Gamers thread

Phoenixx

I'm pretty excited about this. I skipped basically everything after Wii/GBA until the Switch, so I missed a lot of games. Porting the fourth generation will give me a chance to experience it for the first time which will be awesome! (I hope) And that prequel game looks like a new take on the series, which could be a really nice change of pace.

Also pretty excited for the port of LoZ Skyward sword which I missed out for the same reason. I played through Link's awakening which was great on the switch, hopefully the Skyward Sword port holds up as well.

And New Pokemon Snap is hitting me in all the nostalgia spots 🤩 I'm pretty sure the first one on the N64 was my first video game ever, so a remake is exciting me greatly. And I'm hoping I can the GF to play it with me too. I've already got her hooked in Animal Crossing, so I figure I figure a cute photography game is a natural next step.

Some good games on the switch to look forward the coming year though, woo!
Gen 4 is my second favorite Pokemon series, right behind Gen 2 being my #1 favorite. I hope this is a true port of those two games, with the perks of Platinum worked in there as well. I really, really hope they don't simplify it. Champion Cynthia is a tough one to beat and I loved her challenge back when I played Platinum. I am ready to get my butt kicked again in HD! :LOL:

Honestly I have been pretty disappointed thus far with how Nintendo is treating Zelda's 35th birthday. Like a lot of fans, I was seriously hoping for a similar treatment to what they did for Mario, with a combo port of 3 popular Zelda games, preferably Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. Alas, I feel that's a pipe dream. I hope they make up for it with some updates on, and a possible release date for, BOTW 2!

I think it's funny, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really care about Skyward Sword or Snap coming to Switch. I never played Skyward Sword, but I remember not being too impressed by the gameplay videos then and still don't care much now. Not sure if I'll bother giving it a try. I know I'm pretty loyal to the Zelda series as a whole, but there were some games I passed up on and/or didn't like -- Skyward Sword being one of them. As for Snap, I never really got into Pokemon Snap on the N64. It's neat, I don't hate it. But I don't love it either. It's always been kinda "meh" for me. Since it comes out on my birthday this year, a part of me feels like I need to buy it. Just because it's my birthday and it's Pokemon. 😜 I think I'll watch the gameplay for this when it comes out to make up my mind whether I want to try it or pass. Even better if Nintendo decides to release a demo.

F0AM

Gen 4 is my second favorite Pokemon series, right behind Gen 2 being my #1 favorite. I hope this is a true port of those two games, with the perks of Platinum worked in there as well. I really, really hope they don't simplify it. Champion Cynthia is a tough one to beat and I loved her challenge back when I played Platinum. I am ready to get my butt kicked again in HD! :LOL:

Honestly I have been pretty disappointed thus far with how Nintendo is treating Zelda's 35th birthday. Like a lot of fans, I was seriously hoping for a similar treatment to what they did for Mario, with a combo port of 3 popular Zelda games, preferably Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. Alas, I feel that's a pipe dream. I hope they make up for it with some updates on, and a possible release date for, BOTW 2!

I think it's funny, I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't really care about Skyward Sword or Snap coming to Switch. I never played Skyward Sword, but I remember not being too impressed by the gameplay videos then and still don't care much now. Not sure if I'll bother giving it a try. I know I'm pretty loyal to the Zelda series as a whole, but there were some games I passed up on and/or didn't like -- Skyward Sword being one of them. As for Snap, I never really got into Pokemon Snap on the N64. It's neat, I don't hate it. But I don't love it either. It's always been kinda "meh" for me. Since it comes out on my birthday this year, a part of me feels like I need to buy it. Just because it's my birthday and it's Pokemon. 😜 I think I'll watch the gameplay for this when it comes out to make up my mind whether I want to try it or pass. Even better if Nintendo decides to release a demo.
I think Skyward sword was pretty decent! Using body movement to controll Link was a neat change to the series. I was skeptical at first but ey, I liked it.

My favourites tho are Ocarina and twilight princess :)

Haven't played BoTW, but looks great (I don't own a switch and I'm fine being a PC user for now :p)

LoyalXenite

I quite enjoyed Skyward Sword, its worth giving it a go imo. The idea of a Zelda combo would be great

Pokemon Snap on the other hand, I am SO PUMPED for it to come out. I adored (and still own) the N64 version. I loved playing it (is it any wonder my dream career is wildlife photographer) and I've preordered the new one

Phoenixx

I think Skyward sword was pretty decent! Using body movement to controll Link was a neat change to the series. I was skeptical at first but ey, I liked it.

My favourites tho are Ocarina and twilight princess :)

Haven't played BoTW, but looks great (I don't own a switch and I'm fine being a PC user for now :p)
Nice! I have heard that the storyline for Skyward Sword, regardless of gameplay, is quite prominent to the overall Zelda story and timeline. It's definitely something I should look into.

Twilight Princess! I forgot about that one. I always wanted to play it, but never got a chance to. I definitely would be interested in a port of that to the Switch as well. Probably won't happen, but I can dream!
I quite enjoyed Skyward Sword, its worth giving it a go imo. The idea of a Zelda combo would be great

Pokemon Snap on the other hand, I am SO PUMPED for it to come out. I adored (and still own) the N64 version. I loved playing it (is it any wonder my dream career is wildlife photographer) and I've preordered the new one
Nice! I think I'm gonna wait for its release and watch some Switch gameplay on Youtube to fully decide whether to give it a go or not. I mean, I absolutely loved how Link's Awakening looked, but regardless I still never bought it. :LOL: One of these days I'm sure I'll dive into it.

