Does anyone here have friends..?

Sacrament

I lost one of my best friends after his girlfriend fell in love with me. I keep a few others close by and try to keep those friendships as stable and healthy as possible.

It's important to face your anxiety and be with your friends on a semi-regular basis, otherwise they'll just ghost you without even thinking about it.

Lionhearted

I do have friends, but I don't really relate to their thoughts or opinions. They're more like 'company', instead of friends. But I'm way more happy in trying to get myself to relate with others. Maybe it's just me being overly judgemental, or it could be occasional pangs of anxiety. Either ways, I think I can hide my anxiety most of the time, unless for the occasional presentations.

It's the self-consciousness, that I'm trying to deal with right now. If I deal with that, then I'm sure that my speech wouldn't be as awkward as it is now.

LoyalXenite

I have a few. Most are from years ago when I was a kid/teenager.. and most of those friendships are ones where we see each other every couple of years but we occasionally comment on each others fb pictures/statuses...really they are more like old acquaintances... I have a couple who are just online friends

I have one best friend who I see regularly (literally weekly) and I consider her immediate family friends too..

But I also try to never let any of them see how bad my mental health actually is... even my best friend doesnt know how bad I get...

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
No I don't have any

I do have friends, but I don't really relate to their thoughts or opinions. They're more like 'company', instead of friends. But I'm way more happy in trying to get myself to relate with others. Maybe it's just me being overly judgemental, or it could be occasional pangs of anxiety. Either ways, I think I can hide my anxiety most of the time, unless for the occasional presentations.

It's the self-consciousness, that I'm trying to deal with right now. If I deal with that, then I'm sure that my speech wouldn't be as awkward as it is now.

Same here. But it doesn't really bother me, I'm more used to be alone. Besides, it difficult to feel lonely when yer reading a book that about something that interests you. Or teach yerself how to play a musicial instrument, or doing something else creative, like painting.

AtTheGates

Banned
No ...I used to though...but I got played/stabbed in the back and given the cold shoulder too many times by "friends" to the point where I dont even bother with all that anymore.

Also, its difficult to pay attention to your inner-voice when you have way too many friends...Thats just my opinion though.

kuurt

I don't have any right now. I don't think I could handle a lot of friends, but maybe a few friends. Everybody likes to do different things, so you could do different things with each of them.

One good friend from my school years. But i never see him, and hardly ever communicate with (by phone). Just another sad aspect of a sad life. God i'm hopeless. :sad:

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I used to have a core group of 5 friends, more like brothers. We went through thick and thin together.

2 have died, one is basically an alcoholic now and I've lost track of the other two.
Things aren't the way they used to be.

I don't understand myself somewhat when it comes to friends at times. I can get so lonely it becomes a physical pain. But I don't really trust anyone. I'm more at ease with my own company.
I'm not at that stage in my life anymore where I try to fit in, or please anyone. I'm much happier just being me.

Ideally I'd love 2-3 good close friends where we enjoy each others company. Gaming nights, movies etc, sharing a few laughs and accepting each other for who we are.

That would be just great.

No, I don't have any. It's one of the hardest things; loneliness. I hate not having any friends, no-one to talk to, no-one to take on the world with, I mean, if you're all alone what is the point of living?

Not sure what's worse, literally having no-one in your life or having people in your life who don't see you.

Emmablahh

I have 2. But i never see Them and when i do, i feel like theres something wrong with me. Because my life i so different compared to theirs. They are out there living their life like a 19 year old should, while I’m stuck. I feel like I child when we talk

Acegame

I have one close friend from childhood who i'm still in contact with. But a real friend in my opinion is someone who you can trust or depend on and i don't feel like i can. Too many times in the past he let me hang out to dry.

I used to look up to him in the past because he's outgoing and has many "friends", but later on i realised how bad of a friend he actually was and how important it is for him to keep up appearances. We share a passion for tennis and nowdays we go hit a few balls every now and then, but thats about it. I keep it that way.

My girlfriend and my dad are my best friends who i know i can rely on 100%.

nicole1

I recently started interacting with my friends again. Not much face to face, but online and through texts. It's frustrating because I don't really go out. In time, I hope to meet more people and go out and do new things.

I did lose friends. When I became more avoidant and isolated, I didn't want to talk to anyone. The shame made me want to hide and prevent them from judging me.

During that time, which I'd say lasted about four years, I lost a lot of my social skills. I hope I can improve them and gain some confidence.

Not very many. A lot of them were friends of my sister's first. Making friends is hard as I never know what to say and fear that only dumb stuff will come out of my mouth. :/

LadyWench

Not really. I did have a best friend for a number of years, but her life has recently changed dramatically and she moved out of town. Now, she's really only my friend when it's convenient for her. I also believe she used me a bit. Because I'm twisted, I find myself still missing her sometimes... :/