Does anyone feel older than they are?

Streifen

I will be 28 this year and I feel ancient. The odd thing is, it's not related to age itself, because I know a 52 year old who has a younger "vibe" to him than I do. I have always felt this way about myself whether I was 12, 21 or..er..now ::p:. I never feel "young" until I can look back in a couple of years and say, "oh wow, I was young then" lol. I am feeling the need more than ever to start delving into things I find interesting, because it all seems to me that it might be a lack of fun and things to do that make me feel this way..

emerald_star733

I am not sure about your beliefs etc. however, perhaps you are an old soul and have been there done that many times before...?
I feel this way about myself.. older than my age, yet still able to be young at heart.. and i still get id'd=yay!!! had to mention that as it just happened on Saturday lol i love when they ask::p: ( i am 32)

Feathers

I felt older at 16 than I do now.. sometimes have felt 52+ too...

then my Granny felt 'young' at 70+!! (until 80, she was really cheerful about things..)

yeah, I think if you go start looking into interesting things that REALLY interest you, and find good company of interesting people along the way, that may make all the difference...

The old get old

I don't know what young is suppose to feel like. I don't know what old is suppose to feel like. I feel ageless. It doesn't mean anything to me right now.

Minty

Yes. My mom calls me an old soul. She has always come to me for advice. Everyone in my immediate family does. I feel like an 80-year-old to be honest, trapped in a 22-year-old's body. I don't knit or spend my Sundays baking cookies, and my sense of humor is very immature at times--it's more of my personality than my interests.

JamesSmith

I have always felt younger than I am because my social maturity has always been lower than my peers. When I was in first grade, I felt like a 3 year old. I'm 26 now, and I feel like I'm still in junior high socially. Mentally I feel 26, though, if that makes sense :) Physically, I feel 26 too.

Phoenixx

I kind of do. I've always been told that I act more mature for my age than most teens. One of my friends even nicknamed me the "21 yr. old" just because apparently I act like I'm 21 to her? I really don't know. She's just weird. ::p:

Richey

I will be 28 this year and I feel ancient. The odd thing is, it's not related to age itself, because I know a 52 year old who has a younger "vibe" to him than I do. I have always felt this way about myself whether I was 12, 21 or..er..now ::p:. I never feel "young" until I can look back in a couple of years and say, "oh wow, I was young then" lol. I am feeling the need more than ever to start delving into things I find interesting, because it all seems to me that it might be a lack of fun and things to do that make me feel this way..

I think once you get caught up in routine and the adult world then it's really easy to become an old person because it feels like everyone else isn't really having fun as adults, you see all the people on the train dressed in their business clothes looking absolutely miserable.

I also think it depends on your situation as well, because some people have fun families who are always laughing and happy, other families are just miserable and distant together, so personality can be influenced by that.

For me, i have my music, i like to play sports on weekends, even if its alone, and i think what keeps me a bit more youthful is that i love guitars and melody and drawing.

You just have to try and change your state and perspective, you are 28 right now but try testing out different states, like tomorrow literally pretend that you are 20 and then start behaving how you think your ideal self would have been at that age ...

In the "I've been slapped in the face by life and supposed wisdom it confers" department, I think a lot of us here are pretty much very old. In the confidence section, I think a lot of us are younger than our biological age. But that's just my guess.

I feel like i'm 21. I'm very mature. When it comes to my thinking aspect. :)
But I can be very chilish too, like acting all silly and stuff.
But that's just being humourous, just a silly wig :D
But from the outside, I look younger than my calendar, but from the inside I might be 21, but when it comes to development of study, sadly i have missed a few years, so I need to be on track again, but hey, i'm studying already alot by reading educational books :). but it depends on what ''perspective'' you are based to view, some people tell me I'm not strong enough to care for myself cuz of anxiety (like not going everywhere) but that's kind of harsch 'cuz it's my obstacle in life, it's not about the personality inside. Sadly my folks think that way, but It's hard to proove if things are getting in the way.. :/

Cynicalloner

I feel older than I am both physically and mentally. I often don't get along too well with people my age group and I'm told I'm "too serious" I guess it's bad of me to not think of everything as a game or somethin... whatever

Another one of these "complex" cases...
I'm a Cancerian, which is a very emotional sign. So, emotionally-wise I often feel like kind of like a baby (sad, needy, vulnerable, etc, etc). But when I'm not being f'ed-around with by the moon & such, and back to feeling my usual "chirpy" morose self, then i'm an old grumpy man (80).
My body has always looked about 10-15 years or so younger than my age. So my body probably looks about 25 yrs old.
Attitude & lifestyle-wise, i'm an elderly man. So again I'll say 80 for that.
Socially, i'm probably about 20-30 years "behind", which make me somewhere around 10 yrs old.
Mentally, probably around 20-30 years "ahead" (finally a positive one!), which works out at ~55 yrs old for that.

Last edited:

scoobycrawler

When I was a teenager I felt like I was alot older than I was yet still imature since I was not having sex and it always made me feel a little inferior yet still old maybe way too old.