Frustrated :/

awk711

Everyone I know is in a serious relationship, getting married, or starting a family and I' m just here saying "I love my dog."

Ugh it's so frustrating. Sometimes I believe I'm not going to find anyone.

What's wrong with me? Why am I so ugly? It's really not fair. I just want someone who will love me for me. Is that to much to ask for?

DeadmanWalking

You'll find someone:). Maybe it's just not time yet. Wouldn't you rather wait for one great relationship than go through several nightmarish ones? Just give it time. There's no "right" or "standard" time for someone to enter a relationship. You're not ugly, okay? Believe in that and show yourself off to the world. If you see someone you like, approach them because, sometimes, you have to go to them instead of them coming to you.

kristina303

I have felt that way for 4 years and just a few days ago I went on a date. You'll find someone. It just takes time.

MikeyC

This is the time to get proactive about finding someone. Sounds like you're quite lonely so maybe hit up some dating sites and see what you can do.

There's no time limit to finding partners. There's no magic elixir to get them running to you, either. Sometimes it just happens.

MNM322

I feel the same way sometimes but at 30 years old, I am more set in my ways and picky. I am almost sure I'll never know what its like to go on a date or have a boyfriend etc and sometimes it depresses the crap outta me but then I think, would it really be worth "settling" just to fit in? No. At least not for me
I love animals more than people so for me, my dogs are literally my world. Without them, I'd be lost...
It took me THIRTY!!! years to find 1 single person I truly felt completely peace/happiness/trust with and I could be myself and they seemed like they were everything I had hoped for in a mate/best friend but now we don't even talk... and its hasn't even been 6 months. So I officially gave up now. I refuse to settle so I just have to accept some of us are not meant to be with others... sadly you may be one of them too, but hopefully we can find another purpose in life to be proud of ya know?

xylo

Banned
I know how you feel awk711. I've been there MANY times!!!

Something that seems to work for me is to try to make peace with the idea of never finding a partner, then if one does come along I'll see it as a bonus.

I don't see any reason why a person can't live a happy and fulfilling life whilst remaining single throughout it. There's plenty in life to enjoy. :)

Chess

My cat loves me, and doesn't have other humans on the side like my last boyfriend she sneaks off to if I'm not in the mood to cuddle. I consider animal companions a pretty sweet deal.

Section_31

ok.....wow, i feel like im walking into a valley of spears lol

At the risk of sounding like "that taken person" who says "your turns coming bla bla bla"....well, i actually wanted to agree with you, or per se offer a diff perspective.....

Be careful what you wish for. Before you know it, that totally hottie you were nervous to talk to will be wearing a ring on her hand you gave her and her rents will be pushing the babymaking conversations enough to drive you nuts!. And it happens SO FAST.

Take it slow, enjoy every second :). And...dont hit me, you WILL find someone. If the desire is there, and the 7 billion + people in the planet are here, im positive you will!.

vitalis

I feel the same way sometimes but at 30 years old, I am more set in my ways and picky. I am almost sure I'll never know what its like to go on a date or have a boyfriend etc and sometimes it depresses the crap outta me but then I think, would it really be worth "settling" just to fit in? No. At least not for me
I love animals more than people so for me, my dogs are literally my world. Without them, I'd be lost...
It took me THIRTY!!! years to find 1 single person I truly felt completely peace/happiness/trust with and I could be myself and they seemed like they were everything I had hoped for in a mate/best friend but now we don't even talk... and its hasn't even been 6 months. So I officially gave up now. I refuse to settle so I just have to accept some of us are not meant to be with others... sadly you may be one of them too, but hopefully we can find another purpose in life to be proud of ya know?

Well, I'm not a fan of giving up, but I think the point is in not letting yourself get obsessed by it. I'm 25 and tend to feel much as you do (no pets though, but I think they can be useful in overcoming our loneliness at a certain point), but in the end as you say the point is in trying to find other ways to live life and feel good apart from that. Being obsessed does not good because it doesn't allow you to focus your thoughts on other useful things. Plus, reality is that no one is going to rescue you from hell, so you grew up and if you're mature enough you simply prioritize.

Anyway, life is unexpected, and you never know when your luck is going to change. Sometimes life gets steady with no things happening during years, and in a few weeks you may get a complete turn of the events that changes minor or major things in your life. The key here is in being ready for when these times come so you can take advantage of them as much as possible.

LazyHermitCrab

Are you sure about "everyone?" Everyone I know isn't in a relationship. Many are but not all so it may seem like everyone when it's not :p

Fighter86

Everyone I know is in a serious relationship, getting married, or starting a family and I' m just here saying "I love my dog."

What's wrong with me? Why am I so ugly? It's really not fair. I just want someone who will love me for me. Is that to much to ask for?

Look at it the positive side, give those couples say 5 or 10 years they'll be at each others throats. And you would count all your lucky stars thats not you. Relationships inevitably do break down no matter how loving, its just a matter of time. Hate being cynical but really I see it all the time. So don't feel too bad you are not attached.

outofthisworld

I feel same way as you, and I think that isn't fair, I always dreamed when I was younger of having a family a great job and being happy, Today I got a sucky freelance job, and everyone I know is happy enjoying their lives mostly are married and some with kids.

What I realized is that trying hard get's you into trouble as got me. So never give up and love will come to you, just never loose hope, and don't look for it that hard. if it's meant to be it will happen. and there is someone out there for everyone :)