Hello! From Japan

nyan_n

hello,everyone! I'm from Japan.
I can't use English well so I'm afraid of communicating in English with native English speakers. I don't have confidence to make myself understood correctly.
But I couldn't find any forum like this in Japanese websites.
I feel so lonely and I want to share my feelings with someone who think the same.
I have SAD. I'm 26 but I don't have a job.I don't know how to get out from this situation. I want to know how to deal with my feelings that I want to die.

I'm sorry for my poor English.

Blabla..

Hi , welcome !

Your English is fine , it's not my native language either , don't be afraid .

Most of the people here are just like you , don't be afraid to talk about how you feel !

Remus

Staff member
It's a world forum and we do not expect perfect english, so don't worry nyan. My english isn't great and I am English lol

Welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

Welcome to the forum~

I can understand you perfectly, so just think of this as practice, since you're really quite good with English in your post.
I am 23 and suffer from agoraphobia. I'm also unemployed and depressed.

If you are dealing with constant feelings like you want to die, you should make an appointment to see your doctor or a therapist.
There are also suicide hotlines you can call if you feel that you need someone to talk to.
The best thing for these feelings is to find a distraction-
Do you have any hobbies? Art can also serve as a good output, so if you like to draw, write poetry or stories, the best time to do so is when you are feeling down. Some of the best artists and smartest minds often suffer from depression.

Exercise is also a good option.
I do some workout routines in my bedroom and go out running for an hour every night. That hour is pretty much the only time I spend outside of my room and it's good to get fresh air as well as a good cardio workout.

Anyway, explore the forum a bit because I'm sure you can find some friends and enjoy yourself. This is a place to talk openly, so please feel free to do so.

Prestonator

Hello and welcome to SPW :)

You're english is very understandable and legible - no need to worry about not being understood! :)

Do you want to explain your SAD more - what are your triggers?

I hope you feel you will be able to communicate with people on this site, after all, we are all here with an open ear! ;)

Srijita52

Hey,welcome to the forum & don't worry about English,mine's pathetic too;)
Feel free to share any of your thoughts & feelings here,its a really friendly site.btw,I really like Japan.Its a beautiful country:)

Newtype

Hello Nyan, you can share your feelings with everyone here. We're all different but we're all the same at the same time.

Are you a hikikomori?

nyan_n

Thank you everyone for your reply. I'm very glad that you warmly welcomed me.
I will try to improve my English skill and want to feel free to write what i feel.

nyan_n

To WeirdyMcGee
Thank you for your advice. I go to see my doctor twice a month and I take some medicines. I used to be a agoraphobia too but the medicine works for me to go out.
so i can go shopping sometime but i still can't communicate with people i don't know.
I can't make new friends. I don't have any courage to find a job.
I can't stop thinking negatively like "I'm useless." "nobody likes me." "people laughed at me."

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Heyas Nyan, you aren't useless or any of that, it's just in your head. Many of us think those thoughts, we've just programmed our minds towards negative self-talk. As Remus mentioned, CBT is imo one of the best ways to reprogram your mind for nicer self-talk =D

Anyways you'll like these forums, good luck!

Nanita

Hi Nyan
Welcome to the forum.
I understand how you feel.... I also have big problems being around people.

I lived in Tokyo from 2004 to 2005... I lived in Minami-Azabu, Minato ku... I love Japan :)