Fed up of being a 29 years old virgin

DanielLewis

IMHO a guy should be able to have a few individual friends and that should be sufficient as "social proof" right then and there.

It seems like most people don't agree with me though.. they say that somehow a guy needs a full "social circle" or some kind of "group".. otherwise his social proof fails, and he will probably not be considered attractive.

But like I always say, telling someone with SA or mild autism to get a social network is just very ironic...

Nah, you definitely don't need a full "social circle" to be attractive. Just a few friends, even just a couple, will do. Though it is attractive to be 'popular' because it shows you're very likeable and that you have some attractive qualities that draw people to you. So it makes sense that women are attracted to that, but that's just the extreme end. If you're on the other extreme end, and have no friends (like I do), then it become unattractive to women. But have just like 2 good friends and you're okay.

A number count of how many friends we have isn't the most important thing anyway that women consider. It's really based way more around our behavior and our ability to really connect to a women emotionally so she feels good being around us. She needs to feel it for you and, of course, this is another thing SA gets in the way of. As an above poster said, SA really does fu## up pretty much everything. Only positive i think about it is that it puts the sufferer in a lonely position which at least allows them to devote more time to working on themselves and building skills more than people without SA have time to do (they spend more time having fun hanging out at parties, chilling with their friends).

Darkdriver

Don't worry about that. I think the success is not about kissing o having sex. Probably a simply conversation on the right moment could gives you more.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Seriously, if it's ok for disabled people to use prostitutes to satisfy their needs, why isn't it ok for anyone else to? Here in Australia, the government even pays for disabled ppl to have sex with prostitutes.

Megaten

Seriously, if it's ok for disabled people to use prostitutes to satisfy their needs, why isn't it ok for anyone else to? Here in Australia, the government even pays for disabled ppl to have sex with prostitutes.

You mean my surprise at the one guy saying it did him a lot of good? Well its not so much the act of seeing a prostitute that I figured would cause trouble but seeing one to lose your virginity. I didnt think doing so would build any legitimate confidence. I also figured it'd solidify the idea that there was something seriously wrong with him. At least it would have if I had done that. But I guess my brain doesnt work the same as others. Tbh I hate the fact that anyone feels they have to pay for something like that disabled or not. I find it really depressing that we're creatures that are made to crave things that not everyone will have access to. Seems rather unfair and cruel. Ok rambling done.

Last edited:

Bronson99

So disabled men cannot be intimate with women, it's accepted that there is no hope for them? Taken at face value, this would seem to be a very depressing thought, indeed.

What qualifies as disabled enough that the govt will pay you to see prostitutes?

Would being mildly autistic, ADD, socially awkward, with few career prospects (due to social anxiety/low stress threshold).. would that be good enough to ensure I have no hope and they'll pay for my visits to the massage parlor?

Bronson99

I find it really depressing that we're creatures that are made to crave things that not everyone will have access to. Seems rather unfair and cruel. Ok rambling done.

Carnal intimacy is only for high quality guys with social proof and some independent-living ability, otherwise go ahead and print out a laminated "ForeverAlone" card.

Not you specifically, but any guy in general who is below par enough. The faster we accept low-status, the better things will be. It's healthy to have a low opinion of yourself, you know?

Megaten

Carnal intimacy is only for high quality guys with social proof and some independent-living ability, otherwise go ahead and print out a laminated "ForeverAlone" card.

Not you specifically, but any guy in general who is below par enough. The faster we accept low-status, the better things will be. It's healthy to have a low opinion of yourself, you know?

I did some research into it and apparently the Netherlands does this too. Its actually lowered the depression and suicide rates there.

If you're just talking about sexual activity dont forget there was a literal homeless man out picking up women regularly at nightclubs and he was far from a quality male. Im sure he couldnt stick around long enough for them to figure out that he had zero prospects but you get what I mean. They knew nothing about his social proof other than that he could dress well enough to look moderately cute and could carry on a conversation. But of course he'd probably have a much more difficult time trying to get a serious relationship going with him battling addiction and sleeping on the sidewalk.

