Feel like dropping out.

Nicholas

I recently dropped out. University was just another problem on top of all the others. If I had ever graduated, I would still have had all the others problems and I'm sure they would have gotten worse over time. Graduating wouldn't have solved my real problems. I had my reasons to drop out. I love to learn and study though, but university seems to be a limitation to my knowledge: social pressure, deadlines, being forced to study stuff I'm not very interested in and being forced to skip stuff I would like to know more about... and so on.
The problem is now I don't know what to do.

Luke1993

Let me make myself clear. By "mates" I meant classmates, so yeah, we're the same ^^
Anyway aren't you a little young for college? From your name I assume you're 16?

Yes I am 16. But my version of college I think is different to your country.

Here in the UK we finish school at 16, then progress to college (Or sixth form) for 16-18, then we go to university, seperate from college.

In America I believe college and university are the same thing?

Anyway sorry for the confusion. Well I have decided now to do one mopre week so I get some money bonus for attendance, then I'm quitting. Being surrounded by social people just makes me so lonely. That and the fact I'm not clever enough for my course. I feel so ashamed but it's the only option I have.

My biggest issue with college is the times, that is having to get up super early to goto class, having to be there these days etc. It gets to me often. Oh and by the way I have the opposite I am pretty much the oldest in my classes.

I recently dropped out. University was just another problem on top of all the others. If I had ever graduated, I would still have had all the others problems and I'm sure they would have gotten worse over time. Graduating wouldn't have solved my real problems. I had my reasons to drop out. I love to learn and study though, but university seems to be a limitation to my knowledge: social pressure, deadlines, being forced to study stuff I'm not very interested in and being forced to skip stuff I would like to know more about... and so on.
The problem is now I don't know what to do.

I have the same issues but if I quit then I will owe all this money, which I can't pay back. if I didn't have the money issue, I might just quit, another issue though is the town I come from, my home town is small, there is nothing there to do. No jobs for people like me. And I have no way of moving anywhere else. Its a dilemma, and it eats at me all the time.

Honda

Guys, the bad times pass as much as the good times... paitence and try to keep your mind occupied with productive stuff untill u get over it and reach for something new in life.. Plus college life is the last phase in life where you can do mistakes, screw up, f**k up, embarrass yourself and dont care much about it... I realized how much freedom and flexibility i had after i graduated...

Im sorry to hear some of you dropped out, i wish you good luck and hope you find you way around.. but pressure will always be there wherever you go and you need to brace yourself and get over it and then party that stress out...

just felt like stating this point nothing more, i actually didnt read the whole tread..

Walk

In retrospect, I can't say this is true. Rather the opposite. Life is, with all its downs and ups, a very pleasant experience after all.

In my life, the ONLY times I could say I enjoyed my past struggles was I did just that: struggle.

When I DID NOT put up a fight and let my ass take needless punishment, that's when I regret my lack of action and I definitely can't call it pleasent.

It's like a boxing or wrestling match. You feel tired and sore as all hell, but you kept on fighting till the bell signals the end of the fight. Even if you lost, in retrospect you feel proud that you gave it your all. Same with life.

A man must fight in life.

I dropped out of high school for the same reasons you described, 'weirdo'. I may go back to school in the future... I don't know. Just try to do whatever is best for you (pretty generic).

Richey

if you've dropped out then try studying part time at night and working a job. that way you can take more time to complete a course but it wont be bombarded at you. One of the drawbacks i found in my course was information overload, there was no time to focus on one or two skills because we were rained upon by a ton of assignments in one shot. so its all scattered and difficult to juggle unless you are some wizard and master of everything. by the end i felt releaved but a little rattled by the workload and alot of it is vague in my memory because there was so much to learn. i dont think its the best way to complete a course to be honest.

Apple Strudel

Up to you if you feel it's right and you might want to get back or go for another course.

Seriously, it's up to your endurance and what you think is right. Don't listen to others too much and ended up feeling so miserable and even develop some kind of attitude problems.

It has happened to me and I regret not going to another institution to start all over again and instead stayed at my high school and hoping things would change but it never...and continues till now, luckily I am back to school (college) so all is fine but I've lost years feeling depressed, lost and angry with the world.

yomisma19

Think about it. Don't you like your studies?Or.. Don't you feel fine to continue (cause of the anxiety, people..)? . Stay at home is not good, It's more comfortable but the anxiety would be worst later. Think about it, and don't take a decison now.

Emily_G

I feel like dropping out of uni. I can't stand people. Their socialness and happiness make me sick. I can't put up with all the tasks the teachers give us. I often get nervous and tense, which makes me want to gtfo immediately from class. Also, most of my classmates already think I'm weird, so I want to get away from them. Ah...I just want to stay at home for some time, get rid of my plethora of flaws and issues and then I might think about trying it again. Anyone else feels the same?

I have similar issues...because of my stuttering I avoid people. Probably lots like social anxiety..idk. I didn't mind going to class, get there 3 mins before it started, sit in the back, creep out right when it ended.

IDK why I wanted to drop out so bad....but I honestly wish I did. It was the biggest waste of time ever. I just started getting loan bills, I have no job and am pregnant. I should have dropped out when I had the chance...at least there would have been less bills...

losttroy

The cure for laziness is someone you respect finding out you are!!

I quit school a bunch of times. I didn't belong at those places I first went, because things weren't going well at all for me there. But I eventually found one I loved. Now, I am even thinking of working there as a prof someday, if I can manage to get into grad school!!

My advice if you want it is check out some other places, maybe. If nothing is good about your current one, life is telling you something, mate. But don't give up on school in general!!! Unless your parents have money for you to live, our Capitalist system demands everyone NOT that way become educated in order to survive. And you may not know this, but being poor is not surviving. Being poor sucks. Just FYI.