Don't want to have a relationship no matter what

da_illest101

I don't know if anyone feel that way but I never feel like I will never be able to commit to someone, I love being alone way to damn much. It's not like i never liked a girl before but I never feel like I want to stay with them for a long time. Thank god I'm shy and think before I do stuff or i'll simply look like a player. Maybe I'm just afraid of having someone around all the time. Sure sometimes it sucks to be alone but it can suck to be with someone all the time too. I think I like being single too much. I meant in a relationship way, not friendship

anyone feeling this way?

Last edited:

Luna1740

I know exactly what you mean, I feel this way all of the time, and I'm struggling right now with deciding whether or not to be with someone, and it's kinda driving me crazy

LazyHermitCrab

I think you just haven't found the right person yet.. Someone who talks non stop makes you want to be alone? But, someone who gives you space filled with loyalty would be ideal. Say.. your living with someone.. you should be able to have your seperate space and still love eachother.. :)

da_illest101

Not me. I crave to have more people in my life. Especially people very close to me. I have had very few in my life and I treasure them. The problem is that it is difficult to trust and keep anyone that close.

I think I need to edit my post cause by your answer I realize that I wasn't really clear, I meant relationship like couple, bf/gf stuff, not friendship or relatives

da_illest101

I think you just haven't found the right person yet.. Someone who talks non stop makes you want to be alone? But, someone who gives you space filled with loyalty would be ideal. Say.. your living with someone.. you should be able to have your seperate space and still love eachother.. :)

I know what you mean, but even my best friend that I talk to all the time, even if I had the opportunity to go out with her, I will decline and she is my favorite person in the world. She has a higher chance then anyone else and I still don't see it happening

fitftw

I don't ever want a relationship/marriage either. It's because of everything I've gone through with women that leads me to believe monogamy is not logical these days. What is the divorce rate? 70%? 7 out of 10 couples end in failure. That's pretty bad odds.

Being single is awesome. I will gladly take sleeping alone most days of the year and having sex with a different woman every once in a while, than sleeping with the same woman EVERY day and having sex with ONE woman, and probably get CHEATED on at some point. No thanks.

Felgen

Being in a relationship with someone you're not in love with, won't give you much... except for experience, that is.

lunaticbinge

There's nothing logical about love :)

"We've reached cheese factor 5 captain!"
DangerouslyCheesy.jpg

Solitude

I'd like to find someone to settle down with one of these days. I just need to learn to give people a chance, and I feel like it's not possible for me to really care and love another person the way I want to. I would like to find someone that will bring it out of me. I'm sure she's out there... somewhere.

I'm lucky to have partner that gives me a ton of space when I need it. If I mention it before hand, I can just leave two weeks at a time with him totally understanding. He's not a social phobe, but at least he leaves me alone when I need it.

What I'm saying is, not all relationships have to turn into clingy social ordeals. Don't give up on love entirely just yet, rather let is soak and develop on its own terms instead of ''looking'' everywhere for a relationship. ;3

sevenroses

I know what you mean. I guess space is really important. I guess your best bet to to find someone who gives you that space. Eg. Live apart from each other but visit each other time to time, etc.

mismeek

I feel that way too!!! I look at my married friends and think "how can you stand being around that person constantly? When you have "me" time?" I can't imagine living with someone day in and day out for the rest of my life without cringing.

It kinda sucks though because I WOULD like to have a relationship..i think.. lol

You guys should read the loners manifesto... I think that kind of sums up the perfect type of mate for a person with anxiety.

Someone you can be with when your in the mood to.. then you both go off to your own separate parts of the house for your "me" time.

I think you should find someone who isnt clingy or dependent on you, that might be a more successful relationship.

Feathers

space filled with loyalty - sounds great!!

Someone you can be with when your in the mood to.. then you both go off to your own separate parts of the house for your "me" time.

I think I like this too..

Sometimes I think I would like a relationship (or a few lol) sometimes I think 'No way!!' So which is it? Depends on the day, the weather, my mood..

So it would definitely need to be someone interesting !

...to overcome any 'mental barriers' and just fall madly in love with (hm?) I may be too logical when it comes to that too.. I can have the biggest crush on someone and then just overanalyze it all and convince myself it would be a bad idea. hm (Usually I'm right though.)

I don't see myself as a 'loner' though, I can be both E and I.. So a mix of both would probably be needed too.. Someone who can be both E and I.. And much more, lol..

(Okay, wrong thread I guess, lol.)

Anomaly

I'm not seeking romantic relationships nor marriage. Perhaps it's because I don't buy the "happily ever after" idea?

Kiwong

Yes, I love my idependence. I don't feel envious of people in relationships or with children at all. I have my own freedom, and it is wonderful.

I'm basically a recluse who enjoys some social activities like running. Want I want is be able to communicate better in those situations.