Guys only: Are you more comfortable around women?

Guys: Are you more comfortable around women?

• Yes

Votes: 46 26.1%
  • No

Votes: 65 36.9%
  • It depends

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • No difference

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters

Section_31

I have a MUCH easier time talking to women, casually, if im NOT attracted to them.

If i AM attracted to them, i have a very hard time doing it.

With other men IRL, its nothing personal, i just find with guys i dont really have much to say. you obviously cant paint all people with the same brush, but alot of guys where I live are...very different in personality.

I just love being left alone most of the time.

StrandedTangle

I have always been more comfortable around females. I am told that I have a lot of feminine energy. I am not gay. Women do tend to open up to me and find me easy to talk to. When I had some friends, they were all female. This did not help me in romantic ways, as women related to me as if they were relating to another female. Around men I am like a fish out of water. I have no idea what to say or how to relate.

I've always had difficulty with eye-contact, and its worse with males.
I've always had difficulty "getting close" to people, and its worse with males.

Maybe its due to distrusting males more .. males are very literal, so you have to try very hard to not have them "mis-interpret" (judge) who you are .. females are more emotional, and see things more as they really are .. and [so] are more accepting of the true you.
But males are also easier to "get along with", due to saying exactly what they think, and not "reading between the lines" as much. That is, as a general rule:
Males SEE & SAY more literal, Females SEE & SAY more emotional
. . . . bad . good . . . . . . . . . . . . . . good . bad

Also, since i've never had a partner, maybe i'm "scared" of males, as i might not know who exactly I am sexuality-wise (scared that they might "rock the boat", in whatever way)

Paahi

It really depends. Most of the time I don't even consciously notice gender. I react to what vibe people give me. If they're relaxed, calm and polite, I'll reflect that to them, and also within myself.

If they're somehow negative towards me I'll pick up on that, and it'll make me nervous and awkward.

Thats how I feel too.

For me I think it depends on the person. If they are friendly and talkative then I will be encouraged to relax and talk more.

It's the same for myself. I have close friends of both sexes. It just depends on the friendliness of the person and rather or not they respect me.

davidburke

I am surprised that in most cases i am more comfortable around women although there is very little difference I am quiet uncomfortable with either ::p:

If they are family members or long-term friends, then I am ok.

If they are strangers, I get very uncomfortable around them, especially if I feel attracted to them.

SelfHater

From my professional work experience I hate talking to women. Just normal "talk about the weather" can get you a complaint about unwanted "sexual" advances and "he is only talking to me because I am pretty" when in fact I am talking about the same mundane things that I talk to men about. If these claims are improperly investigated I could get fired. I will not talk to women at work unless they talk to me first or it is required for me in order to do my job. However I do talk to some women at work freely because they are great interesting friendly people but initially they came to me first and started a light conversation.

Anyplace else in life it does not matter to me. I seek wise people with experience and knowledge regardless of any label or group they could be perceived to be in.

If anybody has trouble with talking to somebody of a certain sex, I would recommend group therapy sessions. It can be an eye opening experience and smash your perceived notions. Hope this was not too long winded for a simple question.

Last edited:

Bronson99

From my professional work experience I hate talking to women. Just normal "talk about the weather" can get you a complaint about unwanted "sexual" advances and "he is only talking to me because I am pretty" when in fact I am talking about the same mundane things that I talk to men about. If these claims are improperly investigated I could get fired. I will not talk to women at work unless they talk to me first or it is required for me in order to do my job. However I do talk to some women at work freely because they are great interesting friendly people but initially they came to me first and started a light conversation.

I'm taking away from this that a workplace must indeed be a very poor place to talk to women in general; it's something that should only be done outside of the workplace because of the commonality of workplace complaints.

Hopefully you haven't had repercussions from friendly banter with them in public spaces, though? AFAIK it's usually acceptable if it's a normal environment where socializing with strangers is a common occurrence.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
After a couple of incidents that happened recently, I'd say neither. Family or otherwise. With exception of my mother and the old, heavily inked Irish guy who owns the tattoo parlour in my local town.