Don't enjoy living but scared to die?

Kristopher

From my own personal experience i often say i dont enjoy life or even the concept of it due to the tediousness of day to day life. But even with this outlook, i think about death, and i conclude i wouldnt want to die. so it seems that what ever you want to call it, the soul, the spirit, has a driven force behind it, giving it the will to live on. Along with the fear of death, it seems that life has a driven purpose behind it. I struggle everyday with my belief in god. On one end i look at the evil and horrors we see all the time, that makes me feel life is a failed experiment, and then on the other this drive i have within myself to beat these struggles in my life aswell as see the world have peace. And another thing is humans are never satisfied, as if to say were looking for something that we have lost or been separated from such as our creator. Sorry fro my punctuation, just wondering if anyone else feels like this.:question:

LazyHermitCrab

hey i feel this way three and an agnostic overall :p it's okay to be unsure just do nice things sometimes and you will feel better. if you knew there was or wasn't a God would it change you? If i knew i probably would be like "really? oh cool" and continue with what i'm doing now. If you feel you're life is boring try to change it. Get a telescope and look beyond what's here for instance.

mikebird

Banned
Yep. I'm there

Quite surprised to still be here. I've seriously changed my diet. No enthusiasm to keep fetching food as my own activity, planning any meal or eating

:idontknow:

Last edited:

Metal_isthe_Answer

Your description of never being satisfied is how I describe people who strive for perfection.
You will always find fault with something you do yet you strive for perfection, bosses demand perfection from employees, but employees can and will make mistakes or do the job in a way that is imperfect to the boss.
If you strive for perfection you cannot achieve it.

Yes.

Part of me is curious as to what the future holds, but another part of me just feels so weary that I'm not sure it's worth waiting. I don't think I have the guts to... do anything, though. No matter how tempted I've been I haven't felt I was actually ready. I guess that's a good thing :idontknow:

akala

I understand this feeling, it can feel like you're stuck, and that's the worst feeling of all. I hope you're finding ways to cope

jaim38

Sometimes I have days I look forward to. Sometimes I don't. I'm not sure what I was meant to do in this life - maybe God works in mysterious ways? One thing is pretty certain - I don't think I'm ready to go into "the light" yet.

Kiwong

I'm the other way around. I'm starting to enjoy life, even though it's hard. I'm 50 and not looking forward to growing old.

Flanscho

Well, being an atheist, I can't help you with your faith. However, when I wondered about death and the purpose of life, I always came to the conclusion that, since death means the absolute end of my existence, there exists no hope that things can improve after death. In this life, I can hope for hugs, I can hope for interesting experiences, I can try to work on my future. In death? Nothing. No hope. No changes. No experiences. Nothing.

For many years now life has been a real drag for much of the time. But i habitually keep slogging-on, through whatever misery, depression, boredom, whatever, that i'm currently going through. I just keep going, simple.

But in the past few years especially, i have been starting to think of death & such quite seriously. So that has given me more reason to keep living - to find out what my true purpose here is, and to somehow work out how to change my thoughts/beliefs/ways so that i can be "aligned" with all that, and hopefully then all my suffering/misery will be banished forever. So that is another thing to keep me going, for now.

Also, i am realizing now that i've most probably never "enjoyed" life, but at best it's always been just a series of temporary escapes from suffering & reality. I am kind of just accepting that now, and also how i've been "living a lie" (living in a separate, minature, illusionary world) my whole life. So that must change, as it's false. And that is what i'm attempting to do.

Flanscho

I guess life becomes better the more experiences you make, like spending time in foreign countries.

Kristopher

What im trying to say is that without a reason for being, we are lost. if you have concluded that theres nothing but the physical realm of existence. Then you must also conclude that your brief time on this earth is meaningless in the eyes of the universe. thus pointless and a struggle to continue perpetuate the DNA for no other reason than because you can. Bleak as it sounds this is how i feel, and is the source of my depression. People say the same thing, you're living life make the best of it. Dont think about it and just live life. Well sorry i cant...my heart longs for answers and i have sought them in many philosophy's and ideas on life..im sorry im venting. and i dont want to offend anyone in anyway. i just want to to know im not alone in being confused as to why were here. Peace and love.:praying:

Flanscho

Kristopher, nothing is eternal, even the universe will fall apart some day. Still, as you said, we are here right now, and making the time you have worse than it has to be is not a very good idea.

Kristopher

Kristopher, nothing is eternal, even the universe will fall apart some day. Still, as you said, we are here right now, and making the time you have worse than it has to be is not a very good idea.

actually it doesn't matter how you spend it if you perceive it to be that way. in my opinion i respectfully agree to disagree.