Hopping along - Hoppy's journal

Hoppy

The good: The workshop closes tomorrow for three weeks of holiday over the Christmas season, only restarting on the 9th.

The bad: We are running late on a lot of stuff, so guess who is going to have to finish it? Me. Maybe some people would come in to help. but I cannot bargain on anybody.

The good: My sister and her husband is coming for 3 weeks.

The bad: He is english, so I am going to talk english for three weeks.

The good: The plumbers are working at my house right now, so that problem will get fixed.

The bad: It is now six weeks since they have started and stopped and started and stopped. I have no idea what it is going to cost.

The very embarrasing: The plumber's mother died last week and I think it is on that day I phoned him and told him to get the job done or else. I wondered why he sounded so funny on the phone.

1BlackSheep

The very embarrasing: The plumber's mother died last week and I think it is on that day I phoned him and told him to get the job done or else. I wondered why he sounded so funny on the phone.

HomerSimpson.jpg

JackOfSpades

"Does the constant supply of information steal our ability to imagine,
replace our dreams of achieving; after all, if it is being done
somewhere, by someone, and we can participate virtually, then why bother leaving the house?"

Ben Saunders: Why bother leaving the house? - YouTube

From the picture, I thought that was Jason Statham at first. :lol:
I think "information" is very closely related to "distraction" in the modern age. Recently I've become more aware of the unproductively meta (reading reviews rather than the book, reading about how to practice rather than practicing etc.), procrastination and optimizers. And the term satisficing has entered my lexicon.

Thanks for the journal. I've taken a lot of practical ideas from this thread that have helped me in different aspects of bettering myself.

Hoppy

Things change, and sometimes not for the better.

My self-cofidence has taken a huge knock and I think it will be better for me to go off and fight my demons alone for a while. Morituri te salutant.

I will be lurking around until I see the red truck, and one day, hopefully soon, I will be back.

I wish you all health, happiness and good luck.

Jacques

Hoppy

“My whole life fell apart. What was happening reminded me how worthless I was, how no one wanted me, how much of a burden I was. All of these underlying things I had believed for a long time but ignored. I got to the point where I just couldn’t bear the thought of living any more. That got very aggressive and all-consuming.” - Katharine Welby

Article here

Hoppy

The last month was actually good. There was the odd little problem but I was on an even keel.

It was only last night when I had an emotional crash that I realised how well it went. So I woke up this morning at 2 and couldn't get to sleep again. So now I am tired, upset and not happy. And I know what caused it, I cannot do anything to control it, and I just have to wait for a week or two for my mind to sort itself out.

And we have a new employee at work, a very nice and quite pretty 22 year old girl who make me realise what I am missing. I have no plans to start making eyes at her, there is too much difference, but it is nice to have some social interaction.

Hoppy

I do some woodwork occasionally and made this chest for a competition. It was fun to work against a deadline, and to try out some new skills. I knew from the start that I probably wouldn't win, but had a go at it anyway.

And I got to share the booby prize.:bigsmile:

Life is good sometimes.

attachment.php