Gamers thread

Borderlands 2, what fun! Even better than the first one.

What system are you playing on? I'm most likely going to download a copy on steam this weekend. I loved the first game, 2nd looks a bit of the same, which is a little annoying, but still looks like a load of fun.

Are you playing solo? I want to try it out (never played the first). I heard the first one was much better if played cooperatively…of course that doesn’t mean it’s a bad game if played solo, but it detracted me from trying it out – hence my question: Is Borderlands 2 worth playing solo?

I'm probably going to play with my younger brother. The multiplayer aspect isn't much different from singleplayer, enemies are just harder to kill in multiplayer. I did play Borderlands 1 singleplayer and it was fantastic. Are you planning on getting it?

HappySquidward

I'm really looking forward to buying borderlands 2. The first was one of my favorite shooters, because it combined FPS with some RPG. I haven't played 2 yet, but if it's as good as the first than you checked it out even if you only play solo like me. The only problem with solo is the lack of story and it can feel a bit repetitive after you beat the game.

I'm really looking forward to buying borderlands 2. The first was one of my favorite shooters, because it combined FPS with some RPG. I haven't played 2 yet, but if it's as good as the first than you checked it out even if you only play solo like me. The only problem with solo is the lack of story and it can feel a bit repetitive after you beat the game.

The 2nd one actually introduces a story this time around. You getting it for a console or for PC?

HappySquidward

The 2nd one actually introduces a story this time around. You getting it for a console or for PC?

If I do get Borderlands it will be for the PS3. Now about the story. I have seen footage of the returning characters from the last game, so that alone should be pretty interesting. I hope the ending is not as predictable as the first. Even if the story is uninteresting the jokes will keep me going.

megalon

I'm about 80 hrs into borderlands 2. Haven't even finished the first playthrough yet. There's so much to do, it's overwhelming. It's improved from the first one in pretty much every way, and I spent more than 250 hrs on the first one. The story is probably the biggest improvement. You actually feel for the characters now. I don't want to spoil anything but there were some moments in the story that I was on the verge of crying. I haven't made it to the end yet but the story is anything but predictable.

Valhalla

I have created a powerful Germanian Empire in Rome Total War, several rebellions have broken out, mostly in Spain and Italy. Rome is surrounded, but the most severe threat is from the East. The Macedonians are plenty in numbers and are near impossible to defeat. My plan is to make a breakthrough in Illyria and strike at the Greek heartland. Britannia is exterminated, so an army is relieved from there and making it's way across Europe to reinforce the vulnerable Germanian homeland. Since Germania is not a strong naval faction, I do not have Mare Nostrum, so I better keep an eye out for any invasions from the sea.

Last edited:

MrJones

I have created a powerful Germanian Empire in Rome Total War, several rebellions have broken out, mostly in Spain and Italy. Rome is surrounded, but the most severe threat is from the East. The Macedonians are plenty in numbers and are near impossible to defeat. My plan is to make a breakthrough in Illyria and strike at the Greek heartland. Britannia is exterminated, so an army is relieved from there and making it's way across Europe to reinforce the vulnerable Germanian homeland. Since Germania is not a strong naval faction, I do not have Mare Nostrum, so I better keep an eye out for any invasions from the sea.
I looooooooved Rome Total War, one of my favourite games of all time without a doubt. I think I only started playing with the germans but didn't play too much because I played with the Gauls a lot and they had a lot of similarities, especially in the beginning, so I got tired of it. I'm sure I will come back to it one day or another haha

Just yesterday I started playing Napoleon Total War, I stopped playing long time ago because I had problems with my computer but I forgot to play again after I fixed it XD

Nowascki

A lot of total war fans, great :)

I'm playing Napoleon now, with GB. I passed the two first years building my industry and researching technologies. Unfortunately Napoleon conquered a big part of Europe meanwhile ::p:

So I first landed on Spain and destroyed them and after that I finally begin to take territories from France. The original France is mine, including Paris. The battle is ugly now, a lot of armies for both sides, half of the Europe for both empires.

JackOfSpades

I bought a Total War pack off Steam during the Summer sale and havent gotten around to them yet. Trying to get a Strategy fix and really hoping a Civilization VI comes around soon, because V didn't do it for me.
Was looking forward to Omerta for that Tropico vibe, but that's been pushed into 2013 now.

megalon

Got a little ways into Dishonored. So far so good. It's like if Bioshock and Assassin's Creed had a baby, it would be Dishonored.

coyote

has anyone played "Risen 2"?

i like pirates, but i don't want to spend sixty bucks if it's a dog

JackOfSpades

I was torn between picking up Dishonored or Xcom so wound up not getting either yet lol. I'm interested in Dishonored mostly for it having one of the old Deus Ex guys on its team. And I love me some Deus Ex.

Does Dishonored feel "adult"? I worry that it looks cartoon sometimes, but I haven't played it to really know.

Remus

Staff member
I was torn between picking up Dishonored or Xcom so wound up not getting either yet lol. I'm interested in Dishonored mostly for it having one of the old Deus Ex guys on its team. And I love me some Deus Ex.

Does Dishonored feel "adult"? I worry that it looks cartoon sometimes, but I haven't played it to really know.

They are both good yes. ::p:

Dishonoured is very adult and somewhat dark and creepy.

HiddenErin

Got a little ways into Dishonored. So far so good. It's like if Bioshock and Assassin's Creed had a baby, it would be Dishonored.

I totally agree, it has the feel of bioshock, probably because of the historic time frame in culture and clothes and it handles a lot like assassins, especially the stealth element. I've been playing it as well, very enjoyable. Good story line, and that art style is so fitting for a plague world.