Have you ever gone out for a drink alone?

Is it creepy if you just stand there in a corner of the bar with a beer and don't have anyone to talk to?

And then you coincidentally met some acquaintances there asking why you were all alone and you couldn't explain why?

Whoopdeedoo

Ive had some good times going out alone...

No one cancels or is late
Youll have no one to babysit when they get too drunk
And no one bugging you to leave
Or asking for rides home

Its true freedom!!!
Get creative when people ask why youre alone
Or just say its easier this way
I fly solo by choice
I come and go as I please and answerto no one

I bet you ll start a cool lone wolf trend
Think & be like clint eastwood and how cool was he
Lol
Lighten up!

Lavinialuna

I have done it back when I was single. If someone were to ask why I was alone, just blow some smoke up their a$$. Say "I'm meeting someone later" or "I was looking for a friend of mine, but I don't see them." It isn't as strange as standing there alone feels to someone with SA. It is probably pretty common for people to go in alone and just chat up the bartender.

Yes I have. I used to do it quite a lot after work. I always went to the same bar and so after a while it wasn't unusual for people to see me there alone almost every night. I'd go there every night on my lunch break. After a year or so I was on a first name basis with the employees there. Nobody ever asked me much of anything and I never seen anybody I knew there until I got to know the staff, that is. I have to point out that I just worked in that town and I lived about 30 miles away at the time.

theoutsider

I did but it happened by accident. I was younger and I went to meet some friends at a bar. They never showed up so I ended up there alone for about an hour. I remember this woman kept trying to get me interested by asking a lot of questions and expressing how much she wanted to dance. She wasn't my type but I remember thinking to myself if it was that easy, I would start going to bars alone more often.... but I never did after that. LOL.

jimmy75

I love going out for a drink alone. Especially during the early afternoon when everyone else is at work and I feel like I own the town. It's so quiet and peaceful, probably more rewarding than drinking at home.

Argentum

People have done weirder things. I wouldn't do it because I can't watch TV in my undies at the bar.

THeCARS1979

I love going out for a drink alone. Especially during the early afternoon when everyone else is at work and I feel like I own the town. It's so quiet and peaceful, probably more rewarding than drinking at home.

Wow Na i cant do that , drinking early afternoon. If its the winter, I wait for the sun to go down at least. If its between 6 and 8 or 9 and Im at dinner with someone in a restuarant I ll get a drink. If Im away in Las Vegas lets say I may get a early afternoon Margarita or something, maybe after eating. I wont just go to a bar for the hell of it and just have a drink .

alonee

No, I never have and I probably never would. It just wouldn't be my kind of thing. I wouldn't like the possibility of random strangers trying to talk to me, or buy me a drink or whatever. If I was going to drink alone I'd just do it at home. I'm not a huge fan of bars to begin with.

Fighter86

I am not familiar with bars, I rarely go. But I have been to those 'bar & restaurant' types where they serve food and draft beer and see people just sitting there having a beer alone. Its rather common. I wouldn't mind doing it myself but food and drinks at these places are so expensive.

Earthcircle

Is it creepy if you just stand there in a corner of the bar with a beer and don't have anyone to talk to?

And then you coincidentally met some acquaintances there asking why you were all alone and you couldn't explain why?

I don't think there's anything wrong with going out for a drink alone, and if someone asks you about it they're probably offering to join you. On the other hand, whenever I've done it I have felt kind of awkward. I probably wouldn't do it again.