Everything and everyone is getting on my nerves.

WishingICould

For the past few weeks i've been feeling like a pressure cooker about to explode. I just can't stand anyone being around me or talking about stupid problems at work. Even my mum is getting on my nerves. I don't know if it's depression or i'm just have a bad week/month but it's getting more and more common for me to feel like this. I just feel like saying "I DON'T CARE!!!" when i have to listen to people who don't know how to shut the hell up. They say people with SA are rude. I think it's the opposite. At least when know when to keep our mouths shut.

Ignace

They think we're rude, and we think they're rude. No point in fighting about it. ::p: They just don't understand us. :sad:

Xervello

How does the saying go? If you wake up and the people are jerks. You go to work and the people are jerks. And you go out and people are jerks. Maybe YOU'RE the jerk?

WishingICould

How does the saying go? If you wake up and the people are jerks. You go to work and the people are jerks. And you go out and people are jerks. Maybe YOU'RE the jerk?

I didn't say anyone is a jerk. I said people are getting on my nerves when they haven't really done anything.

It could just be your depression.
Depression can cause our ability to handle even small stresses and annoying stimulation of any kind much less then we would normally be able too.
I know what you mean when you say you feel like a "pressure cooker about to explode". I need to do a really intense workout when I get like that to release it all. Do you have any way of releasing your pent up annoyance?

onehandclapping

I get times like this, where i'm just massively sensitive to everything around me, any loud or unexpected or unwanted noises just makes me irritable.

WishingICould

It could just be your depression.
Depression can cause our ability to handle even small stresses and annoying stimulation of any kind much less then we would normally be able too.
I know what you mean when you say you feel like a "pressure cooker about to explode". I need to do a really intense workout when I get like that to release it all. Do you have any way of releasing your pent up annoyance?

I think you're right. It's not like people are doing anything wrong, it's me being over sensitive. I'd like to do something like kick boxing but i'm not brave enough.

laure15

^there are youtube videos featuring kickboxing exercises that you can follow. You can do them at home.

I do have days like this when I feel the world around me hates me. What helps is listening to relaxing music, spending time alone to recharge, and exercising.

Matt88360

It also helps that you're living in a world full of immoral imbeciles. I think all of us need to realize we're actually quite lucky in the sense that social isolation prevents us from being more susceptible to all of the cultural feces polluting the modern world.

Ignace

Jeez dude, got out of bed on the wrong side ?

Suggesting that someone who is suffering from depression maybe a "jerk" is quite a inconsiderate thing to post in a support site for mental health. :eek:mg:

GraybeardGhost

Suggesting that someone who is suffering from depression maybe a "jerk" is quite a inconsiderate thing to post in a support site for mental health. :eek:mg:

Xervello's point may be inartfully expressed, but it is nonetheless valid. The abrasive quality we perceive in others is often no more than a projection of our own negativity.

Xervello's point may be inartfully expressed, but it is nonetheless valid. The abrasive quality we perceive in others is often no more than a projection of our own negativity.

That may be so if WishICould actually said that she thought everyone was being a "jerk". But she did not say that at all.
She was expressing her frustration that things and people were getting on her nerves so much atm.

WishingICould

That may be so if WishICould actually said that she thought everyone was being a "jerk". But she did not say that at all.
She was expressing her frustration that things and people were getting on her nerves so much atm.

Exactly. I meant that things that shouldn't be getting on my nerves, are. If that makes sense.

GraybeardGhost

I merely said the point was valid, not that it related specifically to the OP. Not trying to stir things up.