does anyone feel like they're living the same day over again?

TreeBones

Lately I've been feeling like everyday that I'm living is almost the same as the previous one. Wake up, go to school(which is very very brief), someone has to ask me how I am while im trying to work, I reply "good" every time,(which is pretty much the highes capacity of my socialization for the day) come home, study, and watch something like the grim adventures of billy and mandy for the rest of the night. It seems like it keeps repeating and that I'm not growing as a person but I don't know what to do to shake things up :idontknow: .
A school break is starting so maybe this could be an opportunity to get out of is rut, but who knows.

Does anyone else ever feel this way?

notacatlady

The other day i was thinking along similar lines. I wake up late, with just enough time to get ready for work. Then I go to work, and I come home afterwards feeling awful and angry. I watch tv fora few hours, or until I just fall asleep...So basically all I do is work, sleep and watch tv.

bsammy

yeah, i will go to work, come home tired or drained, if im feeling sparky i might get a workout in or go take the dogs out for a walk..on the weekends when im not working, i am usually recouping from the week and dont feel like doing much..it is very touhg to break out of mold..i have no advice..

Steiner

Oh yes. I tend to forget what day it is a lot of the time. Though that is because I do nothing every day every week. Wake up. Do nothing worth mentioning. Go to bed. The only time I know it is the weekend is when people go "yay it's the weekend!" or something like that. I remember when weekends were something looked forward to. Now they are just another day like the rest.

EternalIce

I felt like that for the entirety of high school. It's basically because I only do stuff if i'm pushed to go out. Even if the activity isn't the best thing, it often beats staying in all the time.

jaim38

Yes, high school feels like this. Nowadays, I don't have school anymore, but I'm trying to change things up a bit. I've started new routines and learnt new things. I don't go out much, partly because I don't have many friends to go out with, but I try to go out every now and then.

bsammy

heres a question, what does anyone do that really is enjoyable or amazing?seriously, even the extroverts i know just go out to eat or catch a movie or concert, their life isnt that exciting either i have noticed so herrmmm, i dunno..

MikeyC

heres a question, what does anyone do that really is enjoyable or amazing?seriously, even the extroverts i know just go out to eat or catch a movie or concert, their life isnt that exciting either i have noticed so herrmmm, i dunno..
I think it all boils down to attitude. Extroverts do go to the movies and go out to cafes and stuff, but to them, that's the stuff worth living for: going out with friends and doing those fun things. It doesn't end there, either: going out for drinks Friday and Saturday night, scuba diving, rock climbing, travelling when it's affordable - these are the things most people do and it is enjoyable.

If you're not interested in going out and being social, then it can feel like you're living the same day, every day, like Bill Murray once did. Staring at the same four walls around you, not seeing new people, not going out to do anything apart from keeping your pantry stocked. It can get tiresome and boring. But if your attitude towards going out and having fun is fractured, then you can't force yourself to go do them, then you stay inside. Then repeat that for weeks, months, years....

If you're in a rut, go do something simple, but impulsive. I don't know about you, but I do like to eat out on my own. Sometimes I'll take a book with me, other times the iPod. Either way, I'm out, I'm social without talking to people, I have some entertainment on hand, and I'm going to eat a delicious meal. :) Other times I'll see what's at the movies and I'll go there and watch one. I'll buy too much food and indulge while watching a movie. Other times I'll just leave my phone at home and go for a walk, whether it be around the block or through a national park. Sometimes I've even travelled to Sydney just for lunch and to look in one shop. It's insane since it takes about 90 minutes to get there, then another 10 to find a park - which I have to pay for - to look in one shop, but it nicely breaks up the day and I may have something cool to take home with me.

Those are what make me feel like my day is different every day. I'm starting a new venture in March so those days might even be limited, but they're just a couple of examples. I hope I've helped. :)

Kiwong

Seeing a sunrise or sunset, photographing a wildflower. Watching reflections of trees in a natural stretch of water. Seeing a Koala sitting in a tree, or watching about ten Black Cockatoos resting in a bloodwood tree. Watching a super moon set over distant hills.

Adrift in a small boat on a remote stretch of creek discussing the meaning of life and the nature of the universe.

Running a marathon, an ultra marathon.

Seeing photos of eagles and humming birds in flight, an volcanoes emptying into the sea, Iceland waterfalls emptying into rivers.

bsammy

Seeing a sunrise or sunset, photographing a wildflower. Watching reflections of trees in a natural stretch of water. Seeing a Koala sitting in a tree, or watching about ten Black Cockatoos resting in a bloodwood tree. Watching a super moon set over distant hills.

Adrift in a small boat on a remote stretch of creek discussing the meaning of life and the nature of the universe.

Running a marathon, an ultra marathon.

