Exercise fights Anxiety

BlackKids

Exercise is the best thing you can do to help your anxiety. Not only does it release a natural high that helps with stress/depression/anxiety Its helped me with everything my anxiety was related too.

Cholesterol is down
Blood pressure down and perfectly healthy
Lost 20KG!!!
Self esteem up
Confidence up
Stress and anxiety Down
etc etc

Best thing I ever did was start getting serious about exercising. So if you wanna start feeling better then move your ass!!!!!!!!!

Well, it doesn't seem to help me at all. Even when I play football, I don't talk much. And that's a team sport! It's just so weird...

Yes, I may walk back home with some of my teammates - reluctantly - and maybe talk for a bit out of politeness, but I'll still do everything within my power to be by myself again.

I'm the best example of an introvert, basically.

Felgen

Exercise is the best thing you can do to help your anxiety. Not only does it release a natural high that helps with stress/depression/anxiety Its helped me with everything my anxiety was related too.

Cholesterol is down
Blood pressure down and perfectly healthy
Lost 20KG!!!
Self esteem up
Confidence up
Stress and anxiety Down
etc etc

Best thing I ever did was start getting serious about exercising. So if you wanna start feeling better then move your ass!!!!!!!!!

Great post. :) I'm in the same boat myself. Self-esteem when I'm an analytical person who is sensitive to criticism (the kind who often develops anxiety) is gained through hard work.

And I bike three times a week, biking is fun, most of the time I dont have nothing to do so I go bike, more people here should do it too :)

mrb

works for me i did my weight training today , after a work out i feel mellow and happy ....

Square_Eyes

Daily exercise helps with my depression, definitely, but it doesn't do anything for my anxiety unfortunately.

android654

I haven't found this to be true. I do weightlifting, HIIT, yoga, plyometrics and martial arts spread out through the length of the week. Anxiety only seems to subside while I'm exercising and returns afterwords.

So true. I also learned that while exercising it's important to constantly breathe in through your nose. If you breathe in through your mouth, your body considers it to be stress. (I was planning to go for a jog today, but I didn't. There's always tomorrow).

awkwardamanda

Easier said that done. It sucks when you're busy and tired and stressed out and depressed and unmotivated, etc etc.::(: It's a bit of a catch-22.

Tiercel

Easier said that done. It sucks when you're busy and tired and stressed out and depressed and unmotivated, etc etc.::(: It's a bit of a catch-22.

And when you can't run because of a stupid clubfoot with a slightly deformed bone structure in your ankle, don't have a bike or a swimming pool, are awake during the night, and live right next door to what is perennially one of the most dangerous cities in the US of A. And when you were doing push ups until you slept wrong on your shoulder and screwed it up so you can't really use your left arm for anything remotely resembling exercise.

But hopefully my recent bout of depression will soon end, my shoulder will heal, Camden will behave itself, I'll be awake more during the day, the bones in my right ankle will magically change, and I'll get both a bike and a swimming pool.

:D

I agree with Chloe.. exersize is only a temporary fix, it does make u better, but the feeling goes away and then you're back to your old f up self, but it's better to do it out of obious reasons, and right now im out for a jog! :)

Mokkat

I wouldn't mind running and such, if not for the fact that I get paranoid and anxious when I have to pass by other people.
I prefer going for a bicycle ride because it lets me skip some of the tension, but my bike got stolen half a year ago and now Im in a pretty bad shape