Do you think SA affects the way someone drive?

Confuseddd

For me the hardest part was learning. I constantly thought i was being judged on every mistake, and i was worried that my step dad in the passenger seat was just staring at me. I wanted to learn really bad though so it was ok and i ended up doing really well.

ShyBeliever

actually i think SA helps me to drive more safely. Thats because i avoid at all costs be in risk of an accident or a small touch especially because of the public humilliation it would be. Never had an accident yet.

Feathers

It depends if you're in a car with others or not..
I don't think SA could affect driving directly, maybe like others said to make you drive more carefully or be more distracted by others in the car or outside.. or by own thoughts (in which case it could be just anxiety or other thoughts too, not necessarily SA..)

Some people with SA can have some other co-existing problems though, and those can make it harder to drive too..

fitftw

i think it does cuzz ur 2 focus on what others think when you drive by. thats not safe...

I do this...I always look at people next to me. It's weird when they look back because I quickly look away. And it's weird when they don't look too, but more comforting that way than if they look. Doesn't help that I have green wheels on my car :rolleyes:

I'm a pretty high-strung driver. I always feel in danger, like everyone around me doesn't know how to drive. I'm super-cautious and aware of my surroundings when driving. I don't believe people should be doing anything but having a hand on the wheel at all times and constantly looking at the mirrors. Since I know they're not, what with their burgers and cell phones, I have to sort of drive strategically to avoid any possible dumbassery by other drivers.

Last edited:

MaliceInWickedland

Personally, after losing my father in a car accident when I was 7 years old, not to mention five days before Christmas, I am absolutely terrified of driving. I can't sit in a car without getting tense, I have to wear sunglasses even on cloudy days so that people don't completely see my face, and I freak out whenever my mom has road rage after a car throws itself in front of her and whatnot because I feel like we're going to get into an accident and join my father when I haven't even resolved my "meaning of life". I'll be starting my driving lessons very soon, sometime in November, a month before December, the month my father died. That thought alone just makes it all the more nervewracking...

just wanna b normal

Personally, after losing my father in a car accident when I was 7 years old, not to mention five days before Christmas, I am absolutely terrified of driving. I can't sit in a car without getting tense, I have to wear sunglasses even on cloudy days so that people don't completely see my face, and I freak out whenever my mom has road rage after a car throws itself in front of her and whatnot because I feel like we're going to get into an accident and join my father when I haven't even resolved my "meaning of life". I'll be starting my driving lessons very soon, sometime in November, a month before December, the month my father died. That thought alone just makes it all the more nervewracking...

im sorry to hear that...

Driving is an escape for me. Does it affect the way I drive? I don't know. All I have known is AvPD.

It is me and while driving I am free.