Seeing photos of eagles and humming birds in flight, an volcanoes emptying into the sea, Iceland waterfalls emptying into rivers.

ive done things very similar and still end up getting caught in the same rut..i dont seem to enjoy those outdoor social activities like other people do..

Kiwong

ive done things very similar and still end up getting caught in the same rut..i dont seem to enjoy those outdoor social activities like other people do..

They're not outdoor social activities for me, I do most of it in my own company, they take me out of my rut for a while, a distraction.

The natural world always lifts my spirits, there is always something new to observe, every day is different.

bsammy

wel i guess from past experiences when i go out and do the social thing, it seems half of the time i end simply enduring the evening jst waiting to get home..other times i feel out of place and leave early but occasionally i do enjoy it..it never faisl though, no mattter if i enjoy it or not, it always leaves me feeling drained for the entire next day or so..

i guess the inability to enjoy social outings has to do with this introverted/social anxiety problem that many of us have..another huge problem is i have always had to FORCE myself to go to social outings, it never comes natural like it does for most people..

wel i guess from past experiences when i go out and do the social thing, it seems half of the time i end simply enduring the evening jst waiting to get home..other times i feel out of place and leave early but occasionally i do enjoy it..it never faisl though, no mattter if i enjoy it or not, it always leaves me feeling drained for the entire next day or so..
I suppose feeling "drained" afterwards, means one has not really "enjoyed" the experience that much?? (ie neurotic Ts/Fs prob would have dominated at the time)

i guess the inability to enjoy social outings has to do with this introverted/social anxiety problem that many of us have..another huge problem is i have always had to FORCE myself to go to social outings, it never comes natural like it does for most people..
Could this inability to enjoy social outings be rooted in a general inability to enjoy things i wonder???

bsammy

I suppose feeling "drained" afterwards, means one has not really "enjoyed" the experience that much?? (ie neurotic Ts/Fs prob would have dominated at the time)

im not sure, the 'drained' feeling seems to be typically an introvert symptom..no matter how stimulating a conversation, it seems most introverts start to lose energy..i imagine if neuroses are present, the drained feeling gets much worse..i admit i enjoy few conversations but occasionally there are times i can find some enjoyment but typically very short-lived..

Could this inability to enjoy social outings be rooted in a general inability to enjoy things i wonder???

it could be but there are solitary things i can enjoy..its just that when i force myself out socially it just feels awkward and well, forced..when you have to use extra energy to pay attention to what people are saying, act interested it kind of just kills the enjoyment..

TreeBones

I do go out on my own and enjoy myself but sometimes I wish I had a friend even though I really don't like "maintaining " one . I hope that doesn't sound wrong but good friends are just real hard to find. recently my friend visited me and I met some of her friends and we went to a haunted attraction and had a sleepover and it was the worst time of my life. I told myself I never wanted to do anything like that again because I don't really enjoy the company of others. Sometimes though I feel differently and wish that I had life more similar to others around me though lol.

Last edited:

Kiwong

Yesterday and last night despair, This morning hope, distraction, hopelessness, sadness, competitiveness, exertion, happiness. And that's before breakfast. Sometimes I wish my days were less intense, and more predictable.

Dreamseller

Sometimes I've even travelled to Sydney just for lunch and to look in one shop. It's insane since it takes about 90 minutes to get there, then another 10 to find a park - which I have to pay for - to look in one shop, but it nicely breaks up the day and I may have something cool to take home with me./QUOTE]

I like doing this too. I travel for an hour by train just to go to a music store and I usually don't buy anything, as there isn't one in my town. Excessive traveling for little to no reason.

Going to the movies on your own is also great. It's the perfect solo outing. Everyone is sat in a dark room and most keep quiet anyway, so other than talking about the movie afterwards, it's the same experience going on your own. (I prefer going on my own...that way no one talks to me and ruins the film!)

Richey

Yes, I do. See, I think work is draining enough to a point where quiet time isn't as productive as it could be. Watching tv, reading a book, Relaxing, exercising is all fine and good, but I think a lot of people want to have the energy to come home from work to then work on other projects, more education, earning another income. But full time work is exactly like ground hog day, so people become programmed into that lifestyle to the point where staying resourceful, adaptive and energetic enough to do things around work is very hard.

bsammy

Yes, I do. See, I think work is draining enough to a point where quiet time isn't as productive as it could be. Watching tv, reading a book, Relaxing, exercising is all fine and good, but I think a lot of people want to have the energy to come home from work to then work on other projects, more education, earning another income. But full time work is exactly like ground hog day, so people become programmed into that lifestyle to the point where staying resourceful, adaptive and energetic enough to do things around work is very hard.

yep i find myself getting home from work and just spending the night recouping from the day..come the weekend i might have some pep to do something saturday night but thats about it.come monday, same old cycle..i think this is why people take vacations..