Gamers thread

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?

Apparently this game is developed by some of the creators of WoW and is a relaxed MMo. Looks like something akin to the "Animal crossing" genre.

I don't know how I feel tho I'd like to try it (already registered to the alpha) because playing something chill can be nice for a change, as well as the housing stuff, but at the same time the "Social" aspect makes me feel...uncomfortable.

If you guys ever play this game, we could make a nice neighborhood where we hiss at social people 🤣 I'm joking, tho the neighbor concept ain't a bad idea 🤔😁
I'd probably give it a shot although like Wow, I prefer to talk/ chat over txt rather than discord - which would probably be fine with this type of game, whereas if you're raiding in Wow you generally need to use discord

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Lately I've been watching for Nintendo sales to buy some games on my wishlist, even though I'm not even playing anything right now. (I'm basically just building my roster for fall/winter lol) So far I've purchased Ni No Kuni and Mario + Rabbids with all DLC (this was a steal on the eShop, marked down to only $15 or so when it was originally listed at $80! 😳). Now tonight I see Target is also running sales and has Pikmin 3 listed for $30. I'm debating on getting that too, since that's the lowest price I've seen since it released. 🤔

Phoenixx

I couldn't resist and dove into Mario + Rabbids. I am having a lot of fun with it! I absolutely love the tactical battle style of this game, although I am finding the playthrough fairly easy thus far. Rabbids aren't the smartest of creatures and I do like how that's shown in the battle style sometimes too. I was in a mid-boss battle and set up Mario close enough to the mid-boss and dealt damage to a Basher. Bashers can't resist coming over to fight back, so when it reached Mario to smack him, it managed to get him and the mid-boss, dealing enough damage to kill it and end the battle. 😆 *pats self on back for some quick thinking* The little cutscenes with the rabbids make me laugh too, Rabbid Peach being my favorite character so far. 😄

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I really cant wait to try that one!! But i still don't understand, what is the pvp about, 1vs4? :unsure:
Not entirely sure, but I'm guessing it would be you and up to 4 of your friends on the same team defending the log cabin versus those players that choose to be evil?

This game looks to be pretty polished actually. I only wish half the new games out there had the same polish.

F0AM

1624484952284.png

LMAO ☝️ that person posted that on their twitter (Evil dead game) and i'm like: WHY? LOLthe game is not even released and you already know is worse??

These Fanboys be like:

👩‍👧‍👦: Look, these are my children, say hi to...
🙅‍♂️: OK BUT FRIDAY THE 13TH IS BETTER!!
👩‍👧‍👦: i...im very sorry, what?
🙅‍♂️: BLOOD MUST BE SPILLED!!!

👨‍⚕️: Mithocondrion are essential to our organism, since they produce energy for the ce...
🙅‍♀️🙅‍♂️: ok BUT did they protagonize twelve slasher movies!!!??
👨‍⚕️: errr no? n-no, i don't think..
🙅‍♂️🙅‍♀️: Yeah as we thought, losers!

Last edited:

F0AM

Not entirely sure, but I'm guessing it would be you and up to 4 of your friends on the same team defending the log cabin versus those players that choose to be evil?

This game looks to be pretty polished actually. I only wish half the new games out there had the same polish.
1624492977766.png

Sounds as if the 5th player was the Kanadarian demon and could control other creatures. I'd prefer if the bad guys were more than one person tho.

Also, i've seen many people complaining about the game not being a single player horror game with a campaign. I must admit that i've been always more of a "single player" kind, but i've been enjoying some multiplayer games too and they have their charm, even if you dont have a group of friends.

Playing with nice people (random or friends) is fantastic, teamwork satisfaction is something you won't experience the same way while playing with (or against) npcs.

Personally i like when games give you the option to play alone or with other ppl. It's true tho that some games work better in multiplayer while others in single. For example, i love Dead by daylight, but is a very simple game:

- 4 players are survivors: They must activate 5 generators and escape before the killer finds and kills them.
- 1 player is the killer: Must track and kill the survivor before they escape

☝️ Single-player would be soporific, what makes it replayable is the randomness of human behavior (as well as each killer's playstyle), each match is different.

To me the real problem with multiplayer is toxic ppl, ragers, cheaters, hackers, etc...But that's on the human side, not the game itself. The same way nice people can make the experience x100 times better.

And obviously there are times when you just want to be alone and enjoy a good game by yourself. As an introvert i know the feeling haha 😂

I'd probably give it a shot although like Wow, I prefer to talk/ chat over txt rather than discord - which would probably be fine with this type of game, whereas if you're raiding in Wow you generally need to use discord
I prefer text too, unless i'm extremely comfortable with those i will be talking to on dicord. I haven't raid much in wow due to me avoiding voice chats 😅 In fact i was more into end game in Final Fantasy XIV, it's community is extremely friendly and i felt so good that i was able to face that fear and not only speak, but speak in english (which is not my first language) with people from europe (german, french, norwegian, etc).

I was able to do it before in SWTOR with an american guild i had (wanted to try EEUU servers since i was sick of spanish ppl after wow). Their leader invited me beacuse he thought i was a very good healer 😳. One day they were forming a group for a raid and needed one so they proposed me to accompany them, and i was like: fuck it, they're nice so im gonna download teamspeak. I was very proud because i had 2 things against me:

1 My social anxiety/phobia and ApD, which were pretty strong back then.

2 Language, i was scared of not being able to understand them (was the only non english-speaker, well i speak it, but you know what i mean) whether because of my listening skill or their microphone quality (sometimes i dont understand spanish ppl lol). To my surprise i understood everything (except for one of them which in fact was the one i used to play more with lol, we were always fooling around) and they were all great. I remember one of the tanks being a woman whose husband was a dps, and was scared because it was her first time tanking a raid, and i was like: SPEAKING OF BEING SCARED, IM SHAKING, WHAT IF I DONT UNDERSTAND AND WE DIE TO A MECHANIC??? 😨

In the end it turned out to be a VERY good experience ^^

On the other hand, i returned to wow for Shadowbringers and had to play on english servers, just logging in a couple of minutes in a spanish one: trade chat = Homophobic, transphobic and misogenous commentaries. They disgust me. I speak of wow spanish community in general (there are exceptions).

PS: The quality of a multiplayer game is determined by its ppl (to an extent).

Sorry for the long post :p

F0AM

On the other hand, i returned to wow for Shadowbringers
unnamed-1-740x416.png
Shadowlands_Logo.png

tenor.gif

In my defense i'll say i've played both 🙃

1624528715280.png

XDDDD

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I couldn't resist and dove into Mario + Rabbids. I am having a lot of fun with it! I absolutely love the tactical battle style of this game, although I am finding the playthrough fairly easy thus far. Rabbids aren't the smartest of creatures and I do like how that's shown in the battle style sometimes too. I was in a mid-boss battle and set up Mario close enough to the mid-boss and dealt damage to a Basher. Bashers can't resist coming over to fight back, so when it reached Mario to smack him, it managed to get him and the mid-boss, dealing enough damage to kill it and end the battle. 😆 *pats self on back for some quick thinking* The little cutscenes with the rabbids make me laugh too, Rabbid Peach being my favorite character so far. 😄

There's some post game stages where the difficulty jumps up fairly easy to extremely challenging very fast, don't you worry :p