Does everyone have a dream career in mind?

Nathália

I would love to have my own barn with a guitar workshop. Id repair guitars and build custom projects, now that would be sweet

Barn? That sounds cool to build instuments, interesting craft. I love guitars too, maybe I can buy one from ya one day.

Haha - you'll really be "rollin' in the dough"!

I'll have to take a look at that resume. *cracks whip* (oh wait - you might actually enjoy that!) ;)

Lol :)

Labyrinthine

I've had a dream career since I was little, but anymore it just seems so unachievable. I have these little back up things that I think I might find interesting and possibly worth while, but in the end everything just seems pointless to me anymore. I figure I'm going through a patch of questioning the meaning of life.

At the very least, I don't want to pick something that makes me miserable in this short life. That would be a nightmare.

Chess

When I was little I wanted to be a geologist or paleontologist, but I wound up going into culinary school instead. It turned a manageable anxiety problem into a nightmare, so I've moved on to web development which suits me better.

chibiXphantom

my "dream career" changes almost weekly. i often circle around the same ones, but i can't decide really.

main ones now are film director, author, psychiatrist, or create some card game or rpg

or possibly (the more far out one) create a persona and become a singer

MrSunday

When I grow up, I will develop a potion that stops mankind from reproducing. It's called a PolyJuice Potion.

Nathália

I would like to be a speech therapist/pathologist. I don't know if I can get through nearly 6 years of school with a child though

School is hard. I don't think I could do 6 years straight either. You go at the pace you want and do things that work for you, it is possible.

Last edited:

Gaucho

i always wished to become a professional football player. but that didn't work out hahah.

i always think about what my path in life is, and i think it would be something very simple, but a thing i enjoy, maybe being a gardner, etc. but on the other hand i have stuck in my head that only with a good university degree I'm worth something, but i know I'm not made for university.
i really don't know, i just wish i find my way.

dragonoth

When I was little I wanted to be a geologist or paleontologist, but I wound up going into culinary school instead. It turned a manageable anxiety problem into a nightmare, so I've moved on to web development which suits me better.

How did you go from having a geologist/paleontologist dream to being at culinary school?

Professional tiger hugger.

Best way to go out on.

Honestly, I'd love to hug many, many living creatures but most are pretty impossible to hug without being seriously injured/dead within seconds. For example great white sharks. They look so fat and huggable!!

HumanZ

My dream career that can't come true is a professional ice hockey player in KHL or NHL.

Dream careers.. hmm.. a surgeon would be awesome.

Gaucho

professional football(soccer) player, many coaches treated me very well and always tried to get the best out of me. i got many injuries and lung problems + psychological problems which don't help. i would be happy being amateur and getting only very low salary,like 500$ with a side job.

i just loved football, in my city( town of 6000 persons) i was called: the boy with the ball. i played every single day of my life football, i didn't care if i played alone, many "friends" and older people always wondered why i played every single day or alone so many times. it was all i had, the only thing which made the days worth. i even went to the supermarket with a ball, to weddings.

Section_31

i personally dont.

really dont care what i do as long as i make enough to survive, get by and be comfortable. I dont know why but it irritates me when people become workaholics and dedicate their lives constantly to upping the bar, and chasing the title and dollar....whats the point in living that way?

Im one of those crazy people who think love and life are more important than work :)

Daniel089

....And am I the only one who doesn't?

Everyone I know wants to do something career-wise. I've had my fair share of switching dreams when I was little - cartoonist, marine biologist, archaeologist, games designer etc - but none of them have really stuck or grown on me.

At the moment I'm tending towards anything that allows me to create stories but I'm afraid that I can't make a real living out of it and it would just be a hit-and-miss sort of thing. Is this just a fantasy of mine or is this what you would actually call 'a dream career'? I don't even know what one counts as.

Feel free to share your dream careers too btw :)

I don't have anything in my mind you know. Or maybe I have a lot, but I very soon forget some ideas. I hear someone playing great classical music, "Oh I want to be a flutist, or a pianist". I think we all have these feelings.