had to hold onto my head to keep it from flying off.

TL;DR - Life sucks then you die... fortunately.

Last edited:
My washing machine is old and temperamental, sometimes it quits in the middle of a cycle and leaves my clothes sitting in soaking water. I'll come downstairs to check the load, thinking it's done, only to realize I have to reset the machine and wait all over again. It did this to me twice today.

Meanwhile, I was gonna play Dark Souls 3 while I waited, but my Xbox required a big update since I hadn't turned it on in a couple of months, and then after I downloaded that update I had to download another one for DS3. So all this while, no laundry is getting done AND no Dark Souls is getting played. I was just spinning wheels for three hours.

Not to mention I couldn't remember my Xbox Live password so that was a hassle, and then when I finally got all that sorted and finished both the updates, my Xbox wouldn't recognize my DS3 disk. So I sat there for another twenty minutes running the troubleshooter, losing my mind, only to realize I hadn't even put the stinking disc in!

Permeating all that, I thought a family member was angry with me all day today because they didn't return my texts last week, only to find-out they were just busy and forgot. It was just a crappy day, I felt like I had to hold onto my head to keep it from flying off.

TL;DR - Life sucks then you die... fortunately.

Geez, that is a frustrating day, Fountain! 😔

tenor.gif

...my Xbox required a big update since I hadn't turned it on in a couple of months...

Wait, what!???? :oops:

I did not know that someone who owned an Xbox would actually go "a couple of months" without turning it on!!??? :eek: For real?

@ Fountain, Oh regarding your washing machine....

Old washing machines often will turn themselves off if the load of clothing gets uneven during the cycle.
So next time when you find it has turned off, try readjusting the clothes (with your hands) so the weight is evenly distributed, then press the start/go button, and see what happens.
If that is what is happening, once you manually even out the load, and press start/go, it just resumes where it left off.

LoyalXenite

@ Fountain, Oh regarding your washing machine....

Old washing machines often will turn themselves off if the load of clothing gets uneven during the cycle.
So next time when you find it has turned off, try readjusting the clothes (with your hands) so the weight is evenly distributed, then press the start/go button, and see what happens.
If that is what is happening, once you manually even out the load, and press start/go, it just resumes where it left off.

I hate when washing machines are temperamental about balance. Its so annoying when it spins itself out of balance :mad::mad:

Kiwong

A good day yesterday. Ran my local parkrun, first time, since the stroke. A guy I know paced me around. Talked to several people I know. I am connecting better. Did 5km in 29:20 finished 86th/149 runners.

Last edited:
Feel like I've been hit by a Tsunami, and I'm back to struggling trying to make it back up to the surface again for some air. 😢

Just when you have been treading water sufficiently enough to breath for about a few weeks, then....BOOM!!

Out of no where, no warning, no reason, another huge wave comes and sinks you deep under the water again.

Depression is such a cruel thing. :(

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Who cares... ? Also, it would’nae make much difference if ah telt ye, anyway. Same ol’ $h!%, different day for me, ultimately. Same ol’ crappy family to deal with, as always. :mad: Well, the “adults” at least... my nieces aren’t as bad, they’re more tolerable than the rest o’ them, and that sayin’ summit. My depression is slowly getting worse, I should probably channel my feelings into writing some instrumental music, I suppose? :unsure: Just don’t know where to begin with it... since I haven’t really sat down and wrote using something else as inspiration. :confused:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Feel like I've been hit by a Tsunami, and I'm back to struggling trying to make it back up to the surface again for some air. 😢

Just when you have been treading water sufficiently enough to breath for about a few weeks, then....BOOM!!

Out of no where, no warning, no reason, another huge wave comes and sinks you deep under the water again.

Yep, I can relate, there ! That’s pretty much how ah huv felt dealing with my family for the past 2 years.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?

LoyalXenite

Would you say you're feeling
melon-collie.jpg

I feel you though, seems Im going through another slump again already