Gamers thread

MrJones

:eek::eek:
Do want!!
I'm still playing Napoleon Total War but uni doesn't give me enough time to play!
And in case I got bored of it (I tend to prefer sword/bow kind of war games) I still have the original Rome with Barbarian Invasion. I still remember when I bought the Gold Edition of the game, I was so happy haha and played for months XD I still have my savedgames, might come back someday soon if I have time.

Anyway Rome 2 looks totally awesome :D

O'Killian

I played the hell out of it around release, but then Borderlands 2 came out and half my group dissolved, then the rest trickled out as the end-game content didn't do it for them. Then XCOM came out and ehehe...

Now that that's out of my system, I might pick it back up for a while. Lord knows I've got enough alts and zones I haven't even touched.

O'Killian

Just an fyi for anybody else who doesn't yet have it, Left 4 Dead 2 is having a free weekend on Steam (and by 'weekend' they mean 'also includes Thursday for some reason'). It's also 75% off for the duration.

truffleshuffle

That's why you don't buy consoles.

I have had it along time it was just wearing out I think. It lasted a good 4 to 5 years. Its not much of a gaming loss though I sold my games a few months back that I had and only kept bf3. I used it mostly for the blue ray player.will miss talking to the few online frineds I have though on it.

All systems have their qualities I think. I have a Wii, PS3, X360 and a game worthy PC, and I play games on them pretty much equally.

I like choice and being able to play just about any exclusive. Things like Conker: Live and Reloaded or God of War just won't come to PC, unfortunately.

Though, I do agree that I would much rather have one single beast of a gaming system (preferably a PC (because of flexibility)) and have every single game available to it.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I liked Dishonored. Finished it in a couple of days. Only thing I didn't like about it was that it was too short.
Oh, and now I wish that every game had blink. -_-

I know right... My 360 died on me a few months ago, now I can't play Halo 4 when it comes out. Damn console exclusives. ¬¬

I played a bunch of Resident Evil 6 last weekend, because my cousin had bought the game for the 360. I was a little worried that I wouldn't enjoy it, considering Resident Evil 5 was pretty bad, but I was excited to have Leon, Sherry, Ada and all that. I played all of Leon's and Jake's campaign and I had a blast, played some of Chris's and will finish it this weekend. Mercenaries is a lot more fun and fluid and less annoying compared to RE5's mercenaries.

Any fans of Resident Evil? And please god no, not the movies.

JuiceB

All systems have their qualities I think. I have a Wii, PS3, X360 and a game worthy PC, and I play games on them pretty much equally.

I like choice and being able to play just about any exclusive. Things like Conker: Live and Reloaded or God of War just won't come to PC, unfortunately.

Though, I do agree that I would much rather have one single beast of a gaming system (preferably a PC (because of flexibility)) and have every single game available to it.
I agree. I think consoles have their place in the market. The only one I'm not a big fan of is the Wii. Of course when it comes to genres like FPS, the PC rules all.

I want to get back into PC gaming and I've been eyeing (it that right) one of Asus's ROG boards but I need to take care of some priorites first.

JackOfSpades

I'm looking forward to GTA V but with reservations. Which is sad because Vice City and San Andreas were day one purchases for me. I didnt have a 360 when IV came out and once I played it I was super disappointmented in Rockstar. I hope they tone down the preachy-ness of IV and bring in a more likeable main character. Playing Niko was like being a homeless bore. It just wasnt fun.

xDreamseller

GTA V got it's date confirmed to be next spring, can't wait.

Sure Niko wasn't a fun character, but I don't play GTA for the story anyway, haha. I mainly just like the driving in GTA, I much prefer it to any actual racing game...I dunno GTA just has a certain feel to it's driving that is awesome. Plus, cop chases. I have sat and spent a good 2-3 hours in 1 massive cop chase, going all over the map, all started because I didn't like the service at a hot dog vendor. Many hundreds dead, dozens of cars wrecked, all for nothing. Great :)