Glowbal

Prostitution gives only loosened up diseased experiences full of health risks and also you can't feel real romance and love connection...it must feel like you are just getting a manual stopgap improvisation kinda deal....by sex I don't mean just " stabbing into a hole in flesh " but I refer to the real feeling of romance, affection and soul connection and these things complete a real intercourse !! I hope you understand what I mean !

PugofCrydee

So disabled men cannot be intimate with women, it's accepted that there is no hope for them? Taken at face value, this would seem to be a very depressing thought, indeed.

What qualifies as disabled enough that the govt will pay you to see prostitutes?

Would being mildly autistic, ADD, socially awkward, with few career prospects (due to social anxiety/low stress threshold).. would that be good enough to ensure I have no hope and they'll pay for my visits to the massage parlor?

I'm not sure what would qualify someone for that funding. The documentary I watched was about people who had severe disabilities. People who are housebound, cant communicate effectively (in what we would consider a 'normal' sense), and need full time care.

It was a few years ago that I seen that program. The disabled people who were involved were very happy for the human contact. There bodies where messed up but not their minds.

I never said disabled men couldn't be intimate with women or that there was 'no hope for them'.

I think it's a good thing. Imagine being severely disabled all your life (but mentally ok) knowing you'll probably never feel the warm sexual embrace of a woman..

PugofCrydee

I disagree.

nodejesque

I completely disagree as well.

Megaten

Btw I thought I should clarify that when I said "we're creatures that are made to crave things that not everyone will have access to" I didnt mean that some people just wont get the things they want and thats the end of the story. I just meant in general that we're not guaranteed to get our wants or needs at the moment for any reason. Just about everyone wants something badly that seems to be held back from them and I kinda wish there was a way to just flip off a switch and remove it if its not doing the person any good. Like if youre hungry, to just stop feeling it.

PugofCrydee

State sponsored prostitution is beyond wrong. It's Orwellian.

Unless you have religious beliefs I fail to see your point of view.

How is something that provides comfort to those that would most likely never find it be destructive to society?

Bronson99

I'm not sure what would qualify someone for that funding. The documentary I watched was about people who had severe disabilities. People who are housebound, cant communicate effectively (in what we would consider a 'normal' sense), and need full time care.

It was a few years ago that I seen that program. The disabled people who were involved were very happy for the human contact. There bodies where messed up but not their minds.

I never said disabled men couldn't be intimate with women or that there was 'no hope for them'.

I think it's a good thing. Imagine being severely disabled all your life (but mentally ok) knowing you'll probably never feel the warm sexual embrace of a woman..

I get what you mean now, and I think it's definitely acceptable when someone has a very obvious disability.

While I don't come close to qualifying as "significantly disabled," I do have a lot of functional difficulties resulting from my disorder(s). Things look pretty bleak indeed, I can't come *close* to living at the pace of modern life. Everyone has their 2 jobs with evening classes for the graduate degree, while living independently. Everyone expects that everyone else is like this, which sickens me to death.

Any man who can't live at even half that pace is excluded generally, and has no shot with women. The older he gets, the higher the expectations are placed among him, and the more pathetic he looks for not being able/willing to participate.

Last edited:

Bronson99

I completely disagree as well.

I could see your disagreement with accepting "low value" as a general fact, although there is much contradictory information on this, ranging from accepting what you cannot do (not wise if you can't really do anything well) all the way to the sky is the limit, "you just have to work harder to get there than others."

The other part, however, seems to be grounded in truth. Low quality guys who have trouble with living (whether that be due to SA, autism, ADD, learning issues) are generally excluded. There are rare exceptions to this, I guess, but it's a general rule and unfortunately most have little choice but to accept it.

A guy needs to maintain some semblance of the status quo, otherwise he's undesirable. I don't know how to put a positive spin on this. There really isn't any way to do so, if you think about it.