Hai?

Api

I joined here in hopes of potentially making friends with people, or something.

I'm Api, which is pronounced much like happy. Happy Api~
I have severe social anxiety, which primarily presents itself in person more than online although sometimes online too, especially dealing with new people. Lately it's been worse, but still trying.

I'm also an aspie, which kind of only contributes to the issue since I don't always read the people around me very well. In general, this means I sometimes don't even realize I've done something that may upset someone unless you're very blunt about it. I try very hard not to bother anyone though.

It feels like a weird thing to say, but I'm also going to have my first child soon. Apparently I'm kind of high risk for postpartum depression, since I have such a difficult time making friends. Kind of why I'm here, which is fairly out of my comfort zone already. Her father isn't involved, so I spend most of my time either alone or with my sisters and mother.

I live on the east coast of the US, and I like to read and watch...things. My favorite book series is Xanth, by Piers Anthony, and my favorite shows are MLP: FIM and L&O: SVU. I don't really want to clarify what those are, because it sounds really weird in the same sentence. I sometimes knit, but not very well, and I like learning about wicca but don't practice any religion. I consider myself a furry, although fursuits are still a tiny bit creepy to me, no offense intended to those who like them.

I like people who talk a lot because I don't know what to say usually but I don't mind listening at all. The few online friends I already have are all gamers and majority in some variation of computer-based work so I don't mind if people talk a lot about those even if I don't understand some of it all of the time.

I feel like I wrote way too much here, but hopefully it helps in some way ^^; I talk mostly over instant messenger, but the only ones I have right now are skype and steam. I am going to try and talk here too though.

Feathers

Hi & welcome!

Make sure you eat enough magnesium-rich food, or maybe consider some supplements (research and maybe ask your dr. if that's okay) I read it can help prevent depression. It's good to have calcium and magnesium in a good balance though. Other minerals and vitamins can be important too... (like zinc, iron and copper...)

Take care & wishing you a lovely baby and may all go well!!

Api

Hi & welcome!

Make sure you eat enough magnesium-rich food, or maybe consider some supplements (research and maybe ask your dr. if that's okay) I read it can help prevent depression. It's good to have calcium and magnesium in a good balance though. Other minerals and vitamins can be important too... (like zinc, iron and copper...)

Take care & wishing you a lovely baby and may all go well!!

I actually have a history of depression, but it hasn't really come up nearly as much in more recent months. I've also been eating a lot healthier, and a lot more food with high magnesium in it, so that might be helping more then I realized. I actually didn't realize what that was for, but almonds also have a lot of iron in them so I've been eating a ton of them. Been trying to balance it all out, but iron was one of those things that one of my sisters happened to offhand mention "Oh, hey. You might bleed out if you don't have enough iron. So you know." so it freaked me out a little ^^;

Also thank you everyone else who's welcomed me ^^

Nanita

Hello.. What did you mean when you called this thread "hai"? that means yes in japanese :bigsmile:

LittleGloves

Hi Api welcome to the forum. Congrats on your first child!

I had to google what MLP: FIM is lol. Anyway I watch law and order svu too. I love Rollins!