Fav Quotes

nopark

• First comes smiles, then lies.
  • Never is the word God listens for when he needs a good laugh.
  • Time's the thief of memory.
  • Fault always lies in the same place: With him weak enough to lay blame.
  • The most horrible fact of human existence is that broken hearts mend

These are from Stephen King books haha. I happened to have them written down in a txtfile on my computer.

AimeeSP

This one is quite sad ...

"The saddest thing in this world, is a child who has hardly seen the world but has seen enough of it to know they dont want to be a part of it."

I also love this one ... "True strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone expects you to fall apart."

:)

Note really a quote I guess and i'm not religious but i've always really loved the serenity prayer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage the change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

johnny 85

The most important kind of freedom is to be
what you really are. You trade in your reality
for a role. You trade in your sense for an act.
You give up your ability to feel,
and in exchange, put on a mask."

AGR

:D

Yo Conan what is best in life?
Conan: "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Dionysus

(I have a whole notebook of good quotes, so bear with me these'll be great ones)

"The highest reward for a person's turmoil is not what they get for it, but who they become by it." -John Ruskin

"There can be no happiness in our lives if the things we believe in are different from the things we do." -Freya Stark

"Regret for wasted time is just more wasted time." -Mason Cody

"Do not fear death, fear the unlived life." -Natalie Babbit

"You gotta dance like nobody's watching, dream like you will live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow, and love like it's never going to hurt."
-Meme Grifsters

"The main cause for failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want at the moment." -unknown

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." -Vonnegut

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." -Emerson

"When the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, it may be that may be that they take better care of it there." -Cecil Selig

"Our doubts are like traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might achieve, by fearing to attempt." -Shakespeare

"Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people." -Andre Dubus

"It was wise counsel that I heard given to a young person, 'Always do what you are afraid to do.' " -Emerson

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind." -unknown

"When self control is lacking in small things, the ability to apply it to matters of importance withers away. Every day in which one does not at least deny himself some trifle is badly spent and a threat to the day following." -Nietzsche

AGR

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

Bertrand Arthur William Russell

Penny: Sheldon, can I ask you a question?
Sheldon: Well, I would prefer that you didn't but I won't go so far as to forbid it.

Váli

bush-funny-face.jpg

"Uhm, I don't recall..." -George Bush

Last edited:

mrb

on your feet soldier :mad: some film i saw were this bloke collasped with the weight of all his kit after a 10 mile run ::p:

Kanye West

Man I promise, she's so self conscious
She has no idea what she's doing in college
That major that she majored in don't make no money
But she won't drop out, her parents will look at her funny
Now, tell me that ain't insecurrre
The concept of school seems so securrre
Sophmore three yearrrs aint picked a careerrr
She like **** it, I'll just stay down herre and do hair
Cause that's enough money to buy her a few pairs of new Airs
Cause her baby daddy don't really care

If my manager insults me again I will be assaulting him