Even though Pokemon Snap was "meh" for me back then, I'm sure I'll give this remake a go someday too. I'm not writing it off entirely, and I'll definitely try it if they release a demo. I want to feel as pumped as everyone else does about it, but I just don't. 🤷‍♀️ I'm always open to a change of opinion though.

Phoenixx

Biomutant is a game I've had my eye on for over a year now. Not much had been said about it since this game was teased at an E3 event (if I'm remembering correctly?) a couple years back or more, and I noticed it's release date kept getting pushed back. Even I questioned whether no news was good news or if it was even going to happen. But I'm glad to see it finally got a release date! Gameplay looks beautiful as well! I haven't fully decided if I'll be pre-ordering or not as life gets far too busy during late spring/summer and getting deeply involved in a new game is the last thing I need. 😆 Might end up pushing this back towards fall/winter time for myself.

Phoenixx

I started playing Animal Crossing again this week. Part of the reason I stopped playing 9+ months ago was because the hype made me tired of it and I honestly started hating the look of my island. But because I made a lot of progress and had some sentimental gifts from friends on my save file, I really didn't want to erase it -- plus before I put it down I had about 2.5 million bells saved from insect hoarding and selling to Flick and I played some of the stalk market and got lucky selling some turnips. So I've been working on completely revamping my island. Going with a natural theme this time rather than a village/town theme like I had last time. So far it's looking much better and I'm feeling pretty good about it. 🙂

MollyBeGood

I started playing Animal Crossing again this week. Part of the reason I stopped playing 9+ months ago was because the hype made me tired of it and I honestly started hating the look of my island. But because I made a lot of progress and had some sentimental gifts from friends on my save file, I really didn't want to erase it -- plus before I put it down I had about 2.5 million bells saved from insect hoarding and selling to Flick and I played some of the stalk market and got lucky selling some turnips. So I've been working on completely revamping my island. Going with a natural theme this time rather than a village/town theme like I had last time. So far it's looking much better and I'm feeling pretty good about it. 🙂
I started playing the app version of this and I am super addicted! Nintendo is so good at *cute* I find myself saying “aww how cute!” so many times 😆 I just wish I could afford new hair haha

Phoenixx

I started playing the app version of this and I am super addicted! Nintendo is so good at *cute* I find myself saying “aww how cute!” so many times 😆 I just wish I could afford new hair haha
I played Pocket Camp for a while prior to the release of New Horizons. It was a pretty cute mobile version, albeit repetitive after a while like most mobile games. What's nice though is that it is linkable to New Horizons which unlocks special items in the Nook kiosk on there.

MollyBeGood

I played Pocket Camp for a while prior to the release of New Horizons. It was a pretty cute mobile version, albeit repetitive after a while like most mobile games. What's nice though is that it is linkable to New Horizons which unlocks special items in the Nook kiosk
I played Pocket Camp for a while prior to the release of New Horizons. It was a pretty cute mobile version, albeit repetitive after a while like most mobile games. What's nice though is that it is linkable to New Horizons which unlocks special items in the Nook kiosk on there.
What do you play that on?

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Pocket Camp is a mobile version of Animal Crossing for phones. Is that what you're playing or is there another mobile Animal Crossing game? It's been a while since I've played so I'm not sure what Nintendo's been up to on the mobile end of things. 🤔
Hi yeah it’s Animal Crossing Pocket Camp for mobile phone :)

LoyalXenite

I've just started coming back to it too, I left for very much the same reasons, but I've come back and am trying to do a redesign of my island again too. Once Im finished you're welcome to visit it again if you're still playing by the time I actually complete it 😅

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Dang you guys I am just starting to get hit with the Animal Crossing fatigue and finding myself playing less 😭

I did play through the original Fire Emblem game which was recently translated and released here (for a limited time) and I have to say, relative to the time, it was better than Three Houses on the switch. So many of the main features were established in the first game and for a 30 year old game, it was fun to go through. I actually beat it, which is something I can't say for the first Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy, both of which I've picked up and eventually put back down (and may eventually pick up again for the sake of completionism :p) It did have a mechanic a lot of older games are including, which is a rewind feature, which makes them much easier to play through.

It was simple, had all the basic game mechanics which makes a tactical RPG fun, and was never a drag or overly confusing and convoluted. You couldn't switch items or weapons easily which was the only real downside, and more hardcore gamers would have liked a hard mode I reckon as getting through without focusing on stats was easy enough, but still glad I paid the $7 for it :D

It oddly more disappointed me with Three Houses. I look at a game series like Legend of Zelda which has grown and improved with every entry in its series, whereas Fire Emblem doesn't feel as different as it should for a game with...*Googles*...17 games in the series. Obviously if you have a good core game mechanic, like Pokemon for example, you don't change that much from game to game, although I could make similar gripes about Sword and Shield I guess.

Regardless, I like all the games :p