Give the worst possible description of a movie!

i'm gonna say that i haven't a clue what the bird one is.

and "war-weary veteran returns to find death at home" is such a common trope that you'll have to give another clue... maybe what war was it? or what town did the veteran come back home to?

GraybeardGhost

i'm gonna say that i haven't a clue what the bird one is.
One of the marvelous things about birds is that there are so many different kinds.

and "war-weary veteran returns to find death at home" is such a common trope that you'll have to give another clue... maybe what war was it? or what town did the veteran come back home to?

Be cool, Jack! Be like an iceberg, man. :cool:

That's only my opening move.

Last edited:
Three little birds fly away, away, and another one tumbles after. What's a mother hen to do?

^ Is it "Saving Private Ryan"?
Three out of four brothers are killed in the war, the mother gets the 3 death telegrams on the same day, so Private Ryan (who is fighting somewhere over in Normandy) is to be found and saved so that his mother does not lose the fourth son?

GraybeardGhost

^ I like the way you think, Blue, but that's not the one. It's not a war movie, though it does involve a journey and a quest.

I'm too tired and disheartened tonight to come up with a better clue. It's no picnic writing these things, you know.

^ I like the way you think, Blue, but that's not the one. It's not a war movie, though it does involve a journey and a quest.

I'm too tired and disheartened tonight to come up with a better clue. It's no picnic writing these things, you know.
^Sorry you are feeling disheartened right now, Graybeard. Hope you feel a bit better in morning.

(could you eventually let us know what era it was made in? given it could be anywhere from a time frame when they started movies with sound to the present day, it is a long time frame to guess from, lol)

GraybeardGhost

^Sorry you are feeling disheartened right now, Graybeard. Hope you feel a bit better in morning.
Thank you, dear Blue. :) Your kindness never fails to help me feel better.

(could you eventually let us know what era it was made in? given it could be anywhere from a time frame when they started movies with sound to the present day, it is a long time frame to guess from, lol)
Why so narrow a window? The era of talking pictures began in the late 1920s, but I'm perfectly happy to go all the way back to the Lumière brothers in 1895. Don't tempt me. :mad:

However, since you asked so nicely, I will tell you that this one is from the latter third of the twentieth century. Hope that helps.

sooo... 3 birds, not of a feather, and another comes following after... made somewheres between 1966 and 2000... "the jungle book"?

war-weary veteran... ummm... "rambo"? "walking tall"? "true grit"? "legends of the fall"?

GraybeardGhost

sooo... 3 birds, not of a feather, and another comes following after... made somewheres between 1966 and 2000... "the jungle book"?
Not Disney, not a cartoon, and no dancing bears, though you never know when one might drop in.

Who said anything about feathers or following? Mind how you rephrase the clues. The answer may be hanging on a single word or a slightly odd turn of phrase.

war-weary veteran... ummm... "rambo"? "walking tall"? "true grit"? "legends of the fall"?
Which of those is older than The Manchurian Candidate? :idontknow:

ETA: Take another look at the clues I've given. You may yet have a revelation.

Last edited:

GraybeardGhost

The Big Chase (1954) ?

or more likely

The Arizona Ranger (1948) ??

or maybe not..

I never even heard of either of those, so no. It's not a western, not a cops-and-robbers picture, and not in the least obscure. It is in fact an iconic and often parodied classic of its genre.

Country girl takes leading role with a hand or two from her father
Tall Story (1960)?

Last edited:
A war-weary veteran returns from overseas only to face death again closer to home.

This one's a little older (1962), and not much gets washed, brain- or otherwise

I never even heard of either of those, so no. It's not a western, not a cops-and-robbers picture, and not in the least obscure. It is in fact an iconic and often parodied classic of its genre

So far...........

plus

ETA: Take another look at the clues I've given. You may yet have a revelation.

Be cool, Jack! Be like an iceberg, man. :cool: That's only my opening move.

A father's daughter's love, once lost, but found,
A southern isle links to northern ground.
Go back a few, then forward more,
To find your goal upon a farther shore.​

Bon voyage! :greeting:

There once was a fellow named Blaine
Whose lover was lost in the rain.
That very same gent
Down to Florida went,
To become the first link in my chain.​

You've guessed the beginning, and now the next stop.
Now look for the name of a gal and her pop.
The lady will show you the best way to go
To sweeten your trip from subtropic to snow.
Then seek out a king or a bishop or two,
Find one other man, and your journey is through!
So dust off your compass, and follow the map.
Don't force me to come up with more of this crap!
:)

Last edited:
...and so far
Three little birds fly away, away, and another one tumbles after. What's a mother hen to do?

Not Disney, not a cartoon, and no dancing bears, though you never know when one might drop in.

Who said anything about feathers or following? Mind how you rephrase the clues. The answer may be hanging on a single word or a slightly odd turn of phrase.

this one is from the latter third of the twentieth century. Hope that helps.

It's not a war movie, though it does involve a journey and a quest. I'm too tired and disheartened tonight to come up with a better clue. It's no picnic writing these things, you know.

One of the marvelous things about birds is that there are so many different kinds.

Nope, this one's a little more earthy.

Sorry, guys, but you're both way off.
How precious they are, and not easily found,
For that which goes up doesn't always come down.

Last edited: