Has anyone been hypnotized?

Septor

I'm not sure how much I believe in hypnosis.It just sounds to easy.Plus I was told be hypnotist,that I couldn't be hypnotize.boo:mad:

That being said it never hurts to try.

DanFC

My uncle, who is a psychiatrist, said hypnosis only works if you want it to (the power of suggestion), and even then to a limited extent.

Luke1993

Yes I was a couple of years ago. I felt great for about two days then it sorta wore off. I didn't go back though, cost £40 a session (About $60 US) money I did not have!

Septor

I'm not sure if this is true because I was told this a long time ago but when you get hypnotize they cant make you do something that you wouldn't do in real life.For instance kill some one

Make me wonder how affective hypnosis on thing like this are.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I got into lucid dreaming for a while, years back. I got pretty good at it, but eventually decided it would be healthier to let my dreams happen as they would without my control.

I did leave myself one thing though: the ability to fly, in any dream, in any situation. Just coz it's cool. :D

philly2bits

I got into lucid dreaming for a while, years back. I got pretty good at it, but eventually decided it would be healthier to let my dreams happen as they would without my control.

I did leave myself one thing though: the ability to fly, in any dream, in any situation. Just coz it's cool. :D

I have some lucid dreams every so often. The first thing I do when I know I'm dreaming is fly around, because like you said, it's cool. :cool:

I've a question for you guys who can lucid dream, meditate or visualize well. Have you ever thought of ways to fully use your abilities beyond just relaxation or enjoyment?

Euler (or was it Euclid), was able to 'see' entire pages of formulas and their workings in his mind after he was blind. Einstein had his thought experiments which are almost meditation (to me at least). Nikolai Tesla could visualize mechanical components in detail..... etc

My ambitions now aren't grand. But I do want to use these kind of things as relaxation tools and possibly help me improve my skills in various subjects.

bigrob

Hypnosis is something I've been studying, specifically conversational hypnosis.

I agree it only works if you (the subject) want it to. And there is no real "giving control" to the hypnotist or Scooby Doo moments. Alot of what people think is wrong. The majority is suggestion and the subject playing along.

In covert hypnosis suggestions are made in the context of the conversation with stress put on certain words. Ideally the subject doesn't consciously pick up on it but subconsciously does.

The best I have seen is Darren Brown. That guy is amazing.

Lost Girl

I'm very curious to see if hypnosis could work for SA sufferers. The other day my hubby saw an advert in the paper offering hypnosis for smokers to quit in just one session. He called them up and it costs just $350 for a lifetime guarantee. I'd be willing to pay that if it is guaranteed to work thats for shizzle. If it works to make people quit smoking, then why not for SA :/ I haven't heard of any treatments like that for SA round here though

Kat

I'm not sure if this is true because I was told this a long time ago but when you get hypnotize they cant make you do something that you wouldn't do in real life.For instance kill some one

Make me wonder how affective hypnosis on thing like this are.

I’m not very trusting and I have worried about this before. I, also remember seeing on the tv once some guy had stolen some items and hypnotized the cashier, he would’ve got away with it, had he remembered about the security cameras.

I, think in a way sa people do this to themselves already, and yeah I hope someone is brave enough to try it and tell us how it went. :)