Favorite Smells

Lemonheadzuccini

Just wanted to start a lighthearted subject today with a question what smells do you like??
I like the smell of mail, cigarettes, nail polish, and the new car smell

WeirdyMcGee

haha!
You have some funny favourite smells~ then again, I do like the smell of new shoes, cat litter fresh out of the bag, antiques, fresh yeasty bread and newspaper.

I have a collection of incense, too. I mostly like vanilla and sandalwood the best.

1BlackSheep

Fresh baked desserts or bread of any type, Cashmere Mist perfume, homemade pasta sauce simmering on the stove, laundry just out of the dryer. Mmmmmmm! :)

market.garden

Good thread!

Vanilla, petrol, cut grass in the summer, and fresh mint.

Actually, I'm also with Weirdy on the smell of antiques. Smells like history! :D

InvisaLady

OOh I like this!
Egyptian musk, leather,Con*Tact Caffeine soaps in the bamboo grass and stormy night scents and here is the odd one - purell hand sanitizer.
I am sure that there are quite a few more that I can't think of right now!

YellowBird

i love the way my old apartment smelled,naphthalene,dust,tea,night flowers.i looked like the apartment from Rosemary's baby.

Lowlight

In the summer when the sun heats up the black top and then a rain shower rolls through. After the rain stops there is a smell that is beyond reproach.

market.garden

In the summer when the sun heats up the black top and then a rain shower rolls through. After the rain stops there is a smell that is beyond reproach.

I think that's called petrichor. I love the smell too, though I don't like rain too much.

psych

fresh mowed grass

ozone before a lightning storm

cinnamon baking... anything baked, or baked brownie smell...

fresh sheets, & bedding

lavender flowers wafting in through an open window on a spring night.... so many good smells :)

cocoa butter

chai tea

I could go on...

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
coins, especially copper ones.
fresh basil
dragon cloud incense
sandalwood incense
just before an intense thunderstorm
the ocean
vagina
fresh mint
moonflowers
new books
old books
chocolate chop cookies baking
really good bordeaux
peanut butter cookies baking
kittens
hay
cedar
mequite
diesel
pine
coffee brewing
coffee being ground
the jungle
peaches
rust
tiger balm
warm laundry
oak burning
fireworks

market.garden

That indescribable smell you get during summer evenings of different kinds of street food all being cooked at once.