Does your user name mean something?

neo

Well, I guess mine has something to do with my attempts to change, to make a 'new' man out of myself.
Or that I think the Matrix is cool. :D

silens

Silens- latin for silent

It is one of many that I like to use, and probably the most endearing.
below I have decided to list the evolution of my call signs.

Shadow -High School- given to me because I could often be found 'Shadowing' a certian groups of people, I didnt really associate with them, I just 'shadowed' them, this was my first experience with the 'being alone in a crowd' feeling.

one day I found a latin-english english-latin dictionary

Umbra Venator- latin 'Shadow Hunter'-Mechwarrior 4 callsign

General Venator- took this callsigh because people looked to me for leadership in MW4 matches

Gen. Venn- shortened form

Venn- Those who know me (through Xbox live) call me this

Silens Venator- latin 'Silent Hunter'- Necromancer Character created for the Massive Multiplayer Online Game Ultima Online, also the main character in a number of short stories

Searmon Ventross- Xbox live callsign, also both the Ancestor and Decendant of Silens

Harleyq

Mine's a ripoff from Harleen Quinzel off of Batman. She's pretty much the only comic character I really like, and a lot of her personality and even one of her performances on BTAS were based off of the antics of Lucille Ball, who is my favorite actress. Also, Harley's connection with Batman reminds me of Zorro, who was an inspiration for Batman. And Disney's Zorro is one of the best tv shows, also. Disney's Zorro guest-starred Cesar Romero, who played the Joker on the live action Batman series AND...Cesar Romero guest starred on the Lucy-Desi comedy hour.

In short, my username sends me on a loop of media entertainment that makes me happy.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm pretty sure most people know what I mean !

Haha I sure do.
Hmm, well, I'm not creative enough to think of a great username off of the top of my head, so I picked the first thing that came to mind. It's the title of an Elliott Smith song. If you know the song, you'll know what I mean. It doesn't mean that everything's okay.

Sinopia is a reddish-brown ocher-like earth color pigment used in traditional oil painting. It is used for the cartoon or underpainting for a fresco. It is composed of iron oxides, from a kind of clay or quartz called sinople.

Sinopia was written about by Cennino Cennini in "Il Livro del Arte" in the 15th century and described as, "A natural color known as sinoper, or porphyry, is red; and this color is lean and dry in character. It stands working up well; for the more it is worked up, the finer it becomes. It is good for use on panel or anconas, or on the wall, in fresco or in secco..." Cennini follows this discussion with a look at a special kind of sinopia used in Florence for painting flesh colors.

I don't know why I chose the name 'Sinopia'. I thought it sounded good and I do like the color. Well, I am an art freak...

Lonelykitsune

Because im lonely and love foxes,mythical stuff and some japanese things,a kitsune is a mythical japanese fox prson so i just picked it,i use different variations of kitsune on different sites though