Does your family understand you?

FriendlyShadow

As much as I would've liked, I really do wish my family were different from how they are. I seem to be the only miscast child who doesn't belong in my family, rather I wish surround myself with a family who is more respectful and more nice to my needs. I've been living with being manipulated, mocked, embarrassed, disappointed, stress, and the biggest killers of depression. I have no idea if god had anything to do with this or if someone up there had been so cruel to deliberately put me in these situations, but it will always remain a mystery to me. I wish I had a better life than this, but life had to be a b*tch to not help me achieve it. Pity.::(:

Quietguy11

I wish my life was A LOT BETTER than what it is. I get walked on all the time, I can't stand up for myself, I am passive about everything, because I never have the strength to lay out the cards the way I think they should be played. I get paranoid from time to time (it's mild though, and under control) and I feel like I don't have the natural ability to make connections with people; in other words, I am socially debased.

Mine is pretty understanding. My grandfather and uncle are OCD and my mother has depression and says was diagnosed as bi polar a long time ago. They're understanding.

jaim38

My family doesn't understand me. Some of them are going through mental instability but they're in denial.

Flanscho

Not sure if they understand, but they are very respectful. I moved to another city, about 400km away from my family, in my early twenties, as a step to become more independant and self secure, which worked pretty well in the long run. I phone once a week with my family, and visit them three to four times a year. When I visit them, they are very friendly and do everything so that I feel at home, with a little bowl of chocolates and stuff in the guestroom and so on. And when they do wish to visit me, they make sure to ask, and would never just come here.
The only difference is my brother, but he's somewhat of a narcissist anyway.

Fighter86

My family does not understand me one single bit, what they love to do is to force their ideas on what they feel is good on me. I am sick and tired of them really.

Kiwong

I think my family know who I am, they've known me long before I suffered from anxiety.

vickiekitties

My family gets it, but I'd still rather be far away and wouldn't mind if I didn't see them again. I was happiest a few time zones away from my mother.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Dae they f**k! Ah mean, ah've tried tae explain what it is. But they think am just shy... which really explains ma intense lack o' eye-contact n' not speakin' much.

My family does not understand me one single bit, what they love to do is to force their ideas on what they feel is good on me. I am sick and tired of them really.

Ye just described what ma oldest sister love to do, force ideas on me. "Y'know what you should do..." :eek:h: :kickingmyself: :sad:

My family doesn't understand me... erm... no one understands me :p
Kind like it like that!

Be misunderstood!
Here here! And cheers to those misunderstood!
**** all else and do your thing!

BlueWeepingRose

My mother is understanding, but my step father isn't so much. He simply doesn't understand. I have a hard time talking to people sometimes cause I always get so paranoid that people are out to hurt me. As for walking up and making friends, it's never been easy for me. Most of the time I tend to keep to myself and try to entertain myself. However I do wish I could make friends easier but I can't cause I have a hard time talking to people and opening up to them.

ukmale

My family doesn't understand me... erm... no one understands me :p
Kind like it like that!

Be misunderstood!
Here here! And cheers to those misunderstood!
**** all else and do your thing!

No one understands me they think I'm a lazy shit I am loud can be out going will talk to anyone for hours si they think I'm a lazy shit but I'm killing inside I really am I'm in pain deep inside I have been house bound for 8 long yrs coz I'm in so much pain