Don´t look sick

Klaus

One thing I have being doing lately is too really take care of my appearance, I try to dress well, shave my face every day, eat healthy, do physical exercises etc.

I think people talk to me better when I have a descent presentation. It's funny, but the times I go well dressed and with a healthy look to a store I'm much better treated than when I go like a homeless sick person.

People come towards me with a more "relaxed" attitude. Off course that at the end of the conversation they see that I'm more crazy than the Unabomber and Michael Jackson together, but at the beginning they don't have a clue. It helps a lot.

This is so true, I went into the same shop twice, days apart, different appearance. Ignored one time, all smiley how-are-yous the other

Feathers

You GO, Klaus!! :)

It's actually funny, yup... I still 'feel' like the same person, responses can be very different, yup...

As for conversations, some people are just 'boring' - huh??
(Better 'unique' than 'boring', no? ;) Or think of yourself as 'eccentric'? ;))

Klaus

You GO, Klaus!! :)

It's actually funny, yup... I still 'feel' like the same person, responses can be very different, yup...

As for conversations, some people are just 'boring' - huh??
(Better 'unique' than 'boring', no? ;) Or think of yourself as 'eccentric'? ;))

Hi, Feathers!
Yeah, I feel the same too when well dressed, anxious as always, just anxious as someone who is going to be executed in a few hours. But I can see that people "see" me as a regular guy when I have a descent presentation and they treat me as "just another regular guy". That helps a little a bit, what for me means a lot.

And I feel like everybody is so boring, I can't stand a conversation with anyone, but that's probably because my heart is beating at 300 beats per minute, I'm sweating a lot, feeling dizzy and trying to behave normally.

Thanks for the reply!

MollyBeGood

I am amazed at how the simple act of wearing a smile :) can make people react differently to you. Plus it's cheap-no cost to you...unlike fashion.

I never forget one day I was walking into Wal-mart(yrs ago I never go there anymore~ BOYCOTT WAL_MART) and a man in a wheelchair told me to smile I was kinda blown away...Oh and no he wasn't a greeter either justa customer coming out of the store, maybe he was a greeter leaving his shift and he couldn't turn it off? LoL oh well. But it did make me think to smile more(he was happy in a wheelchair for f*sake ya know?!!) and it is hard to smile and be sad at the same time-try it!

a frown is justa smile turned upsie down :):(

CopenhagenCasual

I have a dark color under my eyes - the skin... Don't know the name in English.

Sometimes I don't care, I feel unique in a good way, but other times I feel like I look like a crack addict... These days are the bad days...

fitftw

I like to look homeless. Screw what has become of society with the 'presentation is everything' BS. It wasn't like this 100 years ago.

philly2bits

I like to look homeless. Screw what has become of society with the 'presentation is everything' BS. It wasn't like this 100 years ago.

Society has always been that way, not just for the last 100 years. Throughout history those with power or prestige have always flaunted it, from a pharaoh's headpiece to a kings crown to a well tailored suit, clothes have always been a sign of social standing.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Society has always been that way, not just for the last 100 years. Throughout history those with power or prestige have always flaunted it, from a pharaoh's headpiece to a kings crown to a well tailored suit, clothes have always been a sign of social standing.
That, plus the basic fact that humans are visual creatures and your appearance is pretty much all a stranger has to judge you by anyway.

Minty

Totally. A hundred years ago I would have had to wear hoop skirts and a corset. And my ankle would have been viewed as "obscene".

Xylia

We should all just be nudists.

fitftw

I don't see how putting on a suit and shaving your face makes you ANY better of a person than someone like me who wears black cargo pants and old t-shirts and never shaves.

It. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Humans were meant to be hairy. If we were meant to shave, we'd be born with babyfaces or razors as fingernails. Please argue with me some more about this. The whole shaving thing is just another form of trying to control the uncontrollable. Hair grows back. Talk about pointless.

Last edited:

Pookah

^Tell that to society about women lol. We spend tons on gadgets and goo and whatnot to stay hairless.

philly2bits

I don't see how putting on a suit and shaving your face makes you ANY better of a person than someone like me who wears black cargo pants and old t-shirts and never shaves.

It. Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Humans were meant to be hairy. If we were meant to shave, we'd be born with babyfaces or razors as fingernails. Please argue with me some more about this. The whole shaving thing is just another form of trying to control the uncontrollable. Hair grows back. Talk about pointless.

It doesn't make a person better. And it doesn't make sense. But it's true anyway. You can rail against it all you want, it won't change the fact that an unkempt appearance strikes people a far different way then a nice, neat one.

fitftw

well then that's simply unfortunate. Being human is a huge fail. Wish I would've been born a different animal, like a hedgehog, or a dolphin.

MollyBeGood

animals judge other animals by their appearance too though-or smell...sometimes an animal will be killed by others of it species just for being different mentally like a dog who chases his tail would be killed by it's pack in some cases. Humans will do the slow death to one another,,,bullying for example.

i agree I hate being human. It's a huge part of my problem actually.