Exercise Log

da_illest101

After months of frustration and doing nothing due to my herniated disc in my neck and lower back I'm back doing exercise. Nothing major, stretches, walk, bicycle a very little amount of weight lifting

AGR

so I exercised roday,squats,broke a personal record,my legs are really hurting,cant imagine one and a half day from now when it always hurts the most to me.

OceanMist

My achilles is still improving. It's not 100%, so definitely no running.

What I would do to have full strength legs again.......

Sacrament

Oh wow, I had completely forgotten that I was the one who first created this thread.

Anyhoozles, I went biking for about 3 hours today. We biked all the way to a nearby town, and then it got dark as we were coming back, so we eventually got lost. We kept going up and down hills and hitting dead end after dead end. There were no landmarks nearby, so we couldn't even call for help if we wanted to.

Eventually we reached an old railroad and followed it to a nearby property where the owners were nice enough to take us to their front gate (a bit far, still) and point us in the right direction.

The only down side was that I was late for work because of that. The good part is that my watch told me I burned over 3500 calories. Cool.

KiaKaha

Banned
Work out today

1000 meters on rowing machine in 3:10
20 sets of 45 push ups (and variants)
10 sets of 12 close grip pull ups
8 sets of weighted tricep dips
5 core exercises
2 km run

Starry

So... I started my exercise regime again today... Easing into it since my back still hurts quite badly, but it's not getting any better, so it's put up with it and exercise or put up with it and lose fitness...

55 minutes of Zumba,
210 various stomach crunches,
2 x 30 reps for each of 8 different arm exercises with 2.5 kg weights.
10 minutes of yoga.

Starry

Today we had to mow the lawns, which is a workout in itself with a manual mower... So just a 45 minute "Airbourne" workout for me today... I put on Airbourne's "Running Wild" album plus a repeat of the first two tracks, and dance around like a lunatic... It's actually the hardest workout I do, since it can get my pulse over 200bpm... Has a nice little bit of interval training in it too, since I push a lot harder towards the end of each track and take things easier at the start of the next... I won't lie, I'm now exhausted... I fact it nearly triggered a panic attack... Not good...

Later I shall do a little yoga to stretch out my tired, aching muscles.

Starry

Cycling for me today... 43.85 km (point at which the calorie counter flips back to 0) and I shattered my personal best... It used to be 78:58... Today I did it in 70:59! So very, very pleased with myself! ^_^

Sacrament

Over 20kms on my bike tonight, just to cool off. Got a 45km all terrain bike raid tomorrow morning. It's gonna be 37ºC, so it should be interesting.

Cycling for me today... 43.85 km (point at which the calorie counter flips back to 0) and I shattered my personal best... It used to be 78:58... Today I did it in 70:59! So very, very pleased with myself! ^_^

Seems a little excessive to me.

Starry

Seems a little excessive to me.

Excessive why? It was only a one off push to see what my absolute best could be... I don't usually work quite that hard. Normally I complete it in a little over 85 minutes.

Anyway, Thursday and Friday were both just 45 minute Zumba workouts... Yesterday and today are rest days and tomorrow will be either cycling 43.85 km and strength training or my 45 minute 'Airbourne workout' followed by strength training, since my muscles have now recovered from last week.

OceanMist

I did 69 push ups in a set last week. That was insane for me. I used to not even be able to do 30.

Anyway, today was a set of 60, 30,30, 30= 150

Starry

^ Well done you!

I haven't posted for a while because my routine has basically been the same every day:

Morning: 2 sets of 30 reps each for 7 different arm exercises with 2.5kg weights... Followed by 40 reps each of flys and chest presses.... Then 100 squats.

Afternoon: 1 hour cardio workout - typically Zumba.

Evening: 30 reps each of 7 various stomach crunches, followed by stretches...

Kiwong

I finished my first marathon on Sunday in 3:25.56 at 50 years and 3 days old. Being able to live with anxiety is possible, if I can, so can other sufferers.

OceanMist

And life is a marathon for SA sufferers. We have to keep pushing through the pain in order to keep living. So many people will never know what people like me have to go through just to keep on keepin on.

Today, set of 70 push ups, then long pause, then 50 push ups.

Still injured. It's been months....even walks are out of the question. Heal baby heal.

OceanMist

Feeling much better with the achilles. I'm gonna wait til it's fully healed of course before running.

It's absolutely freezing outside...literally ha but I managed to log 31km running this week. I run by the water and there's a really strong bitter wind that pushes you backward. As a result I was deaf for about an hour after I came in tonight lol. I think I need to invest in a hat/earmuffs/headband...I think a hat is probably going to be the least conspicuous.

truffleshuffle

Originally Posted by Kiwong I finished my first marathon on Sunday in 3:25.56 at 50 years and 3 days old. Being able to live with anxiety is possible said:
Thats awsome I am not big on running I have bad ankles Broke them a few times and torn every ligiment in both and twice in one. But i envey people that do run. I have lost almost thirty pounds though Gone from 260 back down to 235. Im shooting for 200.

Last edited: