How are you feeling?

Srijita52

I'm feeling good today!

I was productive earlier by doing some domestic chores for my parents and cooking dinner for tonight. It was good to be moving and have the house to myself.

I will be going to a barbecue soon. I am slightly nervous but I hope to be okay. My therapist has given me a challenge for this barbecue: don't be overly friendly to people that I don't know and to just be myself. I have a tendency to be over impressive to people I don't know so that's the reason she's issued this challenge, so I will try to succeed with it.

Positive thinking for the win! :D
Go for it Mikey. I know you can win this challenge. You rock. :D
Starting the feel better I think.

^ I'm feeling much better than I was, thanks.
I'm glad both of you are feeling better. :)

MikeyC

Trying to stay happy and possitive, and not think about thinks that will get me depressed.
I hope it works for you. :)

I think, though, the key is to not try and repress negative/depressing thoughts, but deal with them in a way that's not going to upset you. I know it's easier said than done, and I'm only doing it now with the help of my therapist, but not dealing with them will make it worse in the future. I'm still perfecting this balance, too.

Srijita52

I hope it works for you. :)

I think, though, the key is to not try and repress negative/depressing thoughts, but deal with them in a way that's not going to upset you. I know it's easier said than done, and I'm only doing it now with the help of my therapist, but not dealing with them will make it worse in the future. I'm still perfecting this balance, too.
Yeah, nice point Mikey. I guess not dealing with the things that bother us don't make them go away, they're still there. So maybe the best we can do is to work on them.

MikeyC

Yeah, nice point Mikey. I guess not dealing with the things that bother us don't make them go away, they're still there. So maybe the best we can do is to work on them.
Everyone's different, so maybe forgetting about them can work, too. It doesn't for me, though. ::p:

Not long until the barbecue...featuring a jumping castle! :D

Nathália

Mikey, you're just giant kid. Tell them not to discriminate against you because kids come in all sizes.

I so want to go to an amusement park right after that and since it is hot, Oceans of fun would be perfect.

Foxface

Mikey, you're just giant kid. Tell them not to discriminate against you because kids come in all sizes.

I so want to go to an amusement park right after that and since it is hot, Oceans of fun would be perfect.

Same here. They're fun and I haven't been to one since I was very young.