Do you procrastinate?

Oizys

That's my day except I wake up at dinner time. :giggle:

I would LOVE to change my routine to sleep during the day and be up at night, but there's too many drawbacks. The rest of the world only does things during the day, so when it comes to appointments and doing official crap, I'll have to be awake during the day.

I'll also have to make my own dinners, and since I've little to no interest in cooking or even learning how to cook, I'll just wind up eating spaghetti out of a tin or microwave dinners and I'm *trying* to be healthy.

Quite often, it is all too easy to put things off and to make excuses. I would say though that if asked to do things for someone else, even just a minor thing I will do it right away. But things for myself I don't.

MikeyC

Yes. In fact, I'm procrastinating right now.
Same here. :bigsmile:

I'm the queen of procrastination. My life has been at a standstill for 6 years, all because of ruddy anxiety...
Is there a difference between procrastination and anxiety stopping you from doing something? I would've thought procrastination was just apathy and not being bothered, while anxiety is fear of doing something.

fivepoint

Yup, I'm a big-time procrastinator. Unless I know it's a big deal that I need to get something done (like someone depending on me) I'll definitely manage my time and get things done right. If it's just for myself (like self-directed research, my own projects, etc.) then I don't really get started right away LOL. I feel like I have so much going on, but I feel like I spend more time thinking about doing stuff than actually starting <.<

theoutsider

I procrastinate every time there's something that I know I'm supposed to be doing. It's funny because if it's the same thing but I'm not required to do it, I have no problem with it. For example, I set a goal to look for a new job on Sundays every week. As a result, I always wind up not getting around to looking at the want ads until very late in the evening. Before I made that goal, I would check the help wanted sections out of curiosity/fun just about every Sunday morning.

Here's a funny quote I read some time ago (apologies if it's a little risque):
"Procrastination is like masturbation.
If feels good at first but then you
realize you're only screwing yourself."

lilmutegirl

I feel like I have so much going on, but I feel like I spend more time thinking about doing stuff than actually starting <.<

That's exactly how I feel! I plan excessively, and think about what I need to do/how to/when to do it...then, I do...nothing...

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I am a chronic procrastinator, but I like to use it to my advantage. Whenever I have a big paper due, it seems before I start doing all my laundry, dishes, and easier homework are suddenly more appalling. The easiest way to make me do something is to have something I don't want to do more put in front of me :bigsmile:

MikeyC

That's exactly how I feel! I plan excessively, and think about what I need to do/how to/when to do it...then, I do...nothing...
Count me in on this. I have a couple of things I want to do, but actually getting around to doing it...no way. :giggle:

It's a tough habit to break!

Lou-s-Darkness

I try to work on an assignment, but just can't. I get really anxious, as though I'm afraid of looking at it and working on it. Sometimes I get so anxious I don't even open the file I need to work on, just open my computer and hesitate, then switch to something completely unrelated. I ALWAYS procrastinate, but not because I want to. I get really depressed afterwards.

I'm doing that right now, ugh. Ok moving on!