Give up or keep trying?

EgoZero

So I'm getting to this crossroad now. Should I keep trying to get a normal happy life or should I give up and have a real no-life. As till now I always tried to improve myself, to keep on going, keep on making my life better and just keep on trying, but with time my effort proved to be worthless and now I've lost my hope in life and my future. I feel like I will never be able to live happy active life, never will achieve anything I want and all I see is just failures and suffering in the future. So maybe I should just simplify my life by screwing all my needs and wishes. Maybe I just shoul totally isolate from people and start playing MMO's and stuff. By this way life would be much simplier: I wouldn't need much money, so I could screw education and just get somekind of unsocial, low paying job and live my no-life.
What do you guys think?

lithium

Strive for success. I don't know, I'm kind of in your situation. I want to just say f-uck education and get some mediocre job, but maybe it will bite me in the ass in the future.

Lorraine Manca

i think about giving up a lot. i think i could handle being a maid at some hotel pretty well,but i dont think i could figure out the whole food stamp, welfare thing that goes along with giving up. good luck. whether you give up or keep trying, sometimes it just seems like your picking between two bad options. i know there must be a bright side, its just hard to see

Krista

Don't give up hope but take small steps to achieve what you want. It doesn't seem possible now but it could get there eventually. For instance I have not left my house except to go shopping for about a week. I feel like life has just stopped for me and I've really isolated myself off from people and my friends but I hate feeling like this. All I do is focus on the negative of how I'll never get what I truly want..but I won't if I don't try. I even talk to a really great guy who makes me feel happy about me and my situation and even if I know it can't go anywhere I'm not going to get bummed out about it because it makes me feel like if I can be this relaxed with someone, I could have a boyfriend. I just have to push myself. Just find something that makes you feel happy, no matter how small and let that lift your spirits a bit.

Why don't you just have a break from trying to improve yourself for now, and chill out. Then when you have regained your strength, go back to attempting to improve later on:)

206Raider

Yeah man, don't push yourself too hard. If you can't get better today then who cares, don't mope about it, I've been there and still definitly have my days like that but you can't beat yourself up about it, just think today is not my day and try again tommorow or the next day, you never know when something really great can happen when you least expect it. Like Krista said in her situation, I also am talking to a really cute and funny girl who makes me happy. Just take the little things in life that make you happen and don't worry about the rest. Good things will happen.

juju

you know what last night i was ready to self administer a generous serving of valium - woke up and things are much clearer. Long story short- just sit tight - things do get better

My Sandwich bit me!

Well there's two basic options. You can try, or you can give up. I don't know how much you have actually tried, but it's one of the most frustrating things in the world. It's just there's a big difference between actually trying and trying and trying endlessly, yet still ending up nowhere, and already claiming that there's nowhere to go so you're stuck there anyways.

EgoZero

Why don't you just have a break from trying to improve yourself for now, and chill out. Then when you have regained your strength, go back to attempting to improve later on:)
Well right now I'm not trying hard at all and I feel like I don't want to start again. I don't want to continue with trying. Maybe some just aren't supposed to do good at life. Like there are people who are good at math, but suck at arts and there are people who suck at math, but are great at arts. So what they do usually? They concentrate on the subject they are good at and continue to work with it, leaving the other subject behind. So maybe it's the same with life? Maybe I'm just not good enough at life and should choose isolating myself from it?

boro

well heres my 2 cents...I dont think you should give up but i also dont think you should be aiming for a 'normal happy life' as you put it. Why? Because i am assuming you, like me, have an abnormal unhappy life so you would always be comparing your current situation to some unreal future life making a huge gap between where you are now and where you aim to be which would mean in your mind you are constantly failing to get there. I would say you should never give up, just take small steps and definately redefine your long term goals to make them less vague and less perfect

DarkSeeker

If you were given the strength and power to be an unstoppable force would you embrace it without hesitation, or would you rather reject it and choose to sleep in a sweet and peaceful slumber for the next few eons?

ffeev223234

It is up to you Ego to decide whether or not you are worth what you consider yourself. If you had high expectations about your future in the past and are disappointed by the results, then quit and be a loser for the rest of your life. I know am in a terrible position being that I am handling on my own problems that are difficult; but, I have not allow those disablities to end my chances of continuing on the path that I desired to travel.

Last edited: