Don't be ashamed that you're older and still come to socialphobiaworld.com

From what I've read, social phobia affects more young (teens-20s) and old (65+) people than it does middle aged people. Yet here I am.

Last edited:
The perception of being old changes with age.

As a boy I used to picture people in their 20s as old, and call them mister/misses.

Now that I am nearing my 30s a lot has changed on how I relate to people older than me — I consider people in their 50-60s as still young.

Winja

Yeah. I'm 41 and now I've actually got something to give. Nobody wants it!

When I could only get part time work I could tell myself, I'm lonely because I'm a failure. Now I'll just always be lonely no matter what.

estelle

Yeah. I'm 41 and now I've actually got something to give. Nobody wants it!

When I could only get part time work I could tell myself, I'm lonely because I'm a failure. Now I'll just always be lonely no matter what.
are you working now? How bad is your anxiety now? sorry Im nearly the same age of you but still suffering so...

lily

Wow, lots of great responses! That's great! We could have a family here! A group family! I'm glad for the friends I met on this site, 2 so far!

Last edited:

lily

I'm glad to see some people still posting here. I think I will for a while bc I'm still waiting and figuring out medication business. Some days I just have nothing to do and the medication I'm on gives me a lack of motivation for the bigger things.