Everyone's in the doldrums

Krista

Since it's a new year, does anyone feel like it's time for a change? Get out and do more stuff, live life a little bit? Everyone seems to be feeling so down on here. I wish I could make everyone happy but I'd like to know everyone's feelings on 2010.

Does anyone have any plans to make this year a better one?

Are you uplifted to have a new start or do you feel this means nothing?

Anyone even want to start fresh?

Anomaly

It's not so much the new year but the new semester that makes me want to load up on more units in school and adjust my sleep pattern for the better.

T!GER

I always feel down at the end of the year but the beginning of the year there's heaps of possibilities and goals to reach. I'll see how it goes...

Every year is the same for me, a slow climb but I'm getting there...

and I will be travelling overseas.

Last edited:

lyricalliaisons

I would love a fresh start. We're moving soon &, we'll be away from this landlord, so that will be a good thing. But we'll be living in a place that I know is going to make my anxiety & agoraphobia worse. It's a possibility that I might be getting a job some time within the next few months, which will be something new & may be a good thing, if I can handle it. But most of the changes this year will probably bring will be negative, so it's hard to feel positive about it. My mom will probably not be alive by this time next year & she's all I have in the world. That will completely overshadow anything good that might happen.

206Raider

Yes, I'm happy for the new year, I think it's going to be a lot better. Starting School, meeting new people, endless possibilities. I hope everything works out for me and everybody else here.

Krista

I would love a fresh start. We're moving soon &, we'll be away from this landlord, so that will be a good thing. But we'll be living in a place that I know is going to make my anxiety & agoraphobia worse. It's a possibility that I might be getting a job some time within the next few months, which will be something new & may be a good thing, if I can handle it. But most of the changes this year will probably bring will be negative, so it's hard to feel positive about it. My mom will probably not be alive by this time next year & she's all I have in the world. That will completely overshadow anything good that might happen.

That's always hard to think of or imagine, someone you love being lost to you but I'm glad that you're going to be adventuring out and getting a job possibly. It's actually kinda nice having one. You fear the anxiety but after awhile the people you work with become your friends. At least in my experience. I do wish you the best.

I wish all of you the best and I hope things start going to the right way. Try to think about this as a fresh start and a new beginning for anything you want to do. Anyone else plan to change their life? Or at least change an aspect of their day?

Shift

I'm starting therapy this year, which should help with my SA and depression. I'm hoping that will help make this a better year for me.

And I think I am going to stop talking to my best friend. He is the ONLY person that I fight with and who can make me cry and he's been a real jerk to me since he started college and I think it would be better if he was out of my life. I've just been sort of clinging to our broken relationship because I don't have very many friends and I'm afraid of being alone, but I've had enough.

mrb

yep iv finally come to a decision about moving to ireland ... im going after 2 years of wondering about it ... iv decided it will be good for me ... also the girl im moving in with is the best thing thats happend to me in years ... a freind on here said to me im tearing myself up about it , getting all worried , should i shouldnt i , well , feels lots better now iv decided .....

froghat

I try to stay positive, but I'm always down on new years day. It's hard to change when your personality sucks. Every year is same old bs. I'm 28 now and at this point I feel like I'm just running out the clock.

hippiechild

Become stronger, more resilient to injuries, faster and better equipped to hunt down, overpower and devour my prey. I'd also like to make some headway in my to-read stack of books. Maybe I'll even travel to California this summer to go backpacking in Yosemite, hells yeah!

...honestly, I'll probably do nothing differently

Last edited:
U

userremoved

I have plans, yes... I just hope I have the motivation to do what I planned.

Thats just about how I feel too. I know what it is I need to do, I just need to stick with things and not give up this time around.

Krista

I'm starting therapy this year, which should help with my SA and depression. I'm hoping that will help make this a better year for me.

And I think I am going to stop talking to my best friend. He is the ONLY person that I fight with and who can make me cry and he's been a real jerk to me since he started college and I think it would be better if he was out of my life. I've just been sort of clinging to our broken relationship because I don't have very many friends and I'm afraid of being alone, but I've had enough.

I understand exactly how you're feeling. I have some very awful friends, but they're friends. It's not like I have a lot anymore, my main hope is to get out more and meet new people. I mean, what's the best option when your friends have the power to hurt you worse than most people but your only other option is being alone? We'll just grin and bear it until it gets better and I WILL make it better for myself. I completely understand that I am a good person and a great friend. I deserve everything I work for and I'm going to make that happen this year. I hope everything goes good for you too and you can always talk to me :)

Krista

Become stronger, more resilient to injuries, faster and better equipped to hunt down, overpower and devour my prey. I'd also like to make some headway in my to-read stack of books. Maybe I'll even travel to California this summer to go backpacking in Yosemite, hells yeah!

...honestly, I'll probably do nothing differently

As for you Hippie, you're awesome ::p:! Everytime I converse with you, you make me laugh. I would love to help you in any way to making your plans for this year happen and even if you don't actually make any major changes that you'd like, at least get in some small variations from the norm. If you could hold out for a little bit, my major goal is to go to California for the Comic-Con convention to meet Stan Lee..you could come with me, lol.

combat

Hell yeah... I'm gonna keep listening to people's advice on here (especially yours, thanks again for it) and pursue what I want in life, no matter how much I have to fight my fears to do it. It should be a good year, I hope.

Shift

I understand exactly how you're feeling. I have some very awful friends, but they're friends. It's not like I have a lot anymore, my main hope is to get out more and meet new people. I mean, what's the best option when your friends have the power to hurt you worse than most people but your only other option is being alone? We'll just grin and bear it until it gets better and I WILL make it better for myself. I completely understand that I am a good person and a great friend. I deserve everything I work for and I'm going to make that happen this year. I hope everything goes good for you too and you can always talk to me :)

Thanks. It's good having people to talk to who understand how I feel... I really appreciate it.

There's some people in one of my classes that I know want to be friends with me, so I am going to make more of an effort to talk to them more and try to forget about my other friend so I can start over and hopefully be happy again.

Silvox Black

Another year...another dismal day, another dreadful month, yet another horrid holiay, and then another pathetic new year. I have very little to look forward to in my coming years. Perhaps for some it is a time of rebirth and a new beginning. For me, there is nothing I can do to escape my fate.

Krista

Another year...another dismal day, another dreadful month, yet another horrid holiay, and then another pathetic new year. I have very little to look forward to in my coming years. Perhaps for some it is a time of rebirth and a new beginning. For me, there is nothing I can do to escape my fate.

I hate to hear people say things like that, it means you've resigned to some life that you're not happy with. That's an awful lot of hardships to feel when you're that young. Have you tried and not succeeded or feel an effort made would be a waste of time?