Dreams & Day-dreams

A friend

Lately, I have been having odd, recurring dreams of some bizzare sort...
Although I don't want to reveal them on the forum (privacy reasons), I do have a question to ask:

Could dreams (and involuntary day-dreams) have some kind of meaning, such as foresight or things of that nature?

Bo592

I don`t really know that to well But my thoughts on dreams is they take place of things that goes on though are lives. some dream can be a sign but we never really know for sure. death can mean changing your getting ready to go though a change. there are more but I can`t thank of them I heard these from the DR.PHil show he did something on dreams before your talking about day dreams though I alway look a day dreaming as a way of thinking your thinking really hard about something maybe it something your really worryed about.

Apersonalan

Sometimes they have meaning other times they're just what we've experienced in the past.

Did you know that a dream that seemingly lasts for hours can be a split second in the real world?

Dreams are a product of you subconscious/unconscious whatever is called, the thing is that it comes from inside our minds. Despite how crazy a dream could be, it always uses things we know, even if we don't remember them consciously.

But if you mean that dreams have some external significance, like foresight or some message send from outside your head, I don't believe in that at all. Ever heard of lucid dreaming? with some training, we can control any dream we're having, and for me that would eliminate any "external" meaning it was supposed to have.

WeirdyMcGee

how do we know that what we're experiencing right now isn't a dream?

yeah... I took the blue pill afterall, so it probably is.

You could always look up the basic 'meaning' of your re-occurring dreams in a dream dictionary.
They have them online, too- so you could just google what the elements of your dream mean and see if they apply to your life or not.

My dreams mostly have to do with zombies. Me being killed by them.
Sometimes there are zombies and vampires.
Sometimes it's regular people who act like zombies... but it's pretty much always zombies.
Either zombies or- on the rare occasion- some sort of erotic interpretation of an event from my past. haha

One of the explanations I've heard for my zombie dreams is:
You are going through a period of loneliness and isolation. You want change but it is a very slow process.
I'm agoraphobic so it makes perfect sense for me, I think.
As for the erotic dreams... I think those probably have to do with any sudden spikes in hormones I get from exercising. (mostly)

vexatiousmind

Well there is a lot of debate on this.
Some people think yes, and interpret them or w.e.
Some people think dreams are caused by random synapses in the brain. (doesn't count for day dreams though)

So If they mean something to you, then yeah.
If they don't mean anything to you, then don't over analyze them too much.

I day dream constantly, sometimes about people I don't even like, or doing things I really don't have any interest in.
So I really don't think they mean much.