Food Pictures

twiggle

double-dip_1.jpg

MikeyC

IMG_0004.jpg

My lunch of Thai chicken green curry with brown rice and veggies. It tastes better than the last time I tried to cook it but the sauce came out too pale. Next time I'll double the ingredients for the sauce but try to use the same amount of coconut cream and see what happens. It still tastes really great, though!

Phoenixx

Lately I've been hooked on avocado chocolate smoothies. I usually blend them up with a bit of vanilla coconut milk and some strawberries or raspberries. I ran out of avocados today though. I wish I could buy them a lot more because I love them so much. They're so flipping expensive here though. :/

Chocolate-and-avocado-smoothie-HERO-0a6da8fa-2209-4d2b-945c-b65f91c36677-0-472x310.jpg

MikeyC

Lately I've been hooked on avocado chocolate smoothies. I usually blend them up with a bit of vanilla coconut milk and some strawberries or raspberries. I ran out of avocados today though. I wish I could buy them a lot more because I love them so much. They're so flipping expensive here though. :/

Chocolate-and-avocado-smoothie-HERO-0a6da8fa-2209-4d2b-945c-b65f91c36677-0-472x310.jpg
Avocado chocolate smoothies? Sounds interesting in a weird way. That picture: is that just a normal chocolate smoothie? Looks like I could replace my blood with it. :)

I agree about avocados. They can be $3 per avocado sometimes here, too. :/

1BlackSheep

Another reason y'all need to come to California: avo's are CHEAP here! :)

I need to fire up the ol' Vitamix and make me one of these chococado smoothies! Sounds delish! :)

Phoenixx

Avocado chocolate smoothies? Sounds interesting in a weird way. That picture: is that just a normal chocolate smoothie? Looks like I could replace my blood with it. :)

I agree about avocados. They can be $3 per avocado sometimes here, too. :/
^ Lol yeah it's kinda unheard of, but so good! The picture is an avocado-chocolate smoothie. They come out really thick and smooth like that because of the avocado, it's so nice. You don't even need to use one whole avocado unless you're making a few smoothies for other than yourself. I only use about 1/4 - 1/2 an avocado, depending on the size. Then I just throw in my fruit, a little bit of vanilla, some coconut or soy milk, and then a couple spoonfuls of homemade chocolate syrup and that's it. Simple!

Avocados are usually $2 each here. :/ Sometimes I find them on sale though for a pack of 3 or 4 for only $2! Rare, but when I find it I always buy them.

Another reason y'all need to come to California: avo's are CHEAP here! :)

I need to fire up the ol' Vitamix and make me one of these chococado smoothies! Sounds delish! :)
^ *packs bags and heads to San Fran* ::p:
Seriously though, I really want to visit San Fran one day. I know there's a whole lot more cities and places to look at in California, but SF is one I want to visit the most.

I wish I had a Vitamix, but those are pricey too. :p I really like the little Magic Bullet I use though. It's so handy and easy to clean.

MikeyC

Home-made beef and bacon burger with most of the trimmings! :D EDIT: That green stuff on the bun is avocado, not mould. ::p:

IMG_0018.jpg

MikeyC

^ Yep. Tasted pretty sexy, too! I have all leftover ingredients to make more later, but I may wait until tomorrow for that. :)