Do you think you look crazy?

YellowBird

Like,i'm so extremely anxious,my posture is weird,i don't look people in the eyes,my voice doesn't sound like my real voice.i always feel like people see how weird i am and are afraid of me.

fate12321

Yeah same thing goes with me. I read a blog a long time ago (forgot the link of the blog), that said when you look at the mirror, that's not you, just a refection. (Well, yeah obviously that's a no brainer). But what the blog argued is that, when you see yourself in the mirror, that's not the way people see you. The way people see you is way different. A lot of people sees us in different perspective, not everyone sees you the same, (or maybe they do), even we see ourselves differently. Maybe that's true or maybe that's false. But then again, it was some guy on the internet that wrote that so yea..
Su
My advice is to not let the people looks intimidate you. In fact don't let your own thought intimidate you.

It's quite the same with me, when I look in the mirror I have the feeling that my appearance is completely different than all the others. And not in a positive way. When I walk around in public I constantly think people are looking at me for that reason.

It doesn't matter how I put it, my hair is awful. And my voice sometimes sounds really weird as well.

Earthcircle

I just posted a thread about flat or inappropriate affect that relates to this. Yes, I have worried about this for years. People have even mocked my facial expression, which isn't very encouraging.

YellowBird

i was talking about the way you behave when you're with people,but i think about the mirror thing too,i have bdd and i always seem different in different lights and pictures,i mean like a completely different person,no lie and i wonder why other people don't get this too,how do they know what they look like?i have no idea..

Feathers

I've had some bdd too and often didn't like the way I looked either, especially since I've been on these meds. It's different with friends - they like me no matter what and I feel more beautiful and accepted then too! :)

Voice can sound different when nervous, so this is a thing to consider. Maybe some relaxation techniques can help?

Whoopdeedoo

I know i look crazy because people have told me so and i behave as though i am . lol
But i refuse to accept that their perception is an accurate one and why .
Because the people that mentioned that i look or behaved crazy have done hurtful things to me. And i probably appear crazy simply because im not very good at hiding how i feel.
Because ,on some level ,i know ,thats its not a good idea to continue interaction with this individual.
So ,my discomfort around them ,makes me look crazy. When ,in fact ,they behaved badly toward me . People cannot accept or see that theyre abusive, neglectful
or advantageous.. Their past behavior toward me ,is reflected ,in the level of fear or discomfort i display when im around them or speaking to them. My love is unconditional.
So i know when i walk out in the world that i look crazy .But , in my heart ,i know im not .
Because im still keenly aware of whats going on around me.
I tune out because i choose to.
Im just scared and hurt and thats does not define me as crazy.
Crazy is not something as simple as way in which someone looks or behaves ,as popular belief would have you believe. Crazy is someone that is no longer in control of what they are doing.
This means you can say whatever you want and LOOK however you do.
Crazy is measured by actions and the affect those actions have on others.
Verbal reactions ,or how one looks ,does not make an individual crazy.
It simply makes an individual feel crazy and look crazy.

Best thing to do is don't over analyze it. It is a bad habit to stare in the mirror contantly and focus on body parts or behaviors.

Quietguy11

Like,i'm so extremely anxious,my posture is weird,i don't look people in the eyes,my voice doesn't sound like my real voice.i always feel like people see how weird i am and are afraid of me.

I've gone through this for so many years, and even struggle with it to this very day. But I have realized over time that these internal feelings are not visible to the outside world. Maybe other social anxiety sufferers may be able to spot nervous body language more than those who don't suffer with it but for the majority of the people no one really takes notice to it even though it is extremely real to the person experiencing it. I use to say to my mom "Does my voice sound different to you in some way?" and every time I asked the question she would say my voice sounds exactly the way it always does, so this delusional thing that was going on with the product of my own mind and was not perceived by the external world.

The key is to talk confidently even though you may sound like you are not speaking correctly. Don't be intimidated or beat down with low self-esteem. Just be yourself, and try not to think too self-consciously about how your voice is sounding. Try with everything you've got to project your voice. It may take a bit more mental energy to do it, but if you focus your conscience on the person you are talking to instead of letting it self-focus you will find that your voice will be much more clearly and more fluent.

THeCARS1979

yeah before and i dont like it. people can be real a******s for no reason. Maybe cause i d stay by myself. theyre just being a d**k to see the reaction they get, curse them out.

onehandclapping

possibly.

whether I am or not I am super conscious of how people react to me, if I get the feeling they think I look crazy it will bother me.

Lavinialuna

I worry people think I am weird. I would like to fall into the realm of normal with a touch of extraordinary... not weird or crazy.
But hey, I feel crazy a lot of the time, so if they are thinking that, they are amazingly perceptive.