Getting older

hidingfromtheworld

Well, let me take the cake with the fact that im 41. lol Getting old is not fun because everything changes in your body..My skin feels more coarse and is blotchy,my hair is course,my looks are drastically different from youth and its very depressing. I say ,be happy that you are all in your late 20 s early 30 s . The older you get the harder it is in every way. I hate it. lol

206Raider

I don't want to live past 25 if my life isn't any better by then, if I'm still in the same boat as I am now at 21 then I know I won't get better. ever since 15 I feel like I've been living like a recluse and I'm tired of being a loser or a nobody. Maybe it's becuase I was quiet but popular in middle school and high school and I just don't know how to deal with being a nobody but since my friends have left and I haven't made any progress I know at 25 I will continue to get worse becuase by then I will feel guilt about haven't not done anything with my life. so yeah I'm saying if I still am I loser at 25 I'm quitting life, I got too much pride to be a damn housebound loser with nothing to look forward too. what scares me is reading about people on here (no offense) in there 40's and shit talking about haven't still not done anything with there life and I don't want to be that. Again no offense but by then I feel like you've missed out on the best years of your life

I don't want to live past 25 if my life isn't any better by then, if I'm still in the same boat as I am now at 21 then I know I won't get better. ever since 15 I feel like I've been living like a recluse and I'm tired of being a loser or a nobody. Maybe it's becuase I was quiet but popular in middle school and high school and I just don't know how to deal with being a nobody but since my friends have left and I haven't made any progress I know at 25 I will continue to get worse becuase by then I will feel guilt about haven't not done anything with my life. so yeah I'm saying if I still am I loser at 25 I'm quitting life, I got too much pride to be a damn housebound loser with nothing to look forward too. what scares me is reading about people on here (no offense) in there 40's and shit talking about haven't still not done anything with there life and I don't want to be that. Again no offense but by then I feel like you've missed out on the best years of your life

Check this out g. Hope it helps

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ

206Raider

thanks gio I had a bad day yesterday and today and if I can land this job interview this friday things will look up, I know I have to stop living in the moment becuase I know it drags you down. I got to keep looking at positive stuff like this and move on.

thanks zeroday, all credz go to the ppl who compiled it tho. When im feeling down sometimes i watch it and it helps.

Yea raider no prob man. I kno how u feel, like u jus wait for things to go wrong. In dat case theres really no point in living u kno, cuz u really arent. Jus take it one day at a time, and w/e happens, happens. Thas how i have to live mines now, cuz im tired of being like that. Jus take it for what it is g. But thas good man, hope u land d shit out that job.

lyricalliaisons

I don't feel that way. I sort-of wish I did, though. I still have hope for the future, though I don't know why. I hate getting older, the years just roll on & on & I just stay the same. I'll be 28 in 2 1/2 months-- something I'm not at all looking forward to. It's just so depressing.

A lot of people here seem younger than me, I'm 33. It may sound strange but I'm happy that life passes by so quickly. I can't wait till I'm 50 or 60, I don't care about life anymore. I can't believe that I used to feel so sad about getting older and "missing out" on life. Now I see it as coming closer to death, which is great. Life is like a movie or a bad joke, but it doesn't last very long. Does anyone else feel the same?

yeah sometimes i feel like that also - i'm 40. but i think therapy is helping, because it happens less often. i feel slightly more optimistic now. sorry, i know you probably don't want to hear that.

i remember at 18 dreading getting older. i thought people should just freeze at 18 and not age. the whole concept depressed me. i wanted to be in a band, but the idea of being in a band, and someday turning 40 and looking all worn out and old and still playing music would just make my stomach sink.

of course, that was crazy thinking. :)

Lorraine Manca

i want to be old, a wise old woman with long grey hair, the kind that sits on the porch and watches and rocks back in forth in a rocking chair.

people think they can treat you like crap when your the young person, like the go getter.

lyricalliaisons

i want to be old, a wise old woman with long grey hair, the kind that sits on the porch and watches and rocks back in forth in a rocking chair.

people think they can treat you like crap when your the young person, like the go getter.

I love the idea of being that kind of person, too. I just hope that my life improves enough so that that will be able to happen. It's a great thought :)

Moonie

Getting older scares me for a few reason. When I was young, I always had hope that I would change or have more confidence or be more fun or enjoy life some day. But the older I get, the more I realize that miraculous change won't occur.

It also stinks because when you are shy and younger it's kind of cute. But, I think when you are eerily shy and older, people just think you weird or snobby or slow.

I also don't want to lose my looks - as shallow as that sounds. I am not the best looking person. But, between my looks and personality, my looks get more attention. When they go, what's left?

There is a little bit of comfort with getting older, though. Even though I looked good at 21-23, I was immature and drank alot and was a bit neurotic. I think that I have grown up a bit. There are fewer drunken episodes, and few opportunities to put me in bad and/or embarrassing situation.

megalon

Same here... I feel exactly the same way, only I am much older at 41. I almost feel like I am in a state of panic over getting older because I want a girlfriend so much, but I lack any confidence and motivation to even consider asking out a lady. Actually I am scared beyond anything imaginable. I can seriously see myself dieing without knowing what it's like having a girl friend and all the romance that goes along with it. Just that very thought scares me too, because I want to experience everything that life has to offer, but the fear in me keeps me from doing anything about it. To say that I am frustrated and sad is an understatement.

I feel exactly the same way regarding a girlfriend, but I'm only 22.

Flimsyman

A lot of people here seem younger than me, I'm 33. It may sound strange but I'm happy that life passes by so quickly. I can't wait till I'm 50 or 60, I don't care about life anymore. I can't believe that I used to feel so sad about getting older and "missing out" on life. Now I see it as coming closer to death, which is great. Life is like a movie or a bad joke, but it doesn't last very long. Does anyone else feel the same?

I feel exactly the same. I am anxious to die!! The problem is that if I kill myself people will say that I am a coward, and it would make a few people happy, and I couldn´t cope with that in the afterlife, so yes, I will stick around wasting my time and sleeping as much as possible. When I was a Kid I saw death as something terrible and I couldn´t sleep at night thinking about it. Now I see death as a blessing and it is the only thing that helps me sleep at night. It´s a pity, because there is a lot of useful people (not like me) dying of cancer, and they would give anything to stick around a bit more and I would like very much to be in their place.

workout

Same here, I'm 30 now and I'm glad I'm getting older. I want to see what's on the other side of the great illusion - Maya - and enter the afterlife as soon as possible. I know it will be good if I died a natural death and torture if I ended life abruptly. Till then, I'll just wait and maybe meditate or pray for a speedy passage.

brokenfingers04

Cool vid gio put up but I can't help feelin sad, angry and hopeless when I learn things like that so late.
I was taught next to nothng growin up. Feelings do fade away with time though. Soon enough so will the SA.
I turn 23 next month and feel like if i dont do something more with myself i'll go crazy or somethin

Last edited: