Exercise Log

Subpop

Back sore so no exercise yesterday. Purchased a 65cm fitball and some anti-inflammatories. The fitball has replaced my office chair at the computer and the anti-inflammatories are to try and reduce the twinge in my back so I feel like riding or even a walk

Trishanku

I walk 15 minutes every day to the bus for work and 15 minutes back from the bus stop to home.

I try to do at least a sun salutation in the morning so I won't be drowsy and usually that works.

the days when i wake up and say oh! may b not all asanas today. I say just Suryanamaskara. I do four suryanamaskara and GuruVandanas and I end up doing the rest of the basic asanas for the day. the way it makes the whole body come alive feels awesome.

Subpop

20km on a familiar trail with my brother yesterday afternoon. Ended up pretty dirty. Cold wind and a couple of rain showers but as always it was great fun. I feel like I am getter a little fitter again. I need to attend the gym when I am back at work for 4 weeks. A month is a long time in terms of maintaining baseline fitness......if I am not disciplined my fitness will stagnate.

mikebird

Banned
Can't understand I haven't swum since about 1989
Muscles I haven't used

How do you cope alone? Ignore people? I can't remember. Swimming was my favourite thing at school. I remember big 'leisure parks' with funny-shaped separate pools with Jacuzzi and wave machines. Big slides you have to climb all the stairs and use a mat to go down. Equivalent wet of rollercoaster. I think Mum took me to go alone in the 1980s and she was too old for that. Some friends but not always. A historical reflection of how my parents didn't provide what a child needs - getting friends for me

I'm typing rubbish because my experience is so old. I tried finding such parks with no result in England

I wanna do it more. Public pool or beach. I knew two familes with their own pools in England. I don't care about body or what to wear. I think my attempt would be riddled with public stare or mockery, of all ages. A different type of gym, where everything is fine.

thegunners21

20km on a familiar trail with my brother yesterday afternoon. Ended up pretty dirty. Cold wind and a couple of rain showers but as always it was great fun. I feel like I am getter a little fitter again. I need to attend the gym when I am back at work for 4 weeks. A month is a long time in terms of maintaining baseline fitness......if I am not disciplined my fitness will stagnate.

How the hell do you guys run so much? I can barely do 5K and I'm pretty lean too (around 13% bf). But then again, I hate just running/jogging.

jaim38

I did HIIT workout on Friday. Very intense. I'm feeling the burn 48 hours later. I used to think HITT is piece of cake, because it looks so easy compared to running, but when you actually do it, it's actually pretty intense. Plus unlike running, little space is required and it builds muscle.

thegunners21

I did HIIT workout on Friday. Very intense. I'm feeling the burn 48 hours later. I used to think HITT is piece of cake, because it looks so easy compared to running, but when you actually do it, it's actually pretty intense. Plus unlike running, little space is required and it builds muscle.

I do this about 3 times a week. Sprint a 100m, then rest for about 30-60 seconds. Right now my best is 8 laps in 9 minutes.

I just hate steady state cardio, this is way way better.

Kiwong

2 x 10km. Gearing up for the World's biggest fun run on Sunday. I won't run all that well this year.

Subpop

How the hell do you guys run so much? I can barely do 5K and I'm pretty lean too (around 13% bf). But then again, I hate just running/jogging.

:) Gunners. I am not running, I am cycling on a dual suspension mountain bike. By trails, I mean single track......narrow tracks through the bush/national parks that are about a meter wide. I used to have very good endurance for long distance running when younger but now I much prefer not to punish my joints and ride instead. My brother is 10 years older than me and is extremely fit for his age which means I have to work very hard to keep up with him. He can hold a conversation whilst climbing a hill on the bike whilst I am suffering huge oxygen debt and about to pass out. I like riding with him because he pushes me. I am much quicker on the descents though which means he catches me on the climbs so we typically end up riding fairly close to each other.

Last edited:

Kiwong

22.5km. It hurt like someone was pulling my guts out from the inside, it hurt like a dull ache and heaviness taking hold of my whole body.