• It's gotten worse

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • It hasn't changed

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • I can't tell

Votes: 13 16.7%

• Total voters

Phoenixx

Actually I got it online from its retailer (Source Naturals) on Amazon.com. My mom heard about it while watching American Idol when one of the top contestants, who has Tourettes, was talking about how he wanted to take something natural to calm his nerves and found GABA Calm. My mom and I are all into that natural/organic stuff so it really got our attention and it really works! I felt so calm the first time I took it and now I'm actually able to be in large open areas where there are a lot of people without feeling overwhelmingly anxious.
^ I'm really into the whole organic/natural stuff too, as is my family. I'd like to buy this on my own, but unable to online since I don't have my own debit/credit card. I'm definitely gonna keep my eyes open for it though in the health food stores. Anyway that's awesome, glad it works! :)

upndwn

I have been in treatment and using meds for the better half of my 33 year old life. I only got my diagnosis for bipolar disorder four years ago, and although I've been diagnosed by four different psychiatrists it's still not verified. My SA only started to get better about eight years ago when I entered a job-training program for adults.

After a year of that I got a job at a kitchen and started my education to become a chef. I worked and went to school for three years finally landing a job as a daily manager for a local cafe. After a year and a half working there my bipolar disorder got really bad as a combination of personal problems and my meds starting to fail, I had to quit and went on a sick leave for a year until I went back to living on welfare.

My time working and going to school made me overcome most of my SA, but since I had to leave my last job I feel that it is gradually returning.

WeirdyMcGee

better since...when?
My overall anxiety has gotten worse in the last 3 years and the agoraphobia has gotten worse since the first time I went through a homebound period; but it's pretty much the same as it's been for 2 years at least.

I've tried a few different meds, natural remedies, diet changes, therapists, psychologists, lifestyle changes; but overall, it's been the same for quite awhile.

Kat

It’s gotten better but I have had it since I was like 4 I didn’t know what it was until I was 16. It hasn’t hindered me a lot in my life in terms of it stopping me from getting a job although it is very difficult some people won’t hire you just because you’re not confident. I haven’t felt the burden of it so much in other areas of my life because I’m not an outgoing person and it kind of nurtures that side of my personality.

GhoulsNightOut

The few months before my college graduation, I was making small improvements. After, it got worse...I think since I decided to cut off contact with 2 certain people I just don't really have any motivation to get better anymore.

mikebird

Banned
Never had SA

Just get rejected

Wish someone would eject me from a plane above the stratosphere with no parachoot

I'm not sure if I can really say that the anxieties are now less then they were before. They're pretty much there still. Caution, precaution and a certain amount of fear seems to be lodged very deeply into my personality.

But I have learned a lot in the field of dealing with it. The anxiety is still there for the most part, it just doesn't render me mute/home bound as much. A cloth cover around the cactus, if you will.

That's all ever aimed for anyway. So I'm glad with that. :3

Lonelykitsune

Its getting worse, familys starting to notice how little I leave my room. I don't even know where to start in getting better. But I have lots of big exams this year so it will have to wait.

Minty

Worse. :)

I've never been happier though. See, I stay in my house all day and avoid triggers. I'm not lonely because I live with my family still and they keep me company. But I have no exposure to my anxiety so...it's gotten a lot worse. I can't approach strangers at all. Can't even speak in class. But I'm so happy. Unfortunately, society says my life style is not okay and I have to change, blah blah. So I'm going to have to eventually.

Kiwong

Yes, it has improved a lot this year. Although I know I need to be vigilant, because my depression and anxiety fluctates in waves. There are high periods followed by very big crashes. I guess the next few months will be a big test, as my work is going through and uncertain phase.

Remus

Staff member
It got worse in my 20's and levelled off in my early 30's, improved in my late 30's

corvax

It definitely has. Some of it has to do with depression that plagued me from childhood finally lifting, some of it has to do with maturity, and some of it has to do with the fact that I removed myself from the situations that were causing me the most anxiety (quit my job and transferred colleges).

Dead_on_Arrival

the past couple of weeks have seen my mood, emotions and general being slidine down a slippery slope. Someone coated it with butter so I can't get back up.