How are you feeling?

KiaKaha

Banned
I sometimes think about this and my waning youth. The years really do fly by when you start getting older - youth is very fleeting.
I think all of us at some point realize our own mortality and that death will eventually claim us. It is an unpleasant thought, but I think it is mildly cathartic to process and come to terms with our death. Don't let it bring you down too much though - part of being human is the realization that we all must die at some point.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah feel like just giving up, tae be honest wi' ye. :sad: Am no daein' that great the noo.

Just feelin' dour, apathetic and cynical - but that's me as per usual.

Starry and Kia, you're making me sad :sad: I get thoughts like that too - even in spite of feeling like I want to die sometimes. But I think most people do. Like Kia said, it's part of being human. I just try to turn my attention to something else. I remind myself that millions and millions of people have gotten old and died before me so it can't be that bad.

Srijita I hope you're feeling better by now, but if not here's a cyber hug
>>> S <<< Although... it kind of looks like pointy arrows closing in on you. But it's the best I can do over the internet. I don't like those parentheses hugs :p

Last edited:
I feel kind of down. But it isn't so bad that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm hoping I can get myself motivated to do some important things today, and maybe that will pull me out of this mindset. I'm also still reading The Instant Economist, which I'm finding really interesting even though it's basically like reading a textbook for Econ 101, but maybe with slightly more flair. I am such a nerd.

ImNotMyIllness

I feel kind of down. But it isn't so bad that I don't feel like doing anything. I'm hoping I can get myself motivated to do some important things today, and maybe that will pull me out of this mindset. I'm also still reading The Instant Economist, which I'm finding really interesting even though it's basically like reading a textbook for Econ 101, but maybe with slightly more flair. I am such a nerd.

That sounds cool! My inner/outer nerd loves books like that.

planemo

I hope everyone feeling down has an upturn in fortunes. :)

I was thinking about reading an Economics textbook as well. I'm no Adam Smith, but it's better than having nothing to do.:)

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm still down also feeling like the meanest person on Earth.

:sad: But, you're such a kind-hearted, sweet, caring, person, Srijita. Hug*
1sm096hug4.gif

I replied to that PM you sent me, by the way. :thumbup:

FeartheGreat

Today is just another horrible chapter int he life of mine. As time marches on things only get worse, and this SA of mine refuses to let me do anything about it. I have just finished college a few months ago and the payments for it will be due this coming Friday. I need to get a job but I cannot. Though out my entire life I have always wanted to get paid to buy the things I want but never had to courage to get out and land a career. The time I spent in college at the moment is a waste because I have not acted on it in order to get a career. I went to college mainly for my mother who would cry because I said I never wanted to go. Because I don't have a job due to my SA everything is coming down on me all at once and I don't know what to do. I even got a letter today from a loan shark company for an outdated internet bill because my mother has started to refuse to pay it anymore because I'm the only one who uses the internet in the house. My internet has been cut off many times before and each time it does I feel like I'm slowly turning insane over time. Anyway I think that is enough of a small rant for now. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this meaningless banter but I just needed to get it out somewhere.

Srijita52

Thank you all for your kindness.
Today is just another horrible chapter int he life of mine. As time marches on things only get worse, and this SA of mine refuses to let me do anything about it. I have just finished college a few months ago and the payments for it will be due this coming Friday. I need to get a job but I cannot. Though out my entire life I have always wanted to get paid to buy the things I want but never had to courage to get out and land a career. The time I spent in college at the moment is a waste because I have not acted on it in order to get a career. I went to college mainly for my mother who would cry because I said I never wanted to go. Because I don't have a job due to my SA everything is coming down on me all at once and I don't know what to do. I even got a letter today from a loan shark company for an outdated internet bill because my mother has started to refuse to pay it anymore because I'm the only one who uses the internet in the house. My internet has been cut off many times before and each time it does I feel like I'm slowly turning insane over time. Anyway I think that is enough of a small rant for now. Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this meaningless banter but I just needed to get it out somewhere.
I read the whole post. I'm sorry you're going a tough time. I hope things start to get better and soon.
Still frustrated at my social skills but I'm otherwise okay. Not feeling great atm but I think I'll survive. :)