Do you like people?

Carol

If we really didn't like other people, we wouldn't all be on this website answering each other's posts. Everybody wants companionship, it's just the rejection that we're afraid of.

I like to be with other people, but I prefer to meet in a non-public place and not visit with too many people at a time. Also, unless it's someone I'm really close with (like my sister) I like to keep the visits short.

Kien

Carol said:
If we really didn't like other people, we wouldn't all be on this website answering each other's posts. Everybody wants companionship, it's just the rejection that we're afraid of.

I like to be with other people, but I prefer to meet in a non-public place and not visit with too many people at a time. Also, unless it's someone I'm really close with (like my sister) I like to keep the visits short.
But perhaps they mean that they don't like to meet people in person. ;)

zootdroop

Carol said:

I want companionship, I like being around people, it just depends who it is. Most people I don't like. To be more clear, I should say I don't like "normal" people I guess. Everyone I've ever liked and all the friends I've ever had have been people who most people would consider weird, geeks, introverted outsider types. I find people like that more interesting to be around than normal people. Plus I'm not all anxious and nervous around people like that, I feel...I don't know...more at home around them. I'm not afraid they will judge me like other people do. That's why I like coming here and reading what people write, we're all a bunch of social misfit weirdos, I love it.

I thought when I was out of school things would be different, but all life is like high school. The same people who were jerks in high school are jerks at work and every other part of life. I've had a lot of the same experiences working as I did in school, people taking advantage of you, making up crap about me...stuff like that. I can't trust anybody. It's sad. I want to, but it always comes back to bite me on the ass.
That's why when I read people complaining about how they want to be part of society, all I can say is why? Have you been out in it lately? It's pretty crappy out there. Not only are most people mean and selfish and bullies, but they are....I'll be nice and just say stupid...
I've always had this conflict about that too, especially in my teen years, I hated everyone cause of what they said about me or did to me and cause everyone was just a carbon copy of everyone else and it bothered me. Yet I was terrified of their judgment of me...I never understood how I could be so fearful of people and hate them at the same time. If I hate them, what do I care what they think or say about me?...it's really confusing. Still is.

hartbrokenvirgo

CPA23 said:
hartbrokenvirgo said:
I love people and care about others very much.I just have a fear of rejection and think people are out to hurt me sometimes,so i protect myself by not letting others in at all,only my closest friend.

DITTO!!

P.S. I don't even have a "closest friend."

well ill be ya friend

CPA23

hartbrokenvirgo said:
CPA23 said:
hartbrokenvirgo said:
I love people and care about others very much.I just have a fear of rejection and think people are out to hurt me sometimes,so i protect myself by not letting others in at all,only my closest friend.

DITTO!!

well ill be ya friend

Thank you. Do you have a boyfriend? If that's your picture, you look HOT!!!!

hartbrokenvirgo

CPA23 said:
hartbrokenvirgo said:
CPA23 said:
hartbrokenvirgo said:

DITTO!!

well ill be ya friend

Thank you. Do you have a boyfriend? If that's your picture, you look HOT!!!!

bf? please...lol and yes thats me :)

cobalt_bluester

Some people I like, but some people I cannot stand as they have given me no reason to like them or have shut me out of their world. I like caring people who do not think solely about themselves.

akele

i very much like a lot of people, but i just dont want to be involved with them because my outward personalitiy is too easily overwhelmed by most people.

starfish

I used to like them but I've pretty much become indifferent to them. The only kind of people I don't like are loud obnoxious shallow people.

LUMINOUS

I tend to ignore my fondness of others, yet I do grow fond of some people. But I do not truely trust anyone, or should I say open up.

i hate people that walk all over you because you're weak and i hate the fact you can never say anything because you're too weak, so you let them treat you like that =/.

Locco1988

I like people. i like people generally speaking. i like people who are abit different and wacky! i hate people who act like adroids, like when u see a bunch of blonde hair girls, all sitting there looking perfectly made up, but they all have personalitys of a wet fish. i dont see the point in people like that lol. id rather be friends with a complete nutter whos heart is in the right place, than someone 'normal' who is sly.
and in my experince, the people who seem wacky, what u see is what u get, the ones who are 'normal' have a hidden agenda.

Skog

If you dislike people, then I don't think you're AVPD. Avoidants want to have social relationships, but fear rejection. That would seem to necessarily include as a premise that the avoidant does like people. Certainly one may dislike some people or some types of people, but if you really don't like people in general, isn't that some other category of anti-social behavior?

alwmt

ljwwriter said:
I always want to like people but then I'm around them and find myself wondering what's to like? The social world isn't all it's cracked up to be, whether you want to be a part of it or not.

Exactly!

I can't stand the human creature, and I am being nice right now. I just observe people and the things that they say and do make me happy that I keep to myself. I don't watch the news because the things that human beings do to each other make me seriously depressed. I really can't handle the fact that one human being could take the life of another. It's disgusting and disheartening.

When you get down to the core of human beings we are just animals. Look at history for example. People killed each other instead of just working together for the benefit of humanity. People hate each other just because they look different on the outside. We all have a heart, brain, stomach, small intestine, etc. Outside differences mean nothing, only what is inside. That is why I do not discriminate my loathing of humans to one race, I loathe them all equally.

I do like my family and friends at times.

ghost7208

ppl all fuckin suck were all (myself included)a bunch of fuckin maggots slithering around a great floating rotten meatball called planet earth crawling all over each other consuming every last piece of rotten flesh we can choke ourselves to death on,srry just venting its not all that bad ,we can all see both positives and negatives in it all,i lost my train of thought damnitt,srry no offense against ne1

Reholla

extremely complicated question.

if you have others' interests in mind, are genuine, secure with yourself, and have a good sense of humor, chances are I would like you a lot.

theres a quote (forget from where) "I like everyone, its the devil inside them i dont trust."

I like at-least-somewhat-intelligent people who have good intentions and aren't shallow. That limits me to about 1% of the population. Problem is I can't stand sorting through the rest to get to them.