Feeling Really Really Depressed

I just cannot seem to anything right. Everything I seem to do is wrong and Everyone I meet I end up hurting in some way. I am 29 and cannot find a job anywhere. Not even McDonalds will take me. ::(: I have no love life whats so ever. Why would any girl want to spend time with a soon to be 30 year old virgin jobless loser who is living with his parents.

I have been having more and more thoughts of suicide. Like everything else in life I would completely screw that up if I tried. I wish I could find a good job where people liked me and I was good at the job. I wish I had a really really good circle of friends and support group around me. I just don't think it's going to happen.

jryden

Besides the age difference this is my life, So I know how you feel.
What other jobs have you applied/looked at?

I am looking for a job too and there are jobs that I cant do because I dont have a car, I cant work at night and i cant carry a certain amount of stuff. You might be able to do those jobs.

Friends ehh I am the worst person to give advice. Maybe look on meetup and search for things you're interested in.

Honda

Feeling that way is just a wake up call that you seriously should get your **** together.. Suicide aint gonna solve **** and you are talking to someone who attempted it several times in less than a year.

The only way is to find ways and do things that lead to a productive and positive life..

Thinking about it over and over aint gonna solve anything either and feeling like **** about it isnt aswell..

You gotta accept that many things in life might not go your way at least for the mean time but just do what it takes to live a good life and build something for yourself and keep evolving further.

I know people that have ****ty families, doing jobs they hate, getting harassed everyday, that have so much **** in life that I cannot believe how they carry on in life.. Yet manage to live life quite well, endure the misery or pain and manage to find ways to enjoy life and counter the whole pile of **** they go through on a daily basis..

Not everybody is born the same and nobody is born equal, as far as this crappy new age crap implies.. Some people are blessed far more from others but its up to how we survive in this random and mysterious world we live in.

laure15

Not even McDonalds will take me.

Same here. I applied at least 2 times to work at McDonald's but didn't get any replies.

I have no love life whats so ever. Why would any girl want to spend time with a soon to be 30 year old virgin jobless loser who is living with his parents.

Romance is overrated. Seriously, I know some single people who are happy the way they are, despite the stigma they get from society. Why care so much about being in a relationship when the first thing you got to do is love yourself and try to turn your life around?

Not everybody is born the same and nobody is born equal, as far as this crappy new age crap implies.. Some people are blessed far more from others but its up to how we survive in this random and mysterious world we live in.

Well said!

MikeyC

Lonelyguy, I'm not even sure what to say. The best you can do right now is think about what you want and do whatever it takes to get there. It won't be easy, but you have to make changes.

Good luck.

My parents just don't even care. I am the only one that cleans the house and all they do is mess it up again. My mom has these two small dogs that pee and crap everywhere. Who do you think that cleans it up? Me thats who. Who washes the floors? Me.

Non of them let the dogs out to go to the bath room. Cause they say they bark to much and it will disturb the neighbors. Except my neighbors have dogs and they bark all the time. I don't understand the logic behind what they are saying. I don't understand why I am the only one that wants to live in a clean house. I try and I try.... but every time I do something I am the one getting crap for it. I clean the house and I get crap for it. I clean the dogs messes and I get crap for it. I mean I don't know what to do. If I talk to them about they will just get mad at me.

I have had two real jobs so far in my adult life. My last job lasted a new record 9 months. My hours got cut down to basically one day a week. So I just didn't bother showing up for work and they fired me. Even than my parents made me call off cause of the roads being snow and ice covered during the winter. I wasn't allowed to go out cause of the roads and cold temps. I mean I am adult. I cannot help the weather.

I mean when is my life supposed to begin? When my parents are dead and they cannot tell me what to do? Life is so hard and I am only good enough to play on easy mode.

MikeyC

I have had two real jobs so far in my adult life. My last job lasted a new record 9 months. My hours got cut down to basically one day a week. So I just didn't bother showing up for work and they fired me. Even than my parents made me call off cause of the roads being snow and ice covered during the winter. I wasn't allowed to go out cause of the roads and cold temps. I mean I am adult. I cannot help the weather.
You've got to tell your parents not to suffocate you and hide you from the badness of the world. Sure, it's dangerous to drive in snow, but millions of people do it, and you will have to as well. Tell them you're an adult and that you have to accrue some responsibility so you can go out and face the world. They're not going to like it but it seems like they've coddled you since you were a child and haven't stopped, and it's getting to you.

Honda

I mean when is my life supposed to begin? When my parents are dead and they cannot tell me what to do? Life is so hard and I am only good enough to play on easy mode.

Your life begins when you stop whining about your life and start learning to adapt to its harshness instead of letting yourself feel emoitional devastated about something that might never change..

The only thing that got me to move ahead in life is accepting that life is very difficult, it will always be hard and peace of mind is only a myth.. Ever since, I got more motivated to work hard and play hard..

Baldwin

Hi Lonelyguy,
To manage stress exercise regularly, have balanced diet plan and if you do not eat well take multivitamin regularly. Share your problems with your friends and family members and remember to laugh. As for job do email your CV online in different organisations.

Facethefear

You are an adult living in your parent's house and you keep it clean going against your parents wishes but when they tell you to stay home because of inclement weather you listen and lose your job because of it. You must be driving their vehicle otherwise they would have no power to stop you. I feel sorry for the dogs.
You need to make an effort to get out of that mess by applying to every job
in your area today. Try for a weekend job or a night job. Good luck.

You are an adult living in your parent's house and you keep it clean going against your parents wishes but when they tell you to stay home because of inclement weather you listen and lose your job because of it. You must be driving their vehicle otherwise they would have no power to stop you. I feel sorry for the dogs.
You need to make an effort to get out of that mess by applying to every job
in your area today. Try for a weekend job or a night job. Good luck.

I am just going to end it. I suck and I do not belong in this world or any world. Hell with it. ::(:

You really feel a lot of misery. But that feeling is totally understandable. You want to be something that isn't there yet, right? I have the same, so I totally get what you are talking about. I am pissed every day because I want it to be different. I just wish I had people at school who said I am great, or to be like those girls/guys who have a group to hang out iwth. I wish they would invite me to things. But it never ever happens. I have always been like this and it sucks

And, well, jobs.. I haven't even applied one single job.

So, depression is revealed.

I really hope you get all the things you wish for... But you must take action to get it.... Remember? ::eek:: So if you want it so bad, why not write down all the specific things (that you wish for, or wish were true) and start to attend meetings on meetups.com (don't hesitate, it's what you want... it's about the result) or ask for people online more specific, like ''How can I make friends'' (or googleit) Or ''How can I find a job when I have social phobia/...whatever else'' how ''Can I cure my depression''

And then slowly make the proces go away, of depression. Take action and you'll see that the result will make you laughter again.

That's the only way out, no suicide, then you can't try, right?

Falkor

OCDd

cant say i know how you feel, my depression is not that severe. but hey man we can make one of your wishes come true. you said you wanted a good support group and some friends, here you go, were all here for you. try finding an activity that will take your mind off of it. you know you more than any of us. do what you do the best at, and dont give me that bull crap answer of oh i cant do anything at all good. thats not true. your 29, your human, your feelings matter, so do your thoughts. do whatever your the best at. you may be able to take your mind off of it. and hey dont be so hard on yourself, your already on the internet trying to find help...THATS GREAT! :thumbup: most people would have just ended it already. by you reaching out and asking for help, thats opening up a whole list of options. dont say you cant find a girl, look on the internet their are tons of online dating sites, im sure you can find someone theirs a girl out their for everyone. try reading the bible or praying to God for help, after all, he knows everything and loves you ALOT! stay with it man, i care about you, your parents care about you, and we all do on this site. Hope this helps out man, GOOD LUCK!!! :) and just remember....

Persist

Until

Something

Happens

Update:

I am 30 and my parents will not let me do anything. I cannot move out due to the fact that I am still unemployed. I don't understand why they will not let me go places I want to go of do the things I want to do. I am very very sick of living in this house with them. I cannot take it anymore. All want to do is walk out and never come back.

IntheLabyrinth

Hi Lonelyguy,
I completely understand what you're going through. I am really sorry things aren't going the way you'd like them and that you feel so hopeless. My situation is not much different than yours. I am 32 and still live at my parent's house. I am too terrified to go on job interviews or to start a new job that will pay me enough to get my own place. Fear is what is holding me back. Well, that and my inferiority complex... Anyway, enough about me... Can you maybe start volunteering somewhere to build experience so you become a more in demand job candidate. Or, even better, find an internship. If it doesn't directly lead to a job in the near future, it will at least get you out of your house and away from your controlling parents, and it should also help build confidence. Also, the things that Baldwin said are very beneficial if you have access to good, healthy food and other people to support you. Good luck with the job search!

I understand you. I´m so depressed too and I hate my living situation, I´m looking for a place to live, but so far I haven´t been able to find anything.
I can´t find a suitable job either, and even if I managed to find a job, I´m sure I wouldn´t be able to handle it for long. The jobs I had were stupid, boring or physically exhausting anyway.
What would happen if you did things that your parents don´t approve of? Would they throw you out of the house or something really bad like that? because if not, then I don´t see why you can´t do things you want, even if they don´t approve. They don´t have any right to control what you do or where you go.
If I just did what I wanted I would get screamed at and I can't hand being yelled at. Plus I cannot drive my car since it is in my dads name. He says he is the boss since it's in his name. So I am not allowed to drive it. I am pretty much a prisoner in my own home. I just want to leave and never come back. But I have nowhere to go.

Hey

While I am reading this. I am in the same mood. I go to school but my hours got cutt off. I am happy with that though, less of stress. But still I am stressed so much everyday that It's burning my ass. I don't know what the heck I should do to be more relaxed around people.

Do you also have the feeling that everytime around people you freeze? Maybe we should find a cure mate....

And about a job... Go out there, on interviews. That is the first step. There you will meet people, so you can get friends. Try!

About a relationship.. Have you tried the online dating websites? I know a lot of people do not believe in online dating but i met my girlfriend there. Now how about you?

And about suicide, damn mate I feel the same. Well, not that I want to die. Life does have its beauty, so much really. I think just like me, you cannot keep up with life anymore. The way it is. You want change, you cannot accept the things that are happening, just like me. I hope we will be able to accept it mate, or that we get a big change. We just do not believe in it.

Now does anybody here has a golden tip for believing in what you want?

Nanita

If I just did what I wanted I would get screamed at and I can't hand being yelled at. Plus I cannot drive my car since it is in my dads name. He says he is the boss since it's in his name. So I am not allowed to drive it. I am pretty much a prisoner in my own home. I just want to leave and never come back. But I have nowhere to go.

Sounds horrible :( Damn, that´s just unacceptable the way your parents are. I really hope your situation could get better or that you could get out of the house more.