Fav Quotes

chibiXphantom

kind of a long quote, but sooo funnyyyy

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!"
- cave johnson from Portal 2

i know i wish i had some combustible lemons sometimes
sorryy haha

Newtype

"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save you, not condemn you." - Jolee Bindo, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." This is my fav quote because people with social phobia should be proud of themselves for being so brave and handling a big amount of stress a lot better than "normal" people do. Being different is a good thing, the only most people with SAD need to do is love themselves :)

Something-Vague

A rather long quote, but totally worth it!

“For me, trees have always been the most penetrating preachers. I revere them when they live in tribes and families, in forests and groves. And even more I revere them when they stand alone. They are like lonely persons. Not like hermits who have stolen away out of some weakness, but like great, solitary men, like Beethoven and Nietzsche. In their highest boughs the world rustles, their roots rest in infinity; but they do not lose themselves there, they struggle with all the force of their lives for one thing only: to fulfill themselves according to their own laws, to build up their own form, to represent themselves. Nothing is holier, nothing is more exemplary than a beautiful, strong tree. When a tree is cut down and reveals its naked death-wound to the sun, one can read its whole history in the luminous, inscribed disk of its trunk: in the rings of its years, its scars, all the struggle, all the suffering, all the sickness, all the happiness and prosperity stand truly written, the narrow years and the luxurious years, the attacks withstood, the storms endured. And every young farmboy knows that the hardest and noblest wood has the narrowest rings, that high on the mountains and in continuing danger the most indestructible, the strongest, the ideal trees grow.

Trees are sanctuaries. Whoever knows how to speak to them, whoever knows how to listen to them, can learn the truth. They do not preach learning and precepts, they preach, undeterred by particulars, the ancient law of life.

A tree says: A kernel is hidden in me, a spark, a thought, I am life from eternal life. The attempt and the risk that the eternal mother took with me is unique, unique the form and veins of my skin, unique the smallest play of leaves in my branches and the smallest scar on my bark. I was made to form and reveal the eternal in my smallest special detail.

A tree says: My strength is trust. I know nothing about my fathers, I know nothing about the thousand children that every year spring out of me. I live out the secret of my seed to the very end, and I care for nothing else. I trust that God is in me. I trust that my labor is holy. Out of this trust I live.

When we are stricken and cannot bear our lives any longer, then a tree has something to say to us: Be still! Be still! Look at me! Life is not easy, life is not difficult. Those are childish thoughts. Let God speak within you, and your thoughts will grow silent. You are anxious because your path leads away from mother and home. But every step and every day lead you back again to the mother. Home is neither here nor there. Home is within you, or home is nowhere at all.

A longing to wander tears my heart when I hear trees rustling in the wind at evening. If one listens to them silently for a long time, this longing reveals its kernel, its meaning. It is not so much a matter of escaping from one’s suffering, though it may seem to be so. It is a longing for home, for a memory of the mother, for new metaphors for life. It leads home. Every path leads homeward, every step is birth, every step is death, every grave is mother.

So the tree rustles in the evening, when we stand uneasy before our own childish thoughts: Trees have long thoughts, long-breathing and restful, just as they have longer lives than ours. They are wiser than we are, as long as we do not listen to them. But when we have learned how to listen to trees, then the brevity and the quickness and the childlike hastiness of our thoughts achieve an incomparable joy. Whoever has learned how to listen to trees no longer wants to be a tree. He wants to be nothing except what he is. That is home. That is happiness.”

― Hermann Hesse

onehandclapping

this one I heard earlier from die hard;

Ginny: [Karl smashes a table of glasses in fury] God. That man looks *really* pissed.
Holly Gennero McClane: He's still alive.
Ginny: What?
Holly Gennero McClane: Only John can drive somebody that crazy.

:D

onehandclapping

this whole scene from black snake moan was very powerful. just before samuel l jackson says this, his brother says he loves him,although his brother has betrayed him which causes him to lose it and smash a bottle threatening him while saying it.

LAZARUS
Cain slew Able, slew him out of envy. God put his mark on Cain for his sins, is that what you want Deke? Huh? Is that what you come here for? I'll do it for you, all you got to do is say it again... Say you love me. [pause] SAY YOU LOVE ME *****!

GhoulsNightOut

"You pretend to buck the system, pretend to be a rebel, claim to hate rules. But all you do is substitute your own rules for society’s. That’s a nice, simple rule – tell the blunt, honest truth in the starkest, darkest way. And what will be, will be. What will be, should be. And everyone else is a coward. But you’re wrong. Someone cowardly should not call someone an idiot. People aren’t tactful or polite just because it’s nice. They do it because they’ve got an ounce of humility. Because they know that they will make mistakes, and they know that their actions have consequences, and they know that those consequences are their fault. Why do you want so badly not to be human, House?" -a character from the TV show House

"Ask your doctor if getting off your ass is right for you." -Bill Maher from his anti-pharma rant
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu

SilentBird

You are a fluke of the universe, you have no right to be here, and whether you can hear it or not, the universe is laughing behind your back.
- National Lampoon

IntheLabyrinth

I got these from, Wilfred, one of my favorite shows. I think I will add them to my signature.

“Fear has its uses but cowardice has none.” - Mahatma Gandhi

“Happiness can exist only in acceptance.” - George Orwell

onehandclapping

this one from blade trinity;

Hannibal King: [about Danica] You know the kind of woman that just screams trouble? You see her, and every warning bell in your brain starts going off, but you still manage to ask for her number? Well, that's all I ever hook up with.

lol.

SilentBird

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
- George Orwell, Nineteen-Eighty Four

Something-Vague

"Your hand opens and closes, opens and closes. If it were always a fist or always stretched open, you would be paralysed. Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding, the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as birds’ wings."

― Rumi

tumblr_n1rq63YRwz1rpu8e5o1_500.png

tumblr_n2z5e9WPOy1rkm4r8o1_500.